[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if one use fl studio piano roll to make all melodies and chords

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Cheetah EP Front.jpg (120KB, 1200x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Cheetah EP Front.jpg
120KB, 1200x1074px
if one use fl studio piano roll to make all melodies and chords and has an 808 and a 303 are they really "musicians" if they make beats? like they can't play piano or anything but make music by sequencing
>>
>>34644036
They're not musicians, but composers. They are different. Musicians play music. Composers make it.
>>
>>34644073
>>34644036

This.

Even the most retarded "bruh I make dubstep n trap beatzzzz" laptop-EDM bro still needs a minimum of understanding of music theory for it to not sound shit.

Someone like Deadmau5 who is one of the biggest electronic music producers is always acknowledging the fact that he's not a musician and he wishes he could play his melodies and rhythms out on a keyboard and drums instead of having to "draw" them.
>>
>>34644149
Midi sequencing is pretty cool and efficient though a little bit more like fine-tuned arithmetic type of composing
>>
>>34644224
Yup, and also having the know-how of using FL Studio or some other DAW as well as several plugins is fairly advanced.

It's much more visual and logic-based than someone who can just play a tune by ear.

Neither the musician or composer/producer are better or worse than the other, it's just two different approaches.
>>
>>34644073
To be totally autistic, they may or may not be composers.

Ask the average EDM laptop kid to write his song out on sheet music and he'll stare at you like you've asked him something in Latin.

But on the other hand, all those kids who do make their own music on a laptop and are successful also tend to wear different hats - they're almost always the producer AND the composer AND the audio engineer and everything else involved in making a song.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.