[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw there are LITERALLY no jobs that don't look like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1467525987438.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467525987438.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>tfw there are LITERALLY no jobs that don't look like torture whether you get a degree or not
>>
>>34641915
if there was a nice comfy job out there dont you think everyone would be lining up for it? too much competition
>>
truck driving is comfy
>just you and the road
>sit down all day
>listen to whatever you want
ultimate robot job
>>
>>34642002
Literally imprisoned on the road. Not comfy at all.
>>34641936
How do people convince themselves to go through the torture?
>>
>>34641915
If there is God - I wonder what he's trying to tell me?
Was able to get a comfy remote job while not having a degree for it.
The only problem now is when I had to come in for paperwork that can't be done remotely.
I plan these events monts before to lose weight, eat healthy for a bit to not look like I've been rotting away at home alone like I actually did.
>>
>>34642088
>How do people convince themselves to go through the torture?
They kill the boy inside them to make way for the man
>>
File: Christmas Pepe.gif (861KB, 320x185px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Pepe.gif
861KB, 320x185px
>>34641936
There are nice comfy jobs out there, but it's usually stuff that most people wouldn't be good at. I'm personally planning on becoming an Actuary, which from what I've read about it sounds like a very comfy job, and it's pretty easy if you're good at math.
>>
Do you have to die? Is that the only way? Of you don't mentally prepare for the worst are you not always vulnerable to it? Sometimes it boggles my mind that people can fly planes even though I long for death.

Would a lack of work make you too soft? You have to work to live, to a degree. You have to feed yourself and keep yourself warm. Such is life. I also wonder if I'll get bored of this "freedom." will I want productivity or proficiency in a skill or hobby.
>>
Why does it bother us so much now? Is it because we were unaware growing up? As a kid we were carefree but until being a teenager we still had school. Then we got more homework. Then some of us did sports or others got jobs and got a taste for adult life. Now you work almost half your time and some of you go to school so you can work more and soon you might have no time. Do you die? If all you do is work how are you distinguishable from an automaton?
>>
>>34643702
Why live if it is mostly work? You aren't doing anything. Sure you might be benefiting someone else or pushing more boxes, but rarely anything really for oneself. What if you don't work? You aren't doing anything? Why live if you don't work? You don't add or contribute anything? Is it finding a work that doesn't completely disinterest you?

Is the work life jarring because we were taken care of as kids, rather than fending for ourselves and realising how time consuming and laborious beating the elements can be? Think of it like an extrapolation of a farmer, if he doesn't plant he starves. Plain and simple. Jobs now are a more abstract version of that? It is so because now that most of us don't work the land but fend for ourselves by having marketable skills?
>>
File: Me+irl_a14a31_6111893.jpg (180KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
Me+irl_a14a31_6111893.jpg
180KB, 750x711px
What are your thoughts anons?
How do you deal with it?
>>
>>34641915
>I get up any time I want and write code for 8 hours then get 130k a year after bonuses
>Prison
>>
>>34643664

there's pretty much nobody who doesn't like doing stuff which has a productive end of some sort, if for nothing else than self esteem. it feels good to set a goal and then meet it, that's universal.

thing is, there's a big difference between how much we have to work to feed ourselves and how much we would work if work was never necessary to live. i mean, i'm sure trust fund kiddies do something with their lives, they just do it on their own terms and probably for fewer total hours per week.

there's also probably significant diversion between what people want to work on and what, for the most part, we end up working on. i think few people truly love their work.
>>
>>34643986
That difference is true. I do think we work too much, however we have to be prepared to live that life. If you can't enjoy your work I can't really think of any way to deal with that aside from trying to retire asap or engrossing yourself in hobbies when you get done or have something to look forward to.
>>
Where all my NEETs at?
You know who you be
>>
>>34644719
What's up my n****
>>
>>34644853
I'm unironically making tendies right now. Gonna get some sweet baby rays and enjoy a YouTube video
>>
>>34641915
its because we are in the beginning of humanity.
in the future, there will be more choices, and some of them will probably be ok. like employee on a spaceship.
>>
Well we can't all work for ourselves, we need teamwork to accomplish anything of worth. Maybe not anything of worth, but it makes sense for two or 100 heads to be better than one.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.