[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Tiny Homes the truest of habital dwellings for robots? >small

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: tiny house.jpg (1MB, 1580x1058px) Image search: [Google]
tiny house.jpg
1MB, 1580x1058px
Are Tiny Homes the truest of habital dwellings for robots?
>small (enough room for just you and ""maybe"" someone else)
>easily movable so you can escape encroaching normies
>cheap (even a thrifty wagecuck can easily afford and maintain one)
>Comfy and easy to clean

Why haven't you moved in to a Tiny Home yet? I am seriously considering building one myself and moving it to a comfy campground in the woods with good WiFi.
>>
Theyre somewhat great. My own personal goal is having a full-fledge house not just a small one, preferably built myself and having a farm on the grounds too.

Work and buy land, anons.
>>
>>34641388

how do i get one? Im 26 and dont want to live with my mom anymore
>>
>>34641471
There are alot of people who build these now apparently. So you could just buy one which they are usually fairly cheap. But if you are thrifty and know what you are doing it is more economical to build your own. There are lots of plans available online so you wouldn't even have to pay an architect.
>>
It is just a hipster camper. Just get a regular camper instead.
>>
>>34641388
tiny homes are hipster bullshit. way more expensive than they should be. just live in an apartment and save yourself money
>>
Tiny Homes are a meme. They're basically the same as studio apartments, only no-one likes those. If you can afford to own land, you might as well build a regular-sized house.
>>
You know how bad I'd have that place smelling after a month?
>>
>>34641755
>living next to normies or anyone else for that matter

The Unabomber had the right idea
>>
File: 1484528491494.gif (437KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484528491494.gif
437KB, 420x420px
I think I'd rather do a refurbished shipping container home. Super cheap and I can add onto it any time I feel like it. A shipping container only costs like $2000. A couple thousand extra bucks for drywall, electrical and a generator and it'd be comfy af
>>
File: home6.jpg (117KB, 960x278px) Image search: [Google]
home6.jpg
117KB, 960x278px
What are mobile homes like in the US? I know there's the trailer trash stigma but surely they're not that bad and great for robots? They seem affordable, plenty of space for individuals, aren't attached and spaced well apart so no noisy neighbour problems and you have a yard for a Doggo.
>>
>>34641388
>Live in a wal mart parking lot
I can see robots doing this.
>>
>>34642168
It depends on where they are located. You have nice trailer parks that are usually older people that don't pay you no mind and have nice well kept communities. Then you have trashy areas with poor rednecks and niggers that are hives of crime and drugs and have the occasional trailer burnt down by some retard trying to cook meth.
>>
>>34642168
They're the fast food of homes. For a similar price you could get a small ranch house or something, but people buy these prefab pieces of trash because they're cheaper in the moment. As someone who's seen alot of these I've never seen one that wasn't garbage.
>>
Just live in a trailer and decorate it yourself, you'll end up spending a quarter of the price.
>>
>>34642006
Plus you could easily move that anywhere if you want to move someplace else long-term
>>
>>34642168
Unfortunately the stigma is there because 90%+ of trailer dwellers fulfill the stereotype.

Like Housing Projects in NYC, trailers have great potential for comfortable cheap living... if only their inhabitants weren't such nosy, boisterous, violent, gang-affiliated, and drug-addicted retards with automatic weapons and 2nd grade (7yrs old) reading levels.
>>
>Mobile homes /rvs are illegal where I live

Just bought an enclosed trailer to convert into a 'stealth' mobile tiny home while I finish up school
>>
>>34641388
>tfw too tall for a tiny home.
>>
>>34643332
Poverty tends to be generational and nearly inescapable, the people aren't that bad
>>
Saw this in a thread a few weeks ago. It looks comfy as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPVCTLPNUzo&t=465s
>>
>>34641388
I'd personally like to buy a few acres of land and have a small/medium sized house+basement built somewhere on it. Don't plan on going to places like Cali where even the rents are completely insane and I do not want a family, not like I could get one if I wanted anyway. So hopefully one day anon.
>>
>>34643944
This isn't practical or long term most of the time

