[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>going to die in your lifetime >probably not an afterlife

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1486249253486.jpg (102KB, 735x660px) Image search: [Google]
1486249253486.jpg
102KB, 735x660px
>going to die in your lifetime
>probably not an afterlife
>if science can make you immortal in the near future have to deal with >tfw 2012 was 13 billion years ago and heat death of universe
>>
File: Design Blur_Jan192017_193712.jpg (98KB, 838x478px) Image search: [Google]
Design Blur_Jan192017_193712.jpg
98KB, 838x478px
STOP WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING DOING RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1483923489775.jpg (40KB, 480x711px) Image search: [Google]
1483923489775.jpg
40KB, 480x711px
>>34650896
>going to die in your lifetime
>>
>>34650896
>being immortal and suffering pain by living in an empty void for eternity
you do not understand pain
>>
>a third of my life gone
>literally accomplished nothing
>no gf ever
>no friends
i think im tired of life at this point
>>
>>34650896
>probably not an afterlife
After visiting psychics I'm completely convinced there is one
>>
>>34651606
>I'm completely convinced
explain?
>>
>>34651602
ive completely given up.
i pretty much only exist to enjoy the small things in life now. my hobby(game dev) and upcoming anime.

thank god im creative else i'd probably suicide from being so bored of myself
>>
>>34651627
im not even creative, i've tried playing guitar but it just gets boring and have no talent. i wanna learn programming so i at least have a proper job in the future but im a brainlet with zero motivation so there's literally no hope for me
>>
>>34651618
he read the meme about no energy ever being lost
>>
>>34650896
i'm gonna try. I'll just use my chem major for kush, then go into biology and nanotech as soon as I have enough. Gonna try the slow nano replacement way

And then only robots will get it. No way in hell will I let normies in on it
>>
>>34651678
he said psychics convinced him, not science memes. spooky stories are fun so i hope he responds.
>>
>>34651581

>ywn fug with puny mortals while disguised as one
>ywn become so intelligent and powerful you cum just looking at the mirror
>ywn perfect many millions of hobbies AND vidya

the only gaping void is your asshole
>>
>>34651667
might want to work on that then.
you will definitely need motivation if you're self-taught.

I spent 12 hours a day for up to 4 months learning to program. now it's second nature. I can probably do anything I want aside from really low level stuff(kernals/drivers/memory-related things) or neural networks.
>>
>>34651758
how am i supposed to just motivate myself? also i cant spare 12 hours a day because i practically have a full time job
>>
>>34651785
>how am i supposed to just motivate myself?
well, why do you want to program? do you have some great idea in mind in which you have a burning passion to build? do you think about it even in your sleep? I mean, that's how it was for me.

I was a neet for 2 years, learned a ton of shit, then got a full time job(unrelated to programming though) but still dedicate all my free time to it because I love doing it.

>also i cant spare 12 hours a day because i practically have a full time job
doesn't have to be that extreme. You just need to have a goal in mind, something more specific than just 'learn programming'. i mean that's like saying 'learn math'. what language do you want to learn? what topics? what algorithms? motivation is something that only you can solve.
>>
>>34651894
im not interested in anything. i odnt have hobbies or talents. i just wanna learn it cause everyone memes on that you can get an ok job if you know how to program even if you didnt go to uni. i dont wanna work backbreaking retail for the rest of my life.
>>
>>34651995
>just wanna learn it because job opportunities
dont gonna make it
give up
>>
>>34651730
I can give you a spooky story about the [potential] afterlife if you want, anon. I'm not him, though.

>consciousness as we know it is the overall interaction (exchange of energy) between cells
>this means that (a decent amount of) energy can create a consciousness
>matter is made up of energy
>does matter hold some sort of consciousness? much much simpler than ours of course, and no way to hold onto memories/emotions/label anything, but just an empty sort of flat consciousness
>this empty consciousness (that we will all experience after death) will just become part of the universe again
>we will end up becoming one universal collection of energy again
>who knows how the universe as a whole experiences 'consciousness' (i don't think it would be comparable to human consciousness) but since energy can make a mind, the universe must be experiencing something
>whatever this is would be 1000000x more intense and unimaginable than any DMT trip of course

Of course, this will fade out too at the heat death of the universe, assuming that's a thing. But if time isn't experienced in a linear fashion, which it kind of can't because time passes at different speeds, then you will never need to go to the end of the universe.

Like think of time as a line on a computer screen. Every frame, a dot moves one pixel across this line. Label this line 'time' and only let the dot see the pixel it's on, and it will assume time is moving forward, while we are sitting back here on the computer, seeing the entire line and watching the dot move. The line will never go anywhere, even though it is not infinitely big, so even though after a ton of time everything will eventually stop existing doesn't mean that it won't ever exist. You've just looked too far past the line. Quit assuming that time will flow forwards after you die. It won't, time is just a dimension and if you expand in any direction for too long you'll find nothing.

I got off track but really who fucking knows.
>>
>>34652004
figured as much original comment
>>
>>34652013
>does matter hold some sort of consciousness? much much simpler than ours of course, and no way to hold onto memories/emotions/label anything, but just an empty sort of flat consciousness
>this empty consciousness (that we will all experience after death) will just become part of the universe again
i actually had a dream along these lines once. i died by and became part of a void or nothingness. i instantly felt a sense of peace and infinite connection that was almost euphoric but so uniform in it's powerful intensity that it's hard to describe as emotion. it was just /being/ and it was unlike anything else i have ever experienced. i don't believe dreams are real and i believe consciousness ends after death but it's a nice, comforting thought that this is what death would be like.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.