[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people wear glasses with clear lenses just so they look smart

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0023.jpg (34KB, 353x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
34KB, 353x416px
>people wear glasses with clear lenses just so they look smart

Yes, this is really a thing. And if you do it fuck you.
>>
>>34664681
...am i suppose to wear glasses with opaque lenses?
>>
>>34664681
People who need or wear glasses are pathetic
>>
I guess it's just fashion. I used to see people on /fa/ talking about doing that very thing

If I could change my vision to 20/20, I would

>>34664708
He means people who wear glasses without needing them, and just have non-prescription lenses
>>
>>34664681
Transituons are the preferred robot lenses
>>
>>34664708
Yes you basic ass fuck boi
>>
>>34664788
Transitions are on-par with new balance autism shoes.

Please please don't wear them if you want the slightest semblance of seeming normal.
>>
>>34664812
My friend embrace the autism, it doesn't matter what you wear, unless you have chad genetics people or more specifically women will look down at you.

It's our lot in life.
>>
>>34664904
Yes anon, it does matter if you want to remain in society.
What you wear gives or takes away at least 3 points off your "score"
However if you really dont care about societal norms then by all means wear anything you want
>>
My glasses make my eyes smaller and I fucking hate it. I look like a lizard
>>
Transition lenses are autistic, I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1467243825077.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467243825077.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>34664788
>transition Ienses
>>
>>34664947
"Puts on blue boot cut jeans, collared t shirt and runners.

Oh and don't forget the Apple Watch
>>
File: 1483683066637.jpg (29KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483683066637.jpg
29KB, 720x480px
>>34664812
>>34664947
>>34664976
>>34664979
I'm poor, short (5'10"), brown, unemployed, and a college dropout

what you're recommending is literally, quintessentially, figuratively, proverbially, factually, pragmatically, LITERALLY like putting lipstick on a pig. I have no one to impress because everyone already writes me off.

If I'm going to wear transitions, what the fuck else do I have to lose you failed normies?
>>
yes i hate when people do that. i broke a girl's glasses because she wore contacts and glasses one day. i was a mad patient there.
>>
>TFW 20/200 vision
>>
>>34665010
I'm nothing to look at, but I wouldn't wear transitions just out of dignity and self respect

Also, I'm not a little baby
>Ow my eyes! The sun is so bright!

>>34665349
iktf
>>
>>34664709
dude, you're on r9k. You're pathetic too
>>
>>34664708
>he doesn't blind himself for style points
>>
>>34664681
but how do I see with opaque lenses?
and I can't clearly for more than 3 inches or so.
>>
>tfw i used to have perfect vision as a child
>now i can't read on my pc screen unless im 10 cm away
i blame the computer
>>
>>34665790
>Also, I'm not a little baby
>>Ow my eyes! The sun is so bright!
Sorry brah but I'm not a failed normalfag like you

I recognize that I only get one pair of eyes in this life so I want to take care of them :)
>>
>>34666028
>what are prescription sunglasses
>>
>>34664681
The bartender at my work wears fake glasses, but he honestly looks horrible without them on. He has permanent eye bags and those bulky meme frames kinda hide them.
>>
>>34666175
I own those too, but I'm not a failed normie (unlike you) so I have no shame :^)
>>
>>34666230
You do realize that most prescription glasses have UV-filtering lenses, right?
>>
>>34666269
>You do realize that most prescription glasses have UV-filtering lenses, right?
Not good enough when you're driving and you live in the desert to be desu. There's an appreciable difference between when I face sunlight with just rx glasses and when I have my rx sunshades with the extra normie tint

I don't use my Transitions(tm)(R) when I'm driving though because of the UV filtering-film on my windshield
>>
>>34666297
there's a difference between filtering UV and reducing the intensity of the light, both of which are harmful
>>
The only glasses anyone should wear is sunglasses. Clear glasses make you look like a retarded dweeb. I make it a point to not hire applicants wearing glasses. If they can't even see without a crutch how am I supposed to expect them do anything? Especially for the important shit where you need to use a computer screen or make adjustments based on displays.
>>
>>34666321
Yeah this is why I just wear rx sunglasses when I'm driving

>>34666323
>I make it a point to not hire applicants wearing glasses.
This is why your taxdollars pay for my existence

>inb4 "haha my god-emperor (((President Trump))) will cut off your NEETbux!"
he loves us veterans :^)
>>
>>34664681

Why do they do that?

