[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a mental hospital? Whats the purpose? Is it like an indefinate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: why_we_do_what_we_do_1200x627.jpg (58KB, 1050x549px) Image search: [Google]
why_we_do_what_we_do_1200x627.jpg
58KB, 1050x549px
What is a mental hospital?
Whats the purpose?
Is it like an indefinate hotel for crazy people?

Do they all cost money?
What do they make you do?
Is there a strict treatment/rehabilitation regiment?

Do they let you wank or have devices and vidya?
Can you only eat what they give you?

Fuck man.
Is going into the bug house ever a preferable choice?

If they wont let me die what will they do.

What is the worst the society we live in can do to a person whose top priority above all else is to die.

Legally I mean.
>>
>>34661989
>What is the worst the society we live in can do to a person whose top priority above all else is to die.
Literally drug you until you're half-comatose and keep you physically restrained in an empty room for days. If you're planning to commit suicide, make sure your plan is 100% bulletproof with no chance of survival. Never EVER tell any """therapist""" that you have suicidal thoughts or any plans to harm yourself or others.
>>
I got raped in there by the orderlies and im a male, nd im not even that hot
>>
>>34662711
Dam really wtf?
How come I cant just live?

I dont understand the world. I dont want to pay taxes. I dont want to interact with people. But these things that are so complicated to me are necessary apparently to the world at large.

I dont want the life they say we should live.
>>
I can only speak for my area. Long term hospitalization is very rare because the medical community has, for the most part, found little benefit from keeping people locked away for months upon months at a time.

If you go in with active suicidal tendencies or the capacity to hurt yourself, you have to deal with someone watching you sleep, shower, and poop. The pooping part is pretty awkward. Neither you nor the nurse in charge of watching really enjoys it. When you do your intake, you are stripped and you have to do the squat and cough. You are not allowed any thing with metal. Music and video games are not allowed namely because of content. You can only eat the food given. It wasn't terrible, but it isn't a four course meal. You get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack. It was better then what I ate at home. You can have food brought in by visitors. You generally are kept two to a room, usually separated based upon gender although wards themselves are rarely gender separated.

If you are non-committed, you can leave at any time. Committed patients are only allowed to leave if the hospital decides to let you go. Committed status can be non-voluntary or voluntary. Either way, it usually is easier financially if you are committed. Adults are allowed to smoke cigarettes and go to their cars. You don't get to leave to your car if you are committed. You can wank in the shower if you aren't on high priority, otherwise you'd be wanking with someone watching.

It is extremely expensive. Being committed generally means more of the cost is covered, often insurance will only cover committed stays. You have a strict regime. Everything is done based on a schedule. You do get some free time per day, but much of the day is spent in group therapy or talking to doctors. The therapy ranges from worksheets, talking, art, to weird stuff like learning about horticulture.

I've been committed 3 times, staying from a month and a half to two months each time. Medication is mandated.
>>
Also, some hospitals are worse then others so it is important to know ahead of time. You do have some highly institutionalized hospitals in existence although this is no longer the norm. They are more like your, "Stick you in a room and drug you." Others are more like a sanitarium where they drug you. Fortunately, the bad ones are no longer commonplace because they make people worse. However, if you act up, you'll get put in a restraint system staring at fish on the ceiling. Sometimes you can get put in isolation from others if you don't participate in group therapy or threaten others. Sometimes you'll hear 'red alert', 'code black', or something over the intercom, the whole place goes on lock-down. This means someone is fighting or trying to escape.
>>
>>34663237
Damn.
Now im really fucking scared someones gonna find out im crazy.

Shit. Ive never been so glad to be able to hide how broken I am.
Im gonna stick to being homeless, thnx for the input.
>>
>>34663337
I went in under high priority as an actively suicidal/endangered patient. I was committed. Unless you are trying to hang yourself with the bed sheets or try attacking the other patients/nurses, they don't restrain you. You can freely talk about wanting to commit suicide without being locked in a restraint system. That's why they constantly watch you, it's so you don't have to be kept locked in isolation.

No problem, I hope the input helps. Yeah, it's not fun, you have no privacy, and depending on your illness, the people aren't fun. Usually wards are separated based on illness. So, you got one ward for drug addicts, another ward for depression/disassociation/BPD/bi-polar, and then generally another ward for your schizophrenics or bipolar/BPD/depressives with psychotic symptoms. The child's ward is always separated although not based upon illness.

Don't go there unless you have to because it's not fun. It's nothing like 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', but it's not enjoyable. It's a hospital. Nobody likes being stuck in a hospital.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.