[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I just depressed or is this the worst time thoughout the history

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1185.jpg (61KB, 499x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1185.jpg
61KB, 499x616px
Am I just depressed or is this the worst time thoughout the history to be alive?

>overpopulation
>mass imigration
>pollutions so bad the climate might change
The list could go on and on
>>
>>34658336
Every time is the worst time. We are living in Hell.
>>
>>34658336
>healthiest time in human history
>safest time with lowest crime rates ever recorded in all of human history
>most knowledgeable time in human history
>able to do more hobbies than any time in human history
>have worker's rights unparalleled by any time period in human history (the concept of "days off" did not exist just 100 years ago)

>food more abundant than any time in human history
>wealthier times for the average man than any time in human history

Yes OP you are just a dumb memer. Overpopulation is a meme.
>>
>>34658398
All of that is true, but people are also the least happy. Maybe health, safety, and leisure aren't the keys to a good life?
>>
>>34658398
this
people like to bitch and moan but the truth is we are living in the best time we possibly could.
most of us wouldnt even have made it to 20 a few hundred years ago.
fuck off op
>>
>>34658336
> you can whine about it in mongolyan table for display of frog pictured scrolls.

What a time to be alive
>>
>>34658424
>but people are also the least happy
any sources on that my friend? did you find any ancient surveys on the general happiness levels of the population of the 16th century?
of course not. you are just romanticizing the past and talking out of your ass
>>
>>34658398
Wealth, health, safety
>better

Better for the rich you mean?
>>
>>34658481
>any sources on that my friend?
My conscious mind. Or are observations only real if you have a Ph.D?
>>
>>34658511
it is better for everybody, meme all you want
>filtered water
>food regulations
>healthcare
>welfare checks
>medicines of all kind
>sewer systems
>central heating
>etc
we get it you want to be brooding and edgy, but you really should find something else to whine about
>>
>>34658424
They're only unhappy because of media brainwash and melancholy self pity. We live in a victim culture. Also, humans are very bad at sensing absolutes and only understand things in context, or in comparison, to other things. People have no reason to be sad these days. I just think nobody appreciates what they have because everything around them is going so well that when 1 bad thing happens they freak out and spiral into depression/suicide. 500 years ago you could get a random disease and die in 3 days out of the blue. Nobody committed suicide back then because every day alive was a gift from god to those people.
>>
>>34658536
how would you even guess the happiness levels of people who died 300 hundred years ago? with your "conscious mind"? how is that an observation? what are you observing?
you are just bullshitting because you are an edgy teenager.
>>
The Matrix was right, we hit the peak at around 1999.

Technology will continue to improve, but we will be facing the problems you mention plus resource depletion and political instability due to the economic decline.
>>
>>34658511
The average GDP is higher for everyone you dumb fucking cunt. The average person today has a preponderance of wealth that the average person 1,000 years ago could only DREAM of. You are sitting on a fucking computer right now that has access to the entirety of human discovery, and you paid less than $1,000 for it. You probably even got it for free from your mommy, that's how wealthy we are today.
>>
>>34658588
>Nobody committed suicide back then because every day alive was a gift from god to those people.
literally what
where are you guys getting these crispy facts?
>>
>>34658563
Why does r9k even exist then? It seems like people are overall stressed and unhappy. We in the west have lost all contact with our kulture and are now watching crappy tv or browsing internet all day.
>>
>>34658666
>there are unhappy people today
>this automatically means that people are the least happy in this time and age
do you get the concept of averages?
>>
File: 1486288003079.webm (2MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486288003079.webm
2MB, 406x720px
>>34658511
>Better for the rich you mean?

>"all the rich people got it by stealing from poor people" meme

Ah yes I am familiar with this decayed meme. It is a vital meme in the Democratic platform.
What Democrats don't seem to understand is that wealthy people became that way by doing more voluntary business transactions than anyone else. They give you the cool products you want like $2.00 t-shirts, computers, and cars.