I'm almost blind without my glasses but would never wear them if I didn't have to.

> Inb4 lenses
Cannot wear them in my personnal and totally anecdotal case.
>>
Have anyone else become really sensitive to light after starting wearing glasses? It doesn't even have to be sunny outside, but if it's daytime and snowy for example i can barely keep my eyes open. Shits crazy.
>>
>>34666362
seriously, you're asking that?
can you tell me how glasses work?
>>
>>34666297

I used to wear yellow safety glasses when driving at work until I found out it causes more damage to your eyes. I like yellow but not enough to risk my peepers over. I have some polarized shades and it's weird how much difference it makes. I can't use certain electronic screens with it but it's great when fishing and driving in a car.
>>
>>34664709
I'm pathetic because I don't have 20/20 vision? ok guy.
>>
>>34666400
Sorry, am i being a retard? Jeez i feel like a retard. I know glasses bend the light entering your eye so that you can see properly but i didn't know they literally made you more sensitive to light in general.
>>
>>34666509
They focus the light on your retina.
What happens when you take a magnifying glass, hold it into the sun and put your own hand into the focal point?
>>
>>34666353

Are you on blind gibsmedats or vet? I'm against it on principle but I respect vets and feel bad for the blind so I'll hold the vitriol for now. If you tried contacts I wouldn't know any better and hire you, provided you show up in at least slacks and a shirt. For some reason noone wears suits any more. I do hate polos and short sleeve shirts though. This is turning into a 'damn kids' rant though. Enjoy your retirement, I hope you killed a bunch of sand niggers for us.
>>
>>34665010
>short (5'10)
pls stop you are not one of us
>>
File: 20170130_134542_HDR.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170130_134542_HDR.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>34664812
>>34664976
>>34664979
transitions can look fine pic related
>>
>>34666362

Photosensitivity is a sign of autism.

>>34666505

20/20 isn't even good vision, that's just average. It's funny you act like it's some kind of super power to be able to read a newspaper.
>>
>>34666538
Vet

I relish living off of your taxdollars considering how irrationally autistically biased you are against my fellow vision-impaired brothers
>>
>>34666563
clear aviators are over the top, though

>>34666362
That happens to me sometimes
>>
>>34666673
nah not really, they are back in fashion with the 70s looks coming around
>>
There's honestly nothing more beta than wearing glasses. There's a reason we used to bully you four-eyes in school. It makes you look pathetic.
>>
>>34666706
Its not quite our choice to be born blind, now is it?
Fuck off
>>
>>34666618

You mean fellow vets? I'm not biased against them at all. I already said I don't mind taxes going towards useful things like military. It's shit like ghettos and public schools I'm against.
>>
>>34666773

Maybe if you exercised your eyes and actually read some time your vision wouldn't be so shit. If you don't use it you lose it.
>>
>>34666831
>Implying I don't read
It's not that simple
>>
>>34666773
It was your choice to sit around playing video games all day, yes. You can always get your deformity fixed with Lasik, but don't expect me to respect you if you're going to go around looking like a dweeb.
>>
>>34664681
I've never seen anyone wearing them for the sake of looking smart. Where the fuck did you get that idea from?
It's either for fashion or because they look better with them on.
>>
>>34666868

>genetics

Lel, flimsiest excuse ever. It's funny how people keep going back on it.
>>
>>34666922
>lol just go buy some shit that you can't afford dude, it's that easy

