[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you former cutters had experiences with people noticing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: SelfHarmScar.jpg (336KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
SelfHarmScar.jpg
336KB, 1500x1100px
Have any of you former cutters had experiences with people noticing your scars?

I was a dipshit teenager a few years back, and fucked up my upper arm, chest and legs. Now, I'm extraordinarily self conscious about it.

How have people reacted to yours? What types of people have seen them? Has it ever put off a potential gf? etc.
>>
>>34643086

Only pussies cut them selves
Cutting is just low key attention whoring
Deep down you want someone to notice them but your too afraid to tell anyone.
>>
File: 0641 - nWdz40P.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
0641 - nWdz40P.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
>>34643086
>cashier i work with has cuts on his arm
>he has a kid and a gf
>i have no cuts and am a KHHV

people that have cuts on their arm are just little pussies crying for attention and couldn't hand the hormones of being a teenager. now if he had some huge fucking scar running down the length of his arm or something i'd feel a bit more sympathy for him.
>>
>cut my arm
>still have fresh cuts
>"uh anon, do you have cats?"
>"yeah... i do. "
>>
>>34643086
I have some scars on my forearms. I have never been asked about them, but I notice they become more distant when they see them.
>>
>>34643143
i dont like cutters either, but shut the fuck up and re read the op.
>>
>>34643160
Honestly, I was bullied alot as a teenager and was a women repellent before I finished puberty. You live in a developed nation while others are struggling to feed themselves it's just stupid
>>
>>34643143

Anon, I did it on my legs, chest and eventually after running out of proper room, my upper arm.

I never dressed out in gym class, never undressed in front of people, slept with clothes on etc. Plus, even though I always wore a jacket and jeans, nobody would have been able to notice them if I were for some reason in a t-shirt and shorts.
>>
>>34643269

Couldn't you just cut in the same place?
>>
>>34643372

For some reason, the thought didn't occur to me at the time.
>>
I work as a vet tech so i have a few scars on my forearms from dogs and cats scratching.
no one's mentioned them yet but i've seen some people staring
>>
>>34643269
>Anon, I did it on my legs, chest and eventually after running out of proper room, my upper arm.
>I never dressed out in gym class, never undressed in front of people, slept with clothes on etc. Plus, even though I always wore a jacket and jeans, nobody would have been able to notice them if I were for some reason in a t-shirt and shorts.
Why did you tell us then.
>>
>>34643817
>How have people reacted to yours? What types of people have seen them? Has it ever put off a potential gf? etc.

how about you read the op, swine
>>
>>34643086
I have reverse issue, I never cut because I'm not a faggot but I was being a retard when I was a kid a got a metal cable wrapped tight around my arm while hanging from the roof of the house. It left pretty noticeable scars and I always have people asking if I cut.
>>
File: cut_gal.png (2MB, 754x1004px) Image search: [Google]
cut_gal.png
2MB, 754x1004px
I rejected girls when I saw they have those scars. It literally means they have severe psychological problems. Honest signal. So yeah
>>
>>34643817

Because I'm curious as to what the reaction would be from, say, a hypothetical girlfriend should she see them. Plus, I know there are former cutters on this board, so it seemed like a good place to ask.

Why didn't you read the OP and connect the dots?
>>
File: 1485892531892.jpg (254KB, 928x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485892531892.jpg
254KB, 928x960px
>>34643993
> not wanting a qt depressed gf to give emotional support to so she literally cannot live without you

get out normie
>>
Scar removal creams help, if you don't want anyone to see that shit try it. It takes a few months to see any difference but it's worth it.
>>
>>34644733

I've considered doing that, it would probably help the ones on my legs.

This was years ago, so they're faded now. (Slightly lighter than the rest of my skin). My biggest concern is the ones that are 'raised.'

Allegedly, there's a homemade corrosive material made using over-the-counter materials that can erode those raised scars and make them look like normal scars, but I'd rather consult with a doctor before trying that.
>>
>>34643086
I have a thing for guys with self harm scars desu
>>
>>34643086
Attention whore prime example. That is all i will say.
>>
I have some from months ago. Will they ever go away?
>>
>>34645309
Depends on how deep they are and where they're located
>>
>>34645432
Forearm. They're quite faint now but they have been the same way for months.
>>
>>34644491
No thanks, dont want a psycho gf. you can have all the psycho girls dude, knock yourself out.
>>
File: 1469876937991.png (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469876937991.png
156KB, 500x500px
>>34643086
>be me
>260 fat boyo
>dropped to 190
>have some stretch marks on my arms and belly
>whathefuckever.iso
>taking krav maga classes to boost my self confidence
>the guy I'm practicing with throws me down
>t-shirt came halfway off
>looks at all the "cuts" I have on my belly for a solid 4 seconds before I realise
>come next day
>everyone's being colder than usual
>giving me weird looks
>thinks I cut myself when they're just stretch marks
>dropped that class the next day