>Never found a storage with water or electricity
>Never found a place where the managers weren't there 90% of the time
>>
>>34642168
I was just looking at prices for these, some are about less than 1 to around 5 years of apartment rent in cost + lot fees and stuff.
I been kicking around the idea between an apartment and mobile. The high end ones it almost seems more worth while to just get a house somewhere even if it's a fixer upper.
Looking up prices on mobiles the other day really improved my mood finding some ones that look obtainable in my price range
>>
>>34641388

>all I want is a 10 acre parcel of land somewhere cheap, but rural
>somewhere that will stay rural and will never see large scale urbanization
>purchase a barn or have a metal structure fabricated
>preferably 1000 square feet
>basic electrical work, insulation, and other tiny stuff is easy
>use a water cistern/water barrels instead of plumbing
>basic gaming rig set up
>be able to do shooting everyday
>chill out in nature all day
>do some farming and make a nice ass garden

Sounds like the good life my dude. Question is how much will it cost to get internet out on my land.
>>
>>34644104
I seriously hope to God or whatever deity is potentially out there that Alaska can have some good prices for that kind of thing because that'd literally be a complete dream come true for me.
>>
>>34641388
Holy shit this looks comfy. Are ther downsides to this? Where are you allowed to put them?
>>
>>34644221
I assume most Caravan/RV parks would allow them or if you have a piece of property on your own.
>>
>>34643896
Poverty is not inescapable. Lack of self-discipline and lack of education are the root causes. Any poor person who is taught to be disciplined can become well-educated, which in turn will lead the way out of poverty.

That aside, I have nothing against poor people. I have a problem with boisterous, aggressive, and violent poor people who astonishingly take pride in resolving the slightest of disagreements with fists or weapons instead of words.
>>
>>34644316
Poor people go to poor schools and receive poor education, have unreliable transportation, live in more dangerous neighborhoods, take out loans which in turn causes more debt, etc

The lower someone is socially the harder it is to climb out, it has nothing to do with lacking self discipline
>>
>>34644174

I'd suggest Montana or Wyoming. Alaska can get a bit nasty in the early spring. It's just wet, humid, and generally nasty. If you REALLY like winter, then do it. Check out Zillow or any other site that does land/property listings to scope out potential areas. But it would be really sick to use all the extra money from work to buy a nice used F150 and a new VEPR AK.
>>
>>34644316
>I have a problem with boisterous, aggressive, and violent poor people who astonishingly take pride in resolving the slightest of disagreements with fists or weapons instead of words.
aka You are some smug bastard that felt you were superior to some poor idiot then he kicked your fucking ass.
>>
>>34644409
Not when books and tests are standardized, which they are in many states. We're all getting the same textbooks, or textbooks approved by the Board of Ed. In "ghetto" public schools, kids usually don't even need to pay for their textbooks or school lunch, while suburban middle class kids do.

As for transport, nearly all of these kids in urban areas get free or state-subsidized public transport.

And it's their fault for making the neighborhoods dangerous in the first place. They glamorize, idolize, and want to emulate NWA, Dipset, Rockefella Records, and anything else that flaunts gang culture. All the "cool kids" at my school wore their F's like a badge of honor when report cards came around.
>>
>>34644470
>if you REALLY like winter then do it
Well as a matter of fact I do indeed love the winter and I also love F150's. The only potential problem environment wise is humidity but as long as it's not like I'm breathing through a sponge I'm fine, benefit of living in Southwestern Pennsylvania is that you already get a lot of that stuff here. And like I said earlier, not planning on having a family so there's already a ton of savings in that regard.
>>
>>34644545
You're a fucking moron. I'm 100% legal Latino who grew up in that ghetto community and messed up in my school because I made dumb decisions. My mom's beatings set me straight, and I turned a new page when I started valuing education more, while all my old "friends" got stuck on minimum wage jobs or drug dealing after high school. So fuck off. And yes, I voted Trump.
>>
I would love one of these but I'd still like it to be closer to modern amenities like grocery stores and shopping centres.
>>
I lived a few years in a camper and it's really the way to go. I'm saving up about 60k for a small 600sqft cottage. I already have land but in no rush to build since I already have a warm bed. I want top of the line everything. Lots of copper and fancy woods, a projector, a caliking mattress, and a bad ass bathroom. I'm into homebrew so it will be nice to finally have a little more room for that.

