[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surely I'm not the only here one who feels superior to your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 1436614678807.png (263KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1436614678807.png
263KB, 600x660px
Surely I'm not the only here one who feels superior to your average person out there despite not accomplishing anything? Like I'm a complete failure according to "normal standards". I live in my parents basement and I have no realistic way out at this moment.

Despite that I can't help but feel, well actually I know I am, superior to most other people. I genuinely am intelligent, I'm social (despite being a diagnoses sperg) and just am more respectable morals wise,

I don't have any reason to feel this way, I have no arguments to prove this. Still I know it's completely true.

Surely I'm not the only one here who feels this way on this board? This board which is filled with self pitying actual losers who don't actually want to better themselves?
>>
this is literally the way I am now
>>
File: 1450218471991.png (72KB, 764x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1450218471991.png
72KB, 764x1025px
i actually do have some accomplishments on me, i have an engineering job with an undergrad and am going to go back for a grad degree, making me smarter than 99% of the population
but honestly since i got a job ive realized most of my accomplishments have been due to a natural inclination towards being told what to do and that im actually not talented, just good at following orders

in some ways being a khhv makes me "superior" to your average person because it is something significantly removed from normal human experience and it makes for a good empirical reason for why you can pretend you are special, even though it may mean nothing in reality

like "i wasnt destined to be happy" or "no woman could understand me"
you know, the last bastion of self deception before you have to admit you are actually just a coward

wrote too much, damn
>>
>>34645835
To be fair, I'm just really lazy. Nothing is really wrong with me.
>>
i non ironically believe that i have better critical thinking skills than most people. this is only reinforced much further by all the retarded things i see people say, be it on the internet or real life.

i do think that some of my cognitive abilities are further developed than most people's, but that is not the same as saying im smarter. some of my cognitive abilities are also underdeveloped, like my memory and how fast i think.

all in all, this means that i think i have a higher (intellectual) potential, and therefore, just overall potential over most people, but im also not very motivated to do things most of the time.

you could say im depressed, so i might as well be retarded.
>>
File: 1485552238378.gif (993KB, 924x507px) Image search: [Google]
1485552238378.gif
993KB, 924x507px
>>34646069
>this right here

I could easily succeed in life. I have great social skills and can bond with tons of people. My ancestry has granted me great genetics too, I'm incredibly healthy and in shape for my age [22 -- Germanic / Mediterranean].

However, I didn't entirely win the genetic lottery. I have a personality disorder which in turn makes me incapable of feeling remorse which combined with my spontaneous behavior makes me take a shitload of risks or come off as an stuck-up asshole to a few people. I'm also highly jealous of everyone that's better than me in some shape or form.

Aside from that, I'm simply lazy. I just don't give a shit unless I get something to gain from my actions, I never do something for the "greater good".
>>
>>34646246
I would agree with the first three lines of text. The last one about being depressed - I really don't recognize myself in it.

While sure, many "psychologist" (mental health care is a joke filled with roasties) have called me depressed, I really don't feel this way. Sometimes I feel sad and sometimes it makes me make bad decisions, but a lot of the time I feel OK. Occasionally I even feel great and even more superior than normal. It's just not enough to use as an excuse for me, personally.

I really don't blame myself for being unsuccessful, I fully blame society and it's stupid standards, values and other retarded aspects. While I have made mistakes, it's not comparable to the huge amount your average person has made. I AM a better person than them.

I don't think depression really exists, at least not in it's current accepted description and I certainly don't believe it's as frequent as most "normies" and robots want you to believe.
>>
>>34646380
>I don't think depression really exists, at least not in it's current accepted description and I certainly don't believe it's as frequent as most "normies" and robots want you to believe.
i see where youre coming from with this. its more of a coloquial type of "depressed", meaning i feel apathic towards life most of the time and im a sad person in general. maybe you identify with this.

>I really don't blame myself for being unsuccessful, I fully blame society and it's stupid standards, values and other retarded aspects. While I have made mistakes, it's not comparable to the huge amount your average person has made. I AM a better person than them.
in that case, you should be able to analyze the challenges imposed by society, play by their rules, and find something you can exploit to be "succesful". im not saying this to disagree with you, its an attempt at encouraging you to better yourself.
>>
bumping a thread
>>
>>34646679
>i see where youre coming from with this. its more of a coloquial type of "depressed", meaning i feel apathic towards life most of the time and im a sad person in general. maybe you identify with this.

I recognize this feeling. "Depression" however has become a buzzword for "I feel sad" in my opinion. I have a hard time taking it seriously anymore these days despite people saying they have it occasionally actually do have it.

