[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does everyone have an existential crisis? Or is it just a select

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: pe pe.jpg (384KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pe pe.jpg
384KB, 1000x1000px
Does everyone have an existential crisis? Or is it just a select few autists that get to experience it?
>>
Supposedly everyone
Why do you think "normalfriends" try to get intoxicated as often as possible, whether on drugs, socialization, sex, you name it?
>>
>>34638326
because they're normalfags trying to fit in?
>>
>Does everyone have an existential crisis?

Yes. L i t e r a l l y everyone.

The concept has been a staple of human stories and culture for millennia. You're not special.
>>
> muh existential crisis

Literally only rich white people with zero problems in their lives have this.
>>
>>34638354
And why do you think they're trying to fit in? Because they don't want to be alone with the void and their own thoughts
They're running from something so they seek shelter in the warmth of others
>>
In my experience 90% of people facing an "existential crisis" are 19 year olds who have suddenly realized upon exposure to the real world that they don't, in fact, know everything like they thought they did.
>>
>>34638387
t. r9k

origami
>>
>>34638354
>fit in
it's cool for you?
if anything, you're the one who's trying to fit in
>>
>>34638360
This

The idea of an existential crisis driving devout action and introspection in a man has been paramount in humanity since prehistory.

The fact that you would even entertain the idea that it's only a select few "autists" that experience such a thing shows just how limited your knowledge and understanding of humans, or anything really, is.
>>
>>34638463
what?

Why are you projecting this hard lmao
>>
>>34638297
Everyone at some point in their lives gets existential crisis. Length of time varies.
>>
>>34638477
wow you figured me out based on a few sentences thanks for your input
>>
>>34638509
>wow you figured me out

I never claimed to?

I'm only making assumptions.

But if you genuinely believe that you're somehow unique or part of a select few to experience a crisis like that, then you clearly haven't exposed yourself to any real range of literature or human thought, otherwise you would know that it's ludicrously common (almost to the point of cliche, and in modern times, satirification)

Try making your OP post a few thousand years ago and might get a more genuine answer.
>>
>>34638618
>I'm only making assumptions.

dont do that

You'll only look as retarded as you assume I am
>>
I think everything that has conscious has thought at least a bit about how absurd it is to truly be human and alive, as well as how pointless it all really is to be here. However, most people manage to distract themselves with work, friends, family, and sex. For the autistic neet who stays home alone all day, only surrounded with his thoughts, he is more likely to overthink existence and let it bother him.
>>
>>34638297
i have one every few weeks, it seems like

pretty wacky stuff, ohpee.
>>
>>34638488
By experiencing it you think you're something else because you view it as something cool therefore other people who get to experience it are just trying to fit in.
>>
>>34638646
Well some kind of elaboration or your position or refutation of what I'm saying would be nice.

When your OP post is so heavy in cliche that I genuinely can't tell if you're a satirical troll or an angsty teenager then I'd say some room for assumptions has been allowed.
>>
>>34638706
Wait what? Are you talking about the drugs or the crisis itself? I dont even think we're on the same page right now dude, I'm saying normies take drugs and sex to fit in. Never once did I mention that I take drugs nor did I say anything about an existential crisis being cool. You're literally just looking for shit to argue about in typical autist r9k fashion
>>
>>34638878
>I'm saying normies take drugs and sex to fit in.

And you're posting about being an autist in an existential crisis to fit in
>>
How old are you OP? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>34638913
kek

origami

>>34639031
im 27
>>
>>34638878
>fit in
>implying it's cool
>>
>>34639111
isnt that subjective? A person might take drugs in order to fit in regardless of whether or not they think its cool. According to your statement (YOU) think its cool to take drugs etc.

Why are you acting this retarded? Is it really worth it to argue over something that literally means nothing?
>>
>>34639031
>im 27
>all your posts

Did you get held back in high school or what?
>>
>>34639178
yeah i was held back for 4 years
>>
>>34639192
Well that explains a lot

But seriously, 4 years? How does that even happen?
>>
Sitting outside my therapists office right now to go talk to him about my existential crisis
>>
>>34638387

Someone's in denial.

originoe
>>
>>34639250
Idk

originally of course
>>
I don't think I ever had one. Is that bad?
>>
>>34639250
I'm 20, still have a year left in hs desu
>>
>>34639303
Apparently, at least according to all the fedorist above you, yes it is.

Your time will come though, im sure.
>>
yes

as hard as it is for you all to imagine, most people are living a life of pure misery, normies included.

if you are around people enough and pay attention to all the little things they do, you can tell what their problems are.

a very normal half asian slut I know very clearly has incredibly low self confidence and hates herself.

a chad coworker I know of doesnt believe he will make it anywhere in life beyond manual labor because he is insecure with his intelligence.

a charismatic hispanic man who goes to my college is mentally crippled from the death of his father.

you all here might not fit in very well, and that is likely your source of despair, but everyone around you is in a position not far from your own.
>>
>>34639173
I'm either too drugged out or we're really not on the same page
>>
>>34639447
we're not, at all, and thats okay.
>>
>>34639431
But the difference is that all those normies have someone to connect with. Someone who cares for them as well and there problems, and might help them feel something that isn't their problem. When you're alone all the time and it's all you know, you have no refuge.
>>
>existential crisis
>tfw smart but lazy
>25 years old or under
go ahead and pick 3, idiots. this is the autistic holy trinity meme youve fallen for
>>
>>34639514
they might think they have someone to connect with but most of the time they really dont.

a good relationship is very hard to find, most people date others for status and sex alone.

most people do not care for anyone but themselves.

you cannot find peace within another person.
no one ever has.
>>
>>34639537
What did he originally mean by this?

origami
>>
>>34639563
this is false

t. normie

you connect with people in different ways. good relationships are plentiful. and duh - peace comes from within yourself. nobody can give you peace if you are unaware of what peace is. how can another give you peace? you yourself can give you that, and only yourself.

??
>>
>>34639756
by this boards standards i am more or less a normie as well.

the point I was trying to make is that a good relationship does not help you find peace, and the people it is silly to think that normal people do not have existential problems.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.