[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the downsides of suicide? Depending on the replies tonight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 13b.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13b.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
What are the downsides of suicide? Depending on the replies tonight might be the night.
>>
1. If you choose a stupid method you could survive and fuck your shit up

2. There is a chance that there is some kind of afterlife that will be worse

Other than that suicide seems like a great idea, I'm planning to roll the dice in a few years if my life doesn't improve
>>
>>34646006

Yeah, but if there's an afterlife, it would probably be there regardless of if we kill ourselves. I guess suicide is a sin and all, but it's not like we wouldn't go to hell anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (130KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
130KB, 800x757px
Eh, depends on your outlook on life op. I keep going on, telling myself before I go to sleep each night that the next day might change everything and it'll get better, and my life does mean something.

I can only hope it will, one day, and I hope the same for you
>>
What's keeping me from doing it is the friends and family that would be devastated if I did it. I can't do that to them (like 4 people, but still)
>>
>>34646301
Yeah but like Jesus might reincarnate you as a fraggle because he's mad that you killed yourself
>>
>>34645975
Mom and Dad will think it was there fault.

You will always be that guy who killed himself. That weak loser who couldnt fix his life cause he was so a fucking pussy.
>>
>>34646406
>he was so a fucking pussy

If you're going to insult someone, especially on r9k, at least be able to string together a fucking sentence you clueless twat
>>
you scar people who care about you
>>
>>34645975
I've tried to commit suicide and it was the biggest mistake I almost made in my life. The most important thing you need to understand about a suicidal ideation is when you think about killing yourself you're doing so because you're depressed and all of your thought processes and modes of reasoning are severely warped. It's like using a calculator that's giving you false results.

According to Cognitive-Behavioral Psychology our thoughts influence our actions and our actions influence our thoughts, so when we become depressed we need to do things to try to elevate our mood. If when depressed you don't do anything but think about how bad your life is you're creating a self-reinforcing cycle where you're making yourself more and more depressed. So conscientiously force yourself to think about something else and find something to do like watch a movie, browse the internet, play a video game or anything else. Since you're doing something you enjoy you'll also be elevating your mood in the process. Doing so is known as behavior activation, and it's difficult to do at first, but the more you do it the easier it gets.

If you don't have a girl friend or a social life find things that you can value aside from sex or doing things with friends. Try taking up a new hobby like programming, chess, playing a musical instrument, drawing, creative writing or anything else that requires skill which you can be proud of yourself for mastering.

Don't think in terms of "should" like "I should have a gf" or whatever and instead deal with the way things are, and find things you can value and accomplish instead of the things you can't. Think positive and be thankful for the things you have rather than feel bad about the things you don't.
>>
>>34645975
You'll miss out on first contact and/or the confirmation of the existence of extraterrestrials.
>>
>>34646406
PROTIP: Dead people don't care what the living think of them
>>
>>34646738
>The most important thing you need to understand about a suicidal ideation is when you think about killing yourself you're doing so because you're depressed and all of your thought processes and modes of reasoning are severely warped. It's like using a calculator that's giving you false results.

This sounds like a bunch of assumptions. People contemplate and commit suicide for a lot of reasons, I don't think all of them can be considered mistakes or due to a mental illness, or "broken calculator" to use your analogy.
>>
>>34646406
>>34646479

If his parents had cared, they probably would have done a better job of raising him so he wouldn't be contemplating suicide right now desu.
At least, that's how I feel about my parents. They could say "I love you" and all of this nonsense, but it's just empty words. Their actions speak louder than their words.
I'm not saying OP should kill himself, I don't encourage this, but the judgment of his parents shouldn't weigh on him.
>>
>>34645975

It probably hurt. Imagine if you are a vegetable the rest of your life, or have locked-in syndrome! You might end up spending 40 years in front of a hospital television playing shitty reruns all day. These reruns will be your universe.
>>
>>34645975
The biggest problem with suicide is that you'll release, right after you reach the point of no return, that it wasn't the solution. It is statistically guaranteed that the last few moments will be filled with regret.
>>
File: life.jpg (39KB, 599x555px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
39KB, 599x555px
>>34647031

That must be what's already happening to me. I want to change the channel.

>Or turn the TV off
>>
>>34647029

Also, I didn't mean to say that I'm contemplating suicide either. Just that I would not be so miserable about my circumstances in life had my parents actually cared, and put some thought and effort into how they raised me.
>>
>>34647004
Suicide is like programming a computer to randomly self-destruct and is therefore evidence of a malfunction or mental illness.
>>
>>34647065

Yeah but if you mess up (and many people do despite their best intentions) you could be facing 30 years of That 70's Show.
>>
>>34647077
>Suicide is like [metaphor for mental illness], therefore it is like mental illness

Not an argument
>>
>>34646301
>>34646006
>>34645975

One of my biggest fears is that there is no "after" life or heaven or hell or eternal slumber of nothingness, it's that you're just reborn as a different person or even a different thing like a cow or something and you have to do it all over again but this time your stats are worse and the difficulty is set to Legendary.

I couldn't imagine being reborn as a girl or an American. What a nightmare.
>>
File: alxe.jpg (609KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
alxe.jpg
609KB, 1200x800px
>>34645975
Can you donate me all your electronics ?
Like TV PC Mac cellphone credit card with the Code
Haha
You might be depressed but still have humor no ?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.