It shouldn't take more the 4wks or so, I plan to bribe family with free beer/wine to help with the pain in the ass part like foundation, roof, and electrical. The rest I can do myself a couple hours each day.
>>
They are illegal in my town. My town banned tiny homes.
>>
>>34643896
> Poverty tends to be generational and nearly inescapable

That is a bullshit meme. In the US, people that were born into poverty that believe they are poor because they are victims stay poor. They spend their money or drugs. alcohol, cigarettes, lottery tickets, etc. while acting as if wealthy people get their money by stealing from the poor. People that are born into poverty and believe that they were poor because their parents were lazy and / or self-destructive usually have little problems getting out of poverty. If you are poor in the US, you are either lazy, self-destructive, handicapped (sympathy to these people), don't attempt to better yourself, or are under 30 (it is easy to be a poorfag when you are 23). In the US, poverty is almost always a mental disease.
>>
>>34644104

You can get satellite based internet service, but there are low datacaps and very high latencies.

The best thing to do is build or buy a tower that is tall enough to see (with fresnel clearance) a tower in an area where you can get suitable internet service. You buy service at the location of the tower and install a point to point radio shot between the two towers. You have to pay a monthly rental tee at the tower, but you should be able to find someone that is renting space to multiple cell phone vendors that will let you tag along for cheap.
>>
>>34642006
only problem is if you get something like this approved so that you're by law allowed to live in it. sounds insane I know, but I guess in cuckmany the police would ban it and your local town council which is by law responsible for you (even if you don't in fact live anywhere near the town itself) would decide whether you'd be allowed to. fuck this gay earth
>>
>>34643944
seems cool but doesn't he have to worry about carbon dioxide accumulation in such a tiny space where there's no ventilation inside or directly outside
>>
>>34642006
supposedly shipping container homes cost about the same amount as normal homes, from my limited research. although, the people using them were building huge mansions so idk.
>>
>>34642472
This. You obviously want the latter, and it can be nice because they are spacious and cheap as FUCK compared to a real house.
>>
how would you actually get internet?
>>
File: 1279408179101.jpg (57KB, 365x295px) Image search: [Google]
1279408179101.jpg
57KB, 365x295px
>it's not a trailer/mobile home, it's a tiny house!
>>
>>34644786
>dumb "Latino" who was beaten by his mom
of course you voted drumpf, trash
>>
>>34641388
No, it's normalfag shite for midlife crisis faggots.
>>
>>34641471
Step 1: Have money and a steady income.

Step 2: Buy land
>>
>>34644316
>Poverty is not inescapable. Lack of self-discipline and lack of education are the root causes.

ayy lmao
It's not the 50s anymore. Globalists and big banks own pretty much everything now and poverty is normalized/standard at this point. The population is already getting used to ever-decreasing living standards and this tiny-house bullshit is just the beginning of it.
>>
Tiny homes are a great concept, but in reality they often cost much more per square foot than a normal small house. Like you can get 1,000 square feet of house in the midwest for $50-80k sometimes and these tiny houses are like $30-40k plus the cost of land
>>
>>34642168
The land fees are whats killer. The area around here have nice trailer communities and they go for as cheap as 30K for super nice and spacious ones, however, you wind up paying an extra 900 a month.
>>
>>34641388
>not vandwelling
>>
>>34645619
im not this guy but i had a thought before reading the posts that you might be able to build a shipping container home underground
>>
>>34646734
You can't put shipping containers underground unfortunately. They are only structurally enforced vertically and the walls will cave in from any outside pressure, like dirt
>>
>>34643944
FUCK off tripfag
>>34644728 perfect utopia you say? Well the Facts say otherwise.
>>
>>34644777

