[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /r9k/ overcome their fear of death yet? I know I have. Why

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: rosetta.jpg (77KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
rosetta.jpg
77KB, 480x320px
Has /r9k/ overcome their fear of death yet?

I know I have. Why fear death when we all share the same fate? It's comforting knowing that everyone dies eventually, and you aren't the only one.

tfw probably the only one
>>
I fear the afterlife. What if I am reborn as a sex slave?
>>
i dont fear death or the act of dying. i fear the pain that will happen.
>>
>>34647471
A fitting fate when half of r9k has used a prostitute
>>
>>34647539
The other half isnt old enough to use a prostitute
>>
>>34647524
But your brain will die and the pain will stop.
>>
I have not feared death for years. In a way I kind of welcome it, but I dare not kill myself for the sake of those around me.

End my suffering. Please.
>>
>>34647577
its the pain that leads up to the sweet silence of death. that is what frightens me.
>>
>>34647442
>It's comforting knowing that everyone dies eventually, and you aren't the only one.
How's that comforting for you? I don't see how does the fact that everyone dies makes you be less afraid of your own death. I can think on other reasons.
>>
>>34647631
Because everything living in this universe comes to an end. There is no reason to live a life of fear because of that. Otherwise you are a fool
>>
>>34647655
Fear depends on people beliefs.

For example, the common belief that people have souls, and there's some sort of afterlife for us humans. Many people who believe in the soul theory, find emotional shelter for the idea of dying, because they don't see the death of their bodies as the end, and believe that after they die there's good things for them...of course, they can't know that in life, and that uncertainty in their beliefs could also make them believe that there's not something good after they die, like hell.

Now, you can't tell me now that you don't have a soul. We could believe that we don't have them, but we can't prove it, at least not yet. Probably someday we will create a robot with qualia and free will. i don't know...but the fact that we can't prove it now, leaves a space for uncertainty, and that uncertainty in death is something you could be afraid off, or nervous. So i would never be so certain to say that you shouldn't be afraid of death.
>>
>>34647442
I'm not afraid of dying but I'm afraid of dying young.
>>
>>34648011

This t b h. Nothing worse than knowing you still have a lot of stuff you want to do, and having your plans cut short.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.