I'll just stop being poor while I'm at it
>>
>>34666831
literacy correlates with an increase in nearsightedness.
>>
>>34667228

Bullshit, how would you even run a study on that? Every country with the slightest development has 99%+ literacy rates. 3rd world countries have too many confounds like malnutrition.
>>
>>34667275
I was more thinking about publicly available education and myopia.
Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that more people were nearsighted in the 1940s than in the 15th century?
>>
>>34667418

Not at all. It doesn't matter though because we don't have census data, medical records, and report cards from back then nor a time machine to collect it ourselves. There could be more nearsightedness back then but that could be due to any number of things unrelated to reading. Iff we apply the orgasm razor reading isn't even considered. I'd blame malnutrition and disease first. Y'know, things actually proven to have a causal link to vision disorder.
>>
File: 1431360363118.jpg (75KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1431360363118.jpg
75KB, 645x773px
>like the look of the frames in OP's pic
>dont want to look like a hipster fag
such is the struggle of poor eyesight
>>
Everyone who need to wear glasses are unfit and dont deserve to live. I wish we could ban them from entering the work force and let them die as homeless blind retards. If you were glasses you are worse than a nigger and you need to kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>34668383
>Anyone who needs to benefit from modern medicine needs to die

Are you actually autistic or just pretending?
>>
>>34669020

Downy ass potatoes need medical help too but they shouldn't be allowed to live either

This isn't a cold we're talking about, this is being a functional human being. Why are you even defending these freaks? Some are dishonest and wear contacts but for the most part you can spot a 4-eyed retard with ease. It's immediately apparent to see(badumtish) why they shouldn't be given human rights. I know correlation and causation yadda' yadda'. What if that correlation is 1 though?
>>
>>34669281
>Comparing people that can't see well to people with Down's Syndrome

So you weren't pretending
>>
>>34669463

Did you think I was? No, I'm not pretending. I'll say it again real big so even a googly eyed fuck like you can understand; NO (COMMA) I(APOSTROPHE)M NOT PRETENDING(PERIOD)
>>
I wear glasses because my vision sucks and I refuse to wear contacts.
>higher chance of eye infection
>higher chance of scratching cornea
>higher chance of magnified sunlight burning your retinas
>wtf happens when an eyelash falls into your eye while you're wearing a contact?
etc etc
contacts are too problematic.
>>
File: pepeMAd.jpg (120KB, 1118x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pepeMAd.jpg
120KB, 1118x1280px
>>34664681
Yeah normans are this retarderd.

Being sightlet is disability. In ancient era sightlet would stood on some fucking snake or spider or get fucked by some wild animal now thank to advenced technology, sighlets can carry normal life.

Normans have no fucking idea how shitty it is when are unable to check time on phone, read fucking street name or read book without glasses.

I wonder what dumb /fa/ disability is going to be next?

Wheelhchair for hipsters?
>>
>>34669687
Have fun having to get glasses at age 45 and then consequently having to be shot because of something you couldn't control
>>
>>34670022

Is that a threat? Motherfucker I will kick your skinny little ass and then shove those goggles straight up it.
>>
>>34669687
>NO (COMMA) I(APOSTROPHE)M NOT PRETENDING(PERIOD)
bro, my eyes are shaking, put a trigger warning before such burn you bulli :(
>>
>>34670303
You're the one who said people who have to wear glasses should be put to death, not me
>>
>>34670530

Yes, are you having trouble reading even with the goggles now? Pathetic.
>>
>>34671278
To be honest it's more pathetic that you actually give a shit whether my eyesight is on par with yours or not and you're actually defending not using modern medicine to benefit people.
>>
>>34664681
What about people who wear glasses so they don't get cum in their eyes when they are blowing traps? Is that okay?
>>
>>34671278
Jokes on you, my fetish is to be put down cause I have glasses ;)
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.