Then fucking do it, my dude. I am sure that land is cheap in Alaska because it is buttfuck nowhere depending upon where you are. The humid season is usually only in early spring. But the summer is nice from what I hear. Lots of nature reserves too if you like camping/hiking.
>>
>>34646630
Poverty is totally escapable. It fucking sucks but you can do it with crazy amounts of discipline. For example, I spend 40 bucks a month on food. I don't eat nice but I eat enough to increase in weight (I got malnourished earlier before I got my system down, went from 195 to 155 at 6'5"). Life isn't pleasant but I'm on track to be out of debt, ready to get back to my engineering degree, living in my own, and having a fully functional car in a year and a half. Bootstraps isn't only a meme quite yet, it's just really hard in the current economy and requires lots of planning/forethought/problem solving in advance. Sorry for the blog post, I know it's anecdotal, but I don't think I'm an outlier in data.
>>
>>34646998
>ywn have a comfy fuehrer bunker
>>
>>34647232
You're goddamn right I'm gonna do it. I've been reading up on living in Alaska and it literally sounds like the perfect place for me. Plus I'd love to see its mountains and wilderness first hand. I'm working a lot now (went trades so I don't really have any debt which added to my rather spartan lifestyle means I have quite a bit saved) and when I get enough saved I'm booking it straight to there. Pennsylvania isn't too bad but my goal is Alaska. Shits gonna be great and I swear to god someone is getting piledriven if the future fucks that up somehow, and the world would have to be completely nuked for me to lose that resolve.
>>
>>34646651

You can get even more square footage if you buy a parking lot if you care about square footage exclusively. I'm happy to pay two, even three times as much per square foot for something five or six times higher quality. I can only be in one room at a time, so I want nice things. I can't afford a 2000sqft nice house, and I don't want a 2000sqfh mcmansion.

Tiny homes are a niche product for people who have/want a particularly lifestyle and don't mind paying a premium for it. If you want to save money you can buy an older house on an acre of land for $30k. I thought it'd be fun to play fixer upper, but if I wouldn't love a woman covered in another man's cum I doubt I could love a house covered in another man's everything. $40k is pretty damn cheap for premium materials and already built though. I'd pay that much to build myself, or add $20k and pay a contractor to come in and half ass it and fuck a lot of things up that I could then pay to repair in 5 years.
>>
>>34645619
>living in cuckmany
found your problem
>>
>>34648009
yeah that was sort of implied by my verbiage
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>have been phoneposting since phones got cool
>phone posting right now
>sitting in front of computer
>like 12 tabs open
>not using it

What the fuck is wrong with me? Why can't I just make myself lean forward?
>>
>>34644316
>>Any poor person who is taught to be disciplined can become well-educated, which in turn will lead the way out of poverty.

There's the rub. They aren't instilled with those values. They're instilled with the values of their family, friends, and neighbors who all are likely to be poor as well. Because schools are funded with property taxes poor people don't get sent to high performing schools so their chances of being exposed to those values there is low.

Sadly the dice are stacked against them in even more insidious ways than just that. Poor people growing up in slums are much more likely to be exposed to toxic chemicals that will stunt their cognitive development before they've even reached the age of reason. They're more likely to be born with drugs in their bodies. They're more likely to be victims of neglect and abuse. They're more likely to grow up malnourished.

It's also true that intelligence is both highly correlated with wealth and a heritable trait.

Poverty isn't inescapable, but we shouldn't pretend that all one has to do is work hard and make good choices. The problems go beyond that.
>>
>>34648720
>that all one has to do is work hard and make good choices
That's literally how you stay out of poverty.
>>
>>34649121
Assuming you have some level of innate ability. Which, if you read anything other than half a sentence of what I wrote, I'm saying that not everyone does.
>>
>>34641388

I bought land last year and construction will be starting this spring. If I didn't have the money to build a house from the get-go, what I would have done is built a large garage/workshop with an apartment over the top. It would be like apartment living but with no shitty neighbors and room for all sorts of toys in the downstairs garage.

And this way, once you have the money to construct the house you would retain the garage and apartment and could even rent it out for more income.
>>
>>34644963

>600 square foot cottage

Have you even checked local zoning laws? Most places in the US, and I'm saying like 98% anymore, require at least 1000 livable square footage to issue a certificate of occupancy.
>>
>>34649151
Everyone in a first world country has a chance, even if it's a little. Source? Me.