Even though it's nowhere near as bad as you guys have it, people still put me in the same boat if they see my naked torso. Fortunetly you gotta look pretty far down my biceps to see the ones on my arm.
>>
>>34645512
Some of the scars I have on my forearm are from over a year ago. Some of them faded completely while others only a little. There's some from less than a month back but they're already starting to go away.
>>
File: Resized for that one thread.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Resized for that one thread.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34643086
Nobody cares so long as I take care of them.
(I think) I dunno I don't interact with many people.

I have however been rejected romantically for them a few times now.
>>
>>34645585
Not even desperate for attention lonely depressed girls want
>>
>>34643086
If you're that concerned about them just get them lasered.
>>
>>34645175
be my gf
i have tons of them because i was a very sad person
>>
I dated a girl with scars once (didn't notice until awhile into it). She said it was a long time ago and she stopped. I told her if she ever did it while we were dating we were done. She cut again like six months later so I was like ok you're crazy bye
>>
>>34645870
wanna play tic tac toe?
>>
>>34643143
>Cutting is just low key attention whoring

this
>>
I have a scar on my left arm and I tell people i got it by hopping a fence and slipping and cutting my arm on the end of the chain link

They're not stupid they know I cut myself there
>>
>>34643269
>slept with clothes on

Is it normal to sleep without clothes?
>>
>>34644491
And then when you finally bring them out of their slump they'll thank you by going after a Chad because now she has self esteem and doesn't want to settle for a robot just yet
>>
>>34643086
Though I tested it out once and did not put too much effort into hiding them, I could still play them off as scratches from my dog. Once I finished conducting my test, I reached a conclusion: Cutting your skin does jack shit except to briefly keep your mind off emotional turmoil. So instead, I excercise now, even though I just do not feel anything anymore.
>>
>>34643086
>tfw too scared to cut myself

if you are confident enough to harm yourself you're not a true robot
>>
I healed mine in samadhi with a candle flame. My mother never said anything about them until they disappeared and she thought she was losing her mind.
>>
I always cut on my upper thighs or stomach so nobody would ever see the scars or cuts. I fortunately do not scar thickly or darkly. They are not visible in indoor lighting, but they light up like a Christmas tree in sunlight. I don't go swimming. People don't see my scars so nobody says anything. It's not something I want people to see. I have a couple bad ones even though I don't easily scar. I accidentally cut down to the fat.

People who are cutting, keep that shit clean. Clean it at least twice a day. Throw out your supplies if you are feeling down, don't keep that shit in the house. Leave the house if you need to. It won't always work, but please, protect yourselves.

Funny enough I have scars on my right wrist/forearm that people sometimes ask about, but those were actually not from cutting. Those were from when I was a little kid playing outside all the time around brier brush thickets and barb wire.
>>
>>34647536
I can't feel it if I'm at that point. I'm usually a huge pussy about pain. If I'm at that point, I am unable to feel physical pain.

Feel it several hours later when I shower though. That hurts like hell.
>>
I used to do them on my chest, abdomen, and upper arms (high enough to be covered up by sleeves)

It's honestly very strange. You do do it for attention, but feel shameful when they are caught and you give an excuse. It didn't do anything but make me feel like a retard in the long run.

Most people buy my excuses because they are self-absorbed and really don't give a shit either way

My best friend called me a retard and told me that he would beat my ass if I did it again

My brother informed me that he also did it and we commiserated over the fact. Haven't done it since

Only ever told one girlfriend, she tried to demonstrate that she cared so she told me to come to her everytime I felt like doing it. I think she honestly just wanted me to become addicted to her.

I never did it en masse like in OP pic. Only ever one or two at a time
>>
>>34643143
Not true. While I do hate that a lot of people do it just for attention, I do it for the release. I'm bipolar and have a lot of control and anxiety issues and cutting myself gives me a safe confined way to have complete control over an aspect of my life. I feel very disassociated from reality because I'm just so extremely overwhelmed with outside stimuli and my emotions; everything feels like a dream. When I give myself that physical pain, I'm grounded and my mind feels calm. It's not about the attention, it's about the endorphins and adrenaline
>>
>>34647750
For many cutters both is true to some degree. They want people to notice so someone will help them and the immune response is akin to taking drugs
>>
>>34643086
Question. Is it true that people who are cutters also usually have a spanking fetish?
>>
>>34647815
>>34647750
I do it when I'm in a psychotic state.
>>
>>34647536
this, fucking normies walking with their scars in the open
>b-but I cut myself because muh anxiety
FUCK OFF REEEEEEEE
>>
>>34647830
To do the spanking or be spanked?