>in that case, you should be able to analyze the challenges imposed by society, play by their rules, and find something you can exploit to be "succesful". im not saying this to disagree with you, its an attempt at encouraging you to better yourself.

I don't know. I've tried at times, but it's never made me happy or feel good. To be fair, I've never kept it up for a long time either so I can't really talk about it's usefulness either. I don't really get why the concept of "just act like someone else that would be accepted" is so attractive to many people. While I think I could do it (once again, never kept it up for long and I am an actual sperg so I might be deluding myself by overestimating my social skills) I do not really want to either. Giving up on conforming to these stupid standards in the last few years is actually what resolved the "mental problems" I had during my teenage years (could also simply be growing up, of course). While it did not make me friends and kept me lonely it did make most normal tasks like going outside of my house very easy. It also "enlightened" (I really don't like using this word here because of the context it's usually used in) me.
>>
>>34646906
well, if you see the path towards being succesful as society as one in which youd have to "sell out", so to speak, then thats pretty shitty. id never thought about it like that so i wouldnt know what to do in your situation. all i can offer you is the thought that maybe youre thinking inside the box.

you can be succesful in any number of ways. you can become a doctor, a lawyer, a csgo skin scammer, a seller on etsy, selling an idea, starting a youtube series, etc. the world is your oyster(xd).

would you like doing something like that, or does your unconformity with society go deeper than that?
>>
>>34647198
>succesful as society
i think i meant to type
>succesful in society*
>>
>>34646377
Good thread, this resonates with me quite a bit. Unfortunately, I don't see any escape from this nihilistic laziness. I've started to accept that I am just a selfish fuck. At least I can be comfy now.
>>
>>34647198
Being successful according to your average person would mean being happy, having a job that pays a decent living and having a social life. It would mean accepting the mindless interactions of your average person, the stupid values, the idiotic customs and the awful - non objective - opinions. So no, I don't think that merely having a well paying job would be a way to "success".

On the other hand, not taking on this mentality of glorifying small, meaningless things will mean you'll always be alone, not having any contacts making the way to financial accomplishment harder. But then, even when you achieve that nothing - most likely - will have changed. Still.. I have not achieved any of these situations, so making assumptions is just stupid and meaningless too. It's kind of hypocritical actually.
>>
>>34645835
Yes. I try and suppress that feeling though because the idea of ever becoming a narcissistic full of myself normie cunt frightens myself

Feigning self hatred is so much easier
>>
>>34647230

Don't you want to have kids? Do something with your life?
>>
>>34645835
Do you still feel this way even when seeing things like the Olympic games or musicians and artists and successful types and so forth? How is that possible? Even just seeing people wear clothes properly makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>34645835
I feel the same way. I'm a vegetarian and always focus on my social responsibility. I never feel anger and always take up the duty to be kind and helpful to everyone around me. The world is a hopeless mess and I try as hard as I can not to be part of the problem, but if there's such a place as Hell I know I won't end up there and many of these miserable so-callled Christians I share the planet with will. There's no hope for humanity and all us thinking people can do is our moral duty and try not to be damned with the rest of them.
>>
>>34647614
Those are not "your average person" though. So no, not as much. But I have to admit that even with successful people I tend to look at their flaws more than their positives, creating a (occasionally false, but also at times justified) sense of superiority. I'm just good at judging a person and seeing where they lack and where they excel.
>>
>>34647705
>vegetarian

Dropped

GTFO off this board vegangainz
>>
>>34647724
Being a vegetarian is easy and healthy. All thinking persons that consider themselves human should be vegetarian. Only animals are stupid enough to damn society and commit to the meat-eating illness that's destroying our planet and species for the sake of the arbitrary satisfaction of our arbitrarily-evolved tastebuds. Pity the human that's too weak, unknowledgable and helpless to take the necessary step of eating only sustainable plant and animal products and saving the future of humanity.
>>
>>34647847
>hahahah look at me I'm a faggot: the post
>>
>>34645835
Literally me. I feel fucking smart as fuck and have an IQ of over 130. I am social and do have friends, and still I'm struggling with my schoolwork.
>>
>>34645835
Most people are like that. That's why most people are cunts.
>>
>>34648147
>most people are like that!
>that's why most people are cunts!
>he says, explaining his superiority to most people

topkek senpai
>>
>>34648282
Never said I was any better. You certainly aren't, so being offended won't change that.
>>
>>34648400
>hahaha look at me I'm so much better than everyone, I never said that I'm better than most people therefore I'm better than most people because most people would SAY that they're better than most people

And yes I'm projecting
>>
>>34648448
Glad I don't get this triggered at random comments. It'd be a living hell
>>
>>34648513
I'm not even triggered

burden of proof falls on you to prove I'm triggered and you can't so I'm not

outwhipped
>>
>>34645835
Sounds like a case of feels over reals, anon.