I grew up on a farm in Montana my whole childhood. I went to school, a very poor one, and took in all information I could get. Why would I do so If I could have a lifetime job taking over the family farm? I was sick of shoveling dung all day of my life.

I figured out early on that shoveling shit was not what I wanted to do. I decided that I would put any extra time I had into learning. I would stay up late at night studying the usual topics in school (No books, all written on paper). My father wasn't very supportive of me, and my mother got sick at an early age and passed away. The only person that did support me was my school teacher.

By the time I hit 18 I hitchhiked to wherever I could go. I found myself in Oregon at the end of my trip. I worked my ass off in shit jobs for a couple years until I had saved up enough money to start going to college (community of course). I worked my ass in school, and soon found myself getting educational from various local business. Which, payed for the rest of my time in university until I got my degree.

I'm in the middle class now, and put more effort than you have in your whole life. Coming out of poverty into a decent wage.

Don't spue this "b-but they don't have t-he opportunity's" bullshit. Everyone in a first world country has the opportunity, but most just play the victim complex because they're lazy.
>>
>>34641471
Buy a cheap $2000 F150, Ram1500. Whatever truck you like.

Replace transmission $3000, rebuild engine, $1000. Buy a hitch trailer with wheels, $2500.
Buy lots of wood and tools. Around $16,000.

Done.
>>
>>34649645
Your post gets at the point I'm trying to make. You say you "put more effort than [I] have in [my] entire life." Probably true. I've worked hard but certainly not exceptionally so. Not nearly as hard as what you've described Yet I'm 24 and have a six figure salary before bonus. The deck was stacked in my favor. That's all I'm saying. We don't live in anything like the perfect meritocracy that a lot of people like to pretend we do. If you worked as hard as I have you'd probably still be on your family's farm.

I said in my first post that poverty isn't inescapable. Your story proves that that is true. But I really strongly disagree with you about the "victim complex" thing. Some people really are faced with extreme obstacles that others don't face. If those people realize that and feel aggrieved, well maybe that isn't productive, but nor is it factually wrong. I try not to resent those people for their circumstances.

And yes, some people really are just born too stupid to pull of what you've pulled off.
>>
>>34650144
We don't live in a meritocracy, but current society has enough overlap with meritocrical (?) values that escape from poverty is possible a subset of impoverished people if they have the determination. I have a similar story to the other guy. The hardest I ever worked was 90 hour weeks at three jobs for 7 months. It got me my car and my apartment. Now I'm cutting back on work and any remaining luxuries so that I can work less and my money will last longer.
>>
>>34650204
>escape from poverty is possible a subset of impoverished people if they have the determination.

a cold comfort for the other subsets i'm sure
>>
>>34650204
Agreed, there are still meritocratic elements to our social structure. Sadly the data show that these are weakening. Its harder and harder for people to move across the social strata. A person is much more likely to die in the same income quartile that they were born into than they used to be.

Keep up your hard work. Best of luck to you.
>>
>no internet or shitty sattelite internet
>robot friendly
no
>>
>>34650240
Sentimentality can be a luxury that you have to sacrifice along the way. I need to worry about my own success before I can start feeling bad for others. If I'm able to pull me self out of the hole, then I can help even more out. But I'm still in the hole, and if I have to step on some fingers climbing out of the hole, it's not a high priority.
>>
File: 1481519965368.jpg (157KB, 959x777px) Image search: [Google]
1481519965368.jpg
157KB, 959x777px
>can get a comfy old trailer in my home town for like 12k
no rent cucking or mortgage cucking I don't need to live beyond my means get fuck schlomo
>>
>>34650956
Do it, Anon. I would do the same but unfortunately my country (UK) has an obsession with brick and mortar home ownership. Trailer parks aren't a common thing and some are restricted to retirement/holiday home only. Instead I must get a mortgage for some shitty brick terrace house with a leaky roof, mildew ridden walls and no where to park the car for the low, low price of 150,000 British shekels.

Housing crash when.
>>
>>34642320
>go to walmart
>no rv parking
Being homeless is in the gray area of illegal. Stop these threads. It'd be too stressful for a robot.
>>
>>34644037
>find a manager that's cool with breaking the law
>bring batteries
>bring water (durr)
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.