[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an aspiring writer. I want to write a book about a robot.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (15KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 470x313px
I'm an aspiring writer. I want to write a book about a robot. A real robot. How should I do it?
>>
learn how to write interesting content
>>
Just write

sounds like a interesting idea OP I'd love to read the book !
>>
>>34667199
I should add that I don't want to turn this into a robot's descent into normalfaggotry, nor use a pseudo robot character. So it must be about a virgin kissless loser neet loner ugly 20 something male. The only characteristic I'm willing to abide is the weeb shit because that's too pathetic even for a robot. It should be about a robot, not an autist, otherwise I might as well write Chris chan biography.
>>
>>34667199
Wake up
Eat
Fap
Game
Shit
Eat
Watch Anime
Sleep
Rinse and Repeat for 400 pages.

10/10 a modern masterpiece
>>
>>34667199
Sorry to burst your bubble but noone would read that.
The story of a real robot would be the story of a young male spending his days on the internet, drowning in depression. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you manage to turn that into something interesting,you might actually have talent and therefore shouldn't be wasting your time in here. Most likely any story about a "robot", just like any coming of age depressed male story, quickly delves into, guess what, not a robot anymore because somehow he found his way into teenage adventures and happiness.
>>
>>34667296
>>34667500
> Male
Why couldn't it be female? A fembot?
>>
>>34667608
>fembot
Get the fuck out of this board
>>
>>34667608
hasn't even started the book and he's already starting controversy
>>
>>34667679
Females can have it as hard as robots too, you misogynistic faggot
>>
>>34667708
I assure that's not coming from the potential author.
>>
>>34667711
Not that anon but no they can't. Get out.
>>
>>34667199

You can't because actual robots are not interesting. Their whole shtick is that shit doesn't happen to them, they are nothing, complete non-entities. It would end up being first person account of depression and solipsism. Maybe you could spin it, so some chapters are from the robot's perspective, the others are from people near him. Have him descend, with the climax being suicide or murder.
>>
last time was a success, she struggled a bit, but in the end she accepted her fate, as they all did before her.
my urges seem to have calmed down quite a bit since then, probably will be able to function "properly" for a month or two.
in the meantime i started looking for the next one.
the others need company, there's never enough for them there, i'm growing tired of pleasing them, but that is all i know.
>>
>>34667199
I've thought about doing this as well. My idea for it is that it would be based heavily on his inner monolog. So much that it would take a long while before the reader would be informed about his actual life, his relationship with his parents, his living situation, etc.

It would be very droning. A lot of the chapters would seem the same. And there would be an underlying sense of dread, like it's all leading up to something terrible happening

I would write it, but I would love to see someone less lazy and more talented do it.
>>
>>34667921
you can write my biography when they catch me.
>>
>>34667199
Hitler's adolescence and write it up to his speech at munich where you'll reveal his identity.
>>
The idea for my book was to take it to a surreal, kafka-like level.

Here's the first chapter of the story in short
>Robot guy loser
>has normal, somewhat caring parents
>only one thing they did was weird
>they forced him to take a specific pill everyday
>they never told him what the pills were for
>whenever the MC refused to take the pill, his father beat the shit out of him. Which is weird, because the father was never violent at any other occasion. He was pretty chill overall, except when it was about the pill. The protagonist HAD to take the pill for some reason
>the parents die
>MC doesen't know where parents hid the pills
>now that MC isnt able to take the pills anymore, he and the reader will find out what the purporse of the pill was

I have the basic plot points laid out but thats the beginning that is supossed to make you interested

I have tons of ideas like this but oh well who doesen't
>>
File: pIQnug4.jpg (93KB, 352x360px) Image search: [Google]
pIQnug4.jpg
93KB, 352x360px
>>34667608
go away, and never come bakc
>>
>>34667199
you should look for inspiration in my diary desu
>>
>>34668419
Pls tell what the pill did anon :'(
>>
File: most_certainly.png (104KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
most_certainly.png
104KB, 450x300px
>>34668419
Wow a red pill/blue pill analogy I have never seen that original thought anywhere else in literature
>>
>>34668609
I can assure you that it has nothing to do with red/blue pill. I didn't even know that existed when I came up with the idea.
>>
books are for fags lmao
>>
>>34668419
Sounds pretty interesting actually. What are some of your other ideas?
>>
>>34668654
You need to flesh it out more.

And I definitely wouldn't share my ideas here on /r9k/, someone's bound to steal something and run with it. Go to /lit/ and work on some simple concepts without giving away the whole plot.

t. author
>>
>>34667199
Doing something kind of like the whole "Tay" thing would be pretty neat.
>>
>>34667199
>be you
>write book
>realize chances you will find anyone to publish it are slim
>realize chances you will find anyone to read it are even slimmer
>realize you wasted 2 years of your life on this shit
>>
>>34668004
I'm not anti-Semitic enough.
>>
>>34668419
But what does this pill do? Please tell us.
It's actually quite a great beginning plot, anon. You should develop it. If i was reading through sinopses of books or movies and came about that one, I'd be curious enough to read/watch the whole thing. That's a great thing, actually. And very hard to accomplish.
>>
>>34667500
Seconding this. Stories usually need plot, conflict, drama, an ending...all these tropes are basically not present in what we would define as a Robot's life.

So your only option is to go for a kind of deconstructed approach. You know: anti-hero, anti-plot, all that postmodern stuff. But there have been many attempts to approach mental illness artistically through post-modern structures and idk if any were very...convincing.

I write about a lot of shit just like that. Anti-plots, intertextuality, anti-heroes and deconstruction, class A edgy shit, but I never really considered making depression the subject matter of any story I wrote. I think one such story already exists and it's called Neon Genesis Evangelion kek.

TlDr: the definition of suffering is that it is something you cannot convey. It's like how doctors need to ask for comparisons and have a hard time getting a "description" of their pain from the patient. That's what writing about depression would be like
>>
File: 1414648934436.jpg (32KB, 321x362px) Image search: [Google]
1414648934436.jpg
32KB, 321x362px
>>34667199
>How should I do it?

Isn't that your fucking job?
>>
>>34669110
>not knowing what aspiring means
>>
>>34667776
If you take catcher in the rye as a template I think you could make a decent novel out of it.
>>
Post somma dat prose senpai.
>>
>>34669239
> Holden caulfield
> Anywhere near a robot
It's because of shit like this noone loves you
>>
>>34667500
Notes from Underground is a classic, and I would consider that to be a novel about a robot.
>>
there is nothing you can't write to describe our lives

please don't write anything.
>>
>>34667199
There is no good plot you could write for a robot. They don't have interesting lives with highs and lows. Unless you want to write a bad novel about "Hey here's robot he suffered a bunch"

Also just go watch Welcome to the NHK first, if you don't think you can do better than that you might as well not bother.
>>
>>34669652
> Anime
I should have said in the OP
Weeb shit is NOT welcome
>>
>>34667199
write a page a day until it's finished

miss some days when you can't be fucked but never two in a row

rewrite
>>
Write about something else. This is no good...
>>
>>34667199
Make the robot a sympathetic villain.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.