I also don't know a single wealthy person who just sits there with $2,000,000,000 doing nothing with it. That's a fast way to lose all your wealth. If you have wealth you need to invest to keep it. Investing builds business and creates jobs for the poor people you whine about all the time. Wealthy people do more for the poor than you ever will sitting on your ass whining about dead memes, demonizing rich people.

By the way most of the top 10 wealthiest people on earth plan to give almost all of it away to cancer research and other shit once they die. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are just 2 examples.

It's almost like the black-and-white moral struggle that the media has portrayed isn't actually true, and there are shades of gray and rich and poor people alike who are good and bad people! It's almost like everyone is their own individual and should be judged on their own merits! Hm really makes u think!
>>
>>34658336
shut up faggot

you're depressed welcome to adulthood. It fucking blows.
>>
>>34658336
it is for normalfags like you.
i don't have to leave my house to waste my life away staying high and avoiding the outside.
>>overpopulation
who fucking cares?
>>mass imigration
i don't notice it since i'm not a normalfag that interacts with people outside.
>>pollutions so bad the climate might change
we'll be dead by then. it doesn't matter to robots.
>>
>>34658747
Funny how the proles will trip over themselves to defend their oligarch overlords for no benefit.
>>
>>34658336
just kill yourself if you're so depressed. i don't need you sadfags bringing me down.
>>
So you'd rather die in your late teens, possibly of some kind of plague? Nigger just stay inside.
>>
>>34658398
Every single one of those are objectiveIy wrong, except food is more abundant but that's because it's mass-produced unhealthy garbage.
>Overpopulation is a meme
I wish I was this retarded.
>>
>>34659075
wow nice arguments there retardo
>>
>>34658336
>overpopulation
Worldwide this is not the case and is usually just a meme fear. China is but it's actually from issues of land irrigation and old obsession of needing a son for the family. US and many first world counties are at a 0 or negative birth rate.

>mass immigration
most part true

>pollutions so bad the climate might change
Actually it's much cleaner than 60 years ago maybe even further back we just don't have the numbers.

And the "worse" time to be alive usually relates more to your happiness and direct life then the world around you. Every decade has had a major war. We have had six economical crisis since 1929. Three Oil crisis spawn across four generations. Every time can be the worst or best to be alive. But it has more to do with your personal life than the world at large.
>>
File: 7ea1087c282af94904def76679150145.jpg (346KB, 740x1020px) Image search: [Google]
7ea1087c282af94904def76679150145.jpg
346KB, 740x1020px
This is, at the very same time, the worst and best time ever in humanity
>>
File: crimerate.jpg (56KB, 803x514px) Image search: [Google]
crimerate.jpg
56KB, 803x514px
>>34659105
I can refute every single one of them, but you are a delusional /pol/fag so it would be a waste of time. Here's one that took 5 seconds of googling.
>>
File: 7704.jpg (154KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
7704.jpg
154KB, 1024x640px
>>34659075
>I wish I was this retarded.
you have gone way past that dummy.
>>
>all these angry guys trying to prove that living today is great.

Life was probably okey as a single cell organism and went downhill from there. Kids today, and adults to are just robots, working, feeling very little while trying to convince themselves that they are happy, fullfilled humsns when they are just emotionally drained and brainwashed.
>>
>>34659146
you want to give a link to that?
>>
File: CguUiWeWgAAKRXq.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CguUiWeWgAAKRXq.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
We live in a time where we've been liberated from our basic needs. We no longer have to worry about what to eat, where to sleep, if we'll get mailed by some animal/other human. The ONLY thing you need to worry about is the person you want to be. This world seems meaningless because we no longer have to fight to stay alive, yet too many people are fine with just "existing". it's hard to work for something when not working for it would put you're life in danger

Shut the fuck up and make something out of yourself. Maybe once you go out into the world, you'll discover that life is truly awesome. You don't have the motivation because the things you need to do to survive have been done for you, so realistically you don't need to do anything. Find a way to break that mentality though.
>>
File: 1477243310719.png (182KB, 866x635px) Image search: [Google]
1477243310719.png
182KB, 866x635px
>>34658336
It's the best time. I'm leeching off the most technologically advanced civilisation the world has ever seen.
>>
>>34659146
>I can refute every single one of them
We are waiting. btw I'm as liberal as they come and have never went on /pol/
you are just being an edgy retard
>>
>>34659141
Said every generation ever. Any generation can be seen as the best and worse time to be alive.