>>34646020
Engineering doesn't make you smarter than 99% of the population. Most engineers are morons who are trained to follow instructions and don't actually do any tech related matters in their careers. I speak from experience.
>>
>>34648538
And wordy too. You're a basket case and a half.
>>
>>34648639
mad cause bad

you happy now that I speak in stupid term like u dummy
>>
>>34645835
Let me guess, you're impotent in real life and the application of any regular set of evaluations of self-efficacy result in chronic low self esteem, and the only conceptualization of worth under which you feel pretty good about yourself is some loose appeal to a heritage you apparently have claim to (just based off your pic and the sentiment), and to a notion of yourself as "smart" which allows you to revel in smugness over common people. Your smartness means nothing if you're not using it to change the world into something better, even in small steps towards a communal goal.
Yes the people on this board are pretty sad and they should want to better themselves, but you're not really doing so, just deluding yourself into a position of grandeur based on some bullshit you've read that you think is sophisticated. If you really were as great as you claim then it would be reasonable for you to point out precisely how it is so, as if we should instead just trust that you're free of sin.
>>
>>34647421
>Being successful according to your average person would mean being happy, having a job that pays a decent living and having a social life. It would mean accepting the mindless interactions of your average person, the stupid values, the idiotic customs and the awful - non objective - opinions. So no, I don't think that merely having a well paying job would be a way to "success".
well, i was defining success as being able to make money and be independent in this world.

i dont agree with your definition of success though. just do what makes you happy. why seek success if you dont want it?
>>
>>34647847
>Pity the human that's too weak, unknowledgable and helpless to take the necessary step of eating only sustainable plant and animal products
i am none of those things; i dont care. animals are beneath us in the chain so guess what? they get fucked

>and saving the future of humanity.
now thats just stupid and unfounded
>>
>>34647421
>Still.. I have not achieved any of these situations, so making assumptions is just stupid and meaningless too. It's kind of hypocritical actually.
right there with you. glad youre able to see the barriers youre limiting yourself with.

i already presented you with some example "professions" you could dedicate your time to that dont need you to be a socially succesful person.

you can do anything in the world. absolutely anything. dont limit yourself by the definition of success society imposes on us.

from my point of view, life is about becoming independent in the world and doing what you enjoy. if you find that in being a doctor, beautiful. if you find that in becoming a jewel thief, all the more power to you.
>>
>>34647847
Op this dude right here serves as a counterpoint to your notion. He's either a retard or a troll
>>34645835
>>
>>34649165
>if you're not using it to change the world for the better
>communal goal
The rest of the post is good but those two points are absolutely retarded
>>
File: Think.jpg (33KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
Think.jpg
33KB, 376x401px
>>34645835
OP btfo in one simple image
>>
>>34649495
The life around you is a reflection of your own character and how it interacts with everything else, if you want to be good you need to DO good too, and that means seeing using your abilities to improve everything and everyone around you, especially for people who are not in a position to do so.
>>
>>34649544
>nobody is smart, and if there are smart people they are not aware of it
>>
>>34649561
Ehh. Think I was going for more intelligent rather than "superior" as the thread said, my bad. "Better" is still subjective here though
>>
>>34646020
Dude, I know exactly what you mean

I'm now a software engineer and I don't even feel smart, in fact I feel even dumber now that I know more about some things. I feel like I only succeeded because I was scared to fail and because I literally spent all my time studying, had no friends, etc.
>>
>>34649574
Are you gonna disprove the image or just keep using meme arrows?
>>
>>34649544
Now make a shop of everyone thinking that picture and you'll get what people really think
>>
>>34646246
I think you're trash.
>>
>>34649617
disprove the image? why would i have to do so?

the image implies that most people believe themselves to be smarter than average, but that in reality most people think like that, and that in fact they are of average intellect. the image is funny and true.

your post + that image imply, however, that because most people believe themselves to be smart even though they are not, that the op MUST fall whithin this category and is actually average at best.

do you see how it is a logical fallacy or should i try to explain it differently?
>>
>>34649668
>Now make a shop of everyone thinking that picture and you'll get what people really think
really makes me think
>>
>>34649673
im still here btw if you want to actually argue or talk
>>
File: 848.jpg (331KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
848.jpg
331KB, 1200x800px
>I'm social (despite being a diagnoses sperg)

Google 'asperger's arrogance'.
You have a bad case of it.
>>
>>34645835
>I don't have any reason to feel this way, I have no arguments to prove this. Still I know it's completely true.

