[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to a childhood friend, Schubert "used to sit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

>According to a childhood friend, Schubert "used to sit down at his writing desk every morning at 6 o'clock and compose straight through until 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Meanwhile many a pipe was smoked." The Austrian composer's afternoons were less rigorous; his friend noted, "Schubert never composed in the afternoon; after the midday meal he went to a coffee-house, drank a small portion of black coffee, smoked for an hour or two and read the newspapers at the same time." On summer afternoons, he often went for long walks in the countryside surrounding Vienna, then enjoyed a glass of beer or wine with friends. He avoided giving piano lessons, even though he always needed the money and frequently had to rely on friends for financial support. As one member of his circle remembered, "Schubert was extraordinarily fertile and industrious in composing. For everything else that goes by the name of work he had no use."
Is this the ideal NEET life?
>>
>then enjoyed a glass of beer or wine with friends
>Is this the ideal NEET life?
>with friends

try harder
>>
iirc he also died from syphilis that he contracted from a prostitute
>>
File: 1474655862301.jpg (14KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1474655862301.jpg
14KB, 350x263px
>>34659216
I'm going to school for classical piano in the fall

Should I dedicate myself to writing too?
>>
>productive
>creative
>has close friends
>is remembered after his time as a success

Yeah, no

Not to mention that he was effectively self employed as a composer, hence not NEET
>>
File: 1483640943707-r9k.jpg (33KB, 582x326px) Image search: [Google]
1483640943707-r9k.jpg
33KB, 582x326px
>>34659272
Start working on serving coffee now
>>
>>34659244

>NEET
>"Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

Just because you're a NEET doesn't mean you can't socialize and have friends. You're looking at hikikomori.
>>
>>34659294
>Just because you're a NEET doesn't mean you can't socialize and have friends.

Yeah, but how many genuine long term NEETS on this board do you think have a closer circle of real life friends?
>>
>>34659244
>>34659284
>you can't have friends or leave the house if you're not a wageslave
>>
>>34659287
Kek I actually quit a barista job to focus on piano. My parents support me financially so my life is pretty comfy right now, I just need more focus and discipline
>>
>>34659310
Not necessarily, it's just that the types of failures who are NEET well into their adult life will tend to have some kind of mental illness or other reason preventing them from being successful, which will often also impact their social success.

Not to mention that in his time, the only "NEETS" were basically beggars/aristocrats. The only reason people can be NEET nowadays is because of social funding schemes and/or parents money.
>>
>>34659385
Unemployment is just a way of life for some people, you don't have to have mental illnesses to realize that slaving away for eight hours a day for an average income just isn't worth it.. There are hundreds of thousands of families in my country who live entirely on state benefits.
>>
>>34659841
The fact that you can't envision any kind of employment that isn't "slaving away for eight hours a day for an average income" tells me quite a lot about you.

>There are hundreds of thousands of families in my country who live entirely on state benefits.

The key word being families. My understanding is that it's quite hard to get livable benefits when you're not mentally ill/injured/have children?
>>
>>34659941
only in shithole countries like the US. In the first world no one really has to work if they don't want to
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.