If the former; yes, if the latter; no
>>
Why do you cut yourselves? Do you hate yourselves or does it give you some kind of pleasure?
>>
>>34647815
Very true, it is definitely a cry for help in pretty much all cases.

>Akin to taking drugs
That's for sure
>>
>>34647857
It's a lot of both
>>
>>34647849
That doesn't make any sense

If you cut yourself it's because you need a release through pain and spanking is just that except not nearly as damaging

You're a freak
>>
>>34644491
you think that you want this but you have no idea what you're getting into, real life isn't your animes faggot.
>>
>>34647906
This so much
Had a gf like this for awhile and it's the most stressful thing ever and you can never leave
>>
>>34647750
>it's about the endorphins and adrenaline
Can't you just eat chocolate or go to gym? Or do some sky diving?
>>
File: image.png (339KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
339KB, 670x503px
>>34643086
I did it where nobody could see, like upper arm where a short sleeve shirt covers it and on my hip where my panties can cover it.

I was drunk when I went on the cutting rage, but it's been 2.5 years so they're almost gone. At least I was fairly smart
>>
People can cut to express anger. Difference is it is violence toward oneself instead of violence directed toward others.

I often would cut during psychosis to express extreme anger because I saw anger as wrong. Blood is violence. The other would be self-punishment, I would cut as a way to forgive myself for otherwise unforgivable flaws since blood is shed to forgive sins. I'm just being honest so you understand the mindset.

People can cut for anger and self punishment without any psychosis being present.

People with disassociation may cut as proof that their bodies are real since the pain serves as an anchor between the body and the brain.

There are others who cut because it generate relief by releasing chemicals in the brain. This is your cutting for relief. Distraction from emotional pain.

There are some who cut for "attention". This sounds bad, but its common among people who feel that words are not enough, or perhaps they feel people aren't taking them seriously. It's very much about emotional pain as well. They want people to see it in the hope that someone will listen to them.

There's many different reasons.
>>
>>34647963
>Implying I don't eat massive amounts of chocolate
>>
>>34647857
it's both

do it right and it's almost as good as a mild opiate high plus it scratches that self hatred itch
>>
>>34648031
>People can cut for anger and self punishment without any psychosis being present.

I never wanted to punish myself of anything. I do not think that I have unforgivable flaws, even if I haven't had friends for ages and normies keep telling me that it is because I have a bad character.
>>
>>34648156
woman detected

not just any woman though

an

ORIGINAL

WOMAN
>>
>>34643143
They're mentally ill. Not pussies. Learn the difference.
>>
>>34643086
Shouldve did it where people cant see numbnuts. The thigh is a much better place for cutting anyways
>>
>>34648190
I could never cut myself. I do not want to harm myself any more than the world around me is already doing. I want to love myself instead. But I guess people are different.
>>
>>34648222

Many self cutters are women. They should eat some chocolate or go to do some shopping instead of ruining their bodies.
>>
>>34648322
I'd rather them cut than eat chocolate. Fat women are disgusting.
>>
>>34648322
I feel bad for self cutting women because it really just means they need a good spanking and a good dicking to get them in shape

Really most problems in women's lives are because they aren't getting good, regular dickings
>>
>>34647963
Ugh skydiving is so much work and so expensive.

You'd spend less effort finding an illegal source of straight adrenaline, and even if you're getting scammed it will still be cheaper, christ.
>>
>>34648322
>ruining their bodies
is it weird that i think >>34643993 is kinda hot?
>>
>>34648193
I was just trying to cover all the bases. Only you can say why you do. Those are just the reasons people might cut. I don't expect everyone to cut because of disassociation either. That's silly for people to say that's why you specifically do it.
>>
>>34648222
I can say that I am not an lady
>>
>>34648347
No it is not weird, not in this place. And there's all kinds of fetishes existing. Some people even want to marry trucks or houses.
>>
File: 1402532818567.jpg (17KB, 171x233px) Image search: [Google]
1402532818567.jpg
17KB, 171x233px
>>34648476
>you will never be as happy as that guy that fucks his car
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.