>>34659164
I can't tell if you are projecting with that rationalizing because that argument is based on knowledge you could never have.
>>
>>34659182
It's kinda amazing how the most angry at life usually never even try and live it.
>>
OP here, you guys seem pretty sure that there are ZERO downsides with life today so I guess im just depressed then.
>>
>>34659182
not having needs it what makes it rad.
i don't do anything anymore.
>>34659346
go get drugs then.just keep avoiding feels, werk'd for me
>>
>>34659346
Life always has downsides.
>>
>>34659346
Don't buy into it. There are things that made people happy in the past that don't apply today (such as zero competition, less government hoops to jump through and other such things necessary to survive today). To be fair, there are also countless benefits today that outweigh those. You just have to look at why you are unhappy and what you can influence.
>>
Actually, this is the best time to be alive. Memes, PC, drugs, vidya, etc.
>>
>>34659421
Fucking thank you! Some solid advice from a kind hearted anon at last! Thanks bro, thats exactly what I needed to hear.
>>
>>34659507
Drugs were invented by the Clintons as an attack on black communities. Christmas is a pagan holiday.
>>
>>34659526
I mean ordering them online desu, I know they've been around forever.
>>
>>34659075
>Every single one of those are objectiveIy wrong
Name another time in human history with longer average life span

name another time in human history where humans had more knowledge than now

name another time in human history where the average person had access to more hobbies and activities than the average person using the internet/travel has access to today

name one other time in human history where PTO, 40 hour work weeks with 2+ days off each week, with 10 public holidays and holiday triple time pay existed

Name another time in human history with higher average GDP than people living in first world countries have today

I need specific examples which should be easy for someone as confident as you
>>
>>34659075
Even the food nowadays is better. It's literally genetically modified to be better.
>>
>>34658398
>Yes OP you are just a dumb memer. Overpopulation is a meme.

You are fucking retarded, not sure if you are just some edgy kid or you didnt go to highschool
>>
File: wow you are fucking retarded.png (24KB, 1105x881px) Image search: [Google]
wow you are fucking retarded.png
24KB, 1105x881px
>>34659146
Why don't you find the whole graph you fucking retard. An absolutely minimal fluctuation in the amount of crimes over the past 50 years is meaningless when compared to crime rates of the past. I don't think you really understand how common rape, murder, theft, slavery, and human trafficking used to be 500 or 1,000 years ago.

You're committing an egregious error in scope and scale.
>>
>>34659670
Thanks for providing me with all those facts and evidence
>>
>>34658336
considering material wealth, healthcare, spiritual and societal health, the best time to be alive was the 60s-90s

the equilibrium between individualism and collectivism
>>
>>34659685
Are you this stupid for real?
>>
>>34659730
Are YOU this stupid for real?

What you're doing right now is telling someone who was homeless his entire life who wins the lottery at age 85 that "nuh uh you aren't living in the wealthiest time of your life! You had 6 more cents last Thursday NEENER NEENER!"

You are being a fucking retard. A marginal increase in crime since 1960 (WHICH IS ON A DOWNTREND) doesn't fucking change the fact that we live in the overall safest times ever recorded in human history. When we're talking about a time scale of "all of human history" you realize that they would group your entire fucking graph into one time period, right? Meaning that the entire graph you showed would be one "crime rate" data point, to be compared to other time periods of 100-year spans.
>>
you're just depressed

or would you rather have been a serf worked to death in his late 30s?
>>
>>34659730
If the exact same amount of crimes happened both today and yesterday, except one child stole a candy bar from a gas station today, would you whine about how we don't live in the safest times in human history just because yesterday there was 1 less crime than today?
>>
>>34659838
>>34659879
Lolol I troll u xD
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.