Have you ever considered that perhaps possibly maybe perhaps perchance it could potentially be the case that you might be mistaken in this belief?

?
>>
>>34649716
Do you have autism? Cause you speak like autism.
>OP describes himself
>Post a pic that fits OP's description
>extrapolate a bunch of shit I didn't say from literally two words
>>
>>34649985
>OP describes himself
>Post a pic that fits OP's description
he does fit the description. you know who would also fit the description? a smart but lazy person.

i want to make clear that im not op. im not saying hes smart, but to say hes stupid just because he says hes smart even though he doesnt have the accomplishemnts that say that he is, is a logical fallacy.

>extrapolate a bunch of shit I didn't say from literally two words
i didnt extrapolate "a bunch of shit". all i got from your message was what you were communicating; that the op is not actually a smart guy. ok, i did mention that you said that op is "actually average at best" even though you didnt say so. but as im sure you know, thats not the point, just a small addition and my argument still stands

pls dont be like "lol hes using arguments" or something akin to that. thats sad.
>>
File: zgl_disdain.jpg (118KB, 938x802px) Image search: [Google]
zgl_disdain.jpg
118KB, 938x802px
>>34645835
>>34646380
>>34646906
>I'm so intelligent and morally upright
>I blame society for my non-success
>My contrarianism puts me on another level than everybody else

Only an uninspired douchebag would use their smarts to talk down about other people.
Newslash kiddo, you're not some misunderstood savant suffering amidst the heathen normie...what a cliche.
>>
>>34645835
Well the way I see it people basically have 3 modes of thinking; Social, Emotional, and Deductive thinking. Take this guy, >>34646020, the 'worker drone', he's a Social/Deductive type.

'Normies' are Social/Emotional types, and their mode of thinking makes them trash at practicing day-to-day ethical hygeine. Conversely, if you are a Deductive dominant type, you probably have better ethical hygeine, because it's a rational thing to maintain over the long term. This is the reasoning every past civilization has employed by putting women under the moral authority of men.

BUT, if a man does not place his intellect below the authority of GOD, he is bound to be an aimless and egocentric person.
>>
>>34650342
man your post was a crazy ride. was that last line written by M Nig Shayelm? (lol XD thats a joooke!!! jaja!!:ppp)

no, but really, do you think man is inherently egocentric when without some kind of divine power keeping watch over him? i see theists make that argument often, but ive yet to see proof of it. from what ive seen, its nothing but speculation, and you actually have it backwards and the argument works against you.

man has been using god as the great justifier for every immoral act that he's wanted to do for millenia. the crusades, every religious terror attack, whatever trivial laws the bible (or whatever other religious texts) dictate, etc.
>>
File: 1465794128419.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1465794128419.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>34645835
>>34646020

this might be the most relatable thread ive ever seen on this board for me. i'm 27 yrs khv with part-time loser job and no money livin in parents' basement w/ nothing good in my life. i used to be a great athlete who could've played division 1 sports but i developed sort of an 'invisible' illness that forced me to quiet sports when i was 15. yrs later i realized this ruined my life along with how i became ugly by the time high school rolled around. between these two things happening freshmen year i lost all my friends (used to be cool and popular, all those guys remained that way), lost sports which meant everything to me, lost motivation in school and didn't care at all but still managed to pull b avg in high school and college, and i obv never had any romantic or sexual relations with girls cuz of the ugliness and the other stuff i mentioned happening. it took me a decade to start thinking about it all (25 yrs) and piecing together where it all went wrong and how. thing is, if the health probs and the bad consequences didn't happen then maybe id be ok and not feel the way you do bout feeling superior yet avg. i legit was an interesting kid and was cool. the health probs/ugliness death combo devastated me yet i still am wise, intelligent, and a good person. thing is, nobody cares and i'm a raging hermit/social outcast who has zero friends. been this way for 5-10 yrs now and i think bout suicide all day long. despite this, i feel superior to others tho not in an arrogant way. i just feel i see things they don't and understand life much more cuz of how good i used to have it and then how it all went wrong. i've been up down and all around in life. i got support for my view of myself actually from reddit cuz im one of the best ever contributors there and ppl love my postings which means they like my mind/inner self. if my family and people irl who used to know me knew about my reddit stuff and how funny, smart, witty i am theyd be shocked
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.