[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply at grocery store >need a degree to stock fruit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: wtf.png (57KB, 1017x571px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
57KB, 1017x571px
>apply at grocery store
>need a degree to stock fruit and sweep floors
>>
college is just there to let people know you aren't a complete, drug addled fuck up.
the fine print and degree you got literally means nothing.

but this college over saturation is going to create a caste of subhumans out of the lower class.
it's almost as if they're telling people you shouldn't have any job unless you went to college.
>>
>>34632292
A two year college degree is the equivalent of a high school education.
>>
it's all bullshit, they just want to hire illegals
>>
>>34632333
College is so stupidly easy, I used to wonder how it's proof of anything. Any idiot can finish college, right? Then I got a job in the real world, where customers would stand anxiously next to displays for tens of minutes waiting for me to help them out because they can't fucking read. They're illiterate. Customers and coworkers alike surprise me daily with how amazingly stupid they are.
>>
>>34632395
Wow, the guy working in retail sure does think he's better than everyone else.
>>
>>34632292
>2 year college degree

What does this mean?
>>
>>34632438
what if everyone around him during his shift really is stupid and he isn't stupid? pretending this is out of the realm of possibility is also stupid.
>>
>>34632496
He also heavily implied that everyone who struggles with college is dumb.
>>
>>34632529
ah true.
>>
>>34632529
If you're studying something very technical and maths-heavy, or if you're at a very good school I understand struggling at college. If you're struggling with a bachelor's in soft science at a state school you are not a smart person. I'm sorry. You will not survive.
>>
>>34632292
>2 yr degree reqd. to stock shelves and clean
Like a degree really ensures a worker can perform basic labor....
>>
>>34632464

An associates degree or some sort of special program.

More like training than a more traditional college program.
>>
>>34632292
>need a degree for sweeping and cleaning shit from toilets
top kek! what the fug?
>>
>>34632858
its not so much things learned from a 2 year degree thats wanted
its that slackers,junkies the mentally retarded and other ne'er do wells typically don't make it past a 2 year degree so it filters out a lot of undesirable people all in one step.
>>
>>34632292
You don't actually need it
That's a loophole in the green card system they're trying to exploit

You make outrageously high demands and say no one in America will meet your expectations so you get a skilled foriegner to fill the position

That's why all entry level software jobs want a ridiculously high amount of knowledge, way more than anyone who would take that level of pay would know.
They tell the government that Americans aren't good enough and ship a pajeet from India who will work for slave wages
>>
>>34633843
I do agree there is a lot of hb1 abuse
however its illegal to use it to hire someone for an entry level position.
>>
>>34633843
as much as I dislike trump for being a loudmouth buffoon, I hope at least he stomps that out.
>>
>>34633931
Is trump going to do something to stop this shit?
>>
>>34634171
he said he would, we will just have to wait and see if he actually does.
>>
>>34632292
God I fucking hate the beaurocratic process, especially for something so personable as a sales associate job.

>smile
>greet
>engage
>sell
>thank

They want every fucking interaction with a customer to follow a script, it's so garbage and surreal.

brb gotta ask every customer for their email at the register too, even though people who shop here probably get asked every time and fucking hate it. Then corporate's like "Oh no, why are we not collecting our weekly-email-quota?!?" Maybe because there's a finite number of people who shop here and the number of people who want to or can give their email is going to exponentially decay as more customers have already given theirs????!?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.