[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be honest here. Are the Souls games the best video

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 20170203215630_1.jpg (475KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170203215630_1.jpg
475KB, 1920x1080px
Lets be honest here.
Are the Souls games the best video games ever made?
>>
>>34621213
They're some of the best action/adventure games out there.
>>
>>34621213
Some of them. The combat and level design are amazing. I wouldn't say they are the best video games ever, but >>34621280 had it right.
>>
>>34621213
Bloodborne imho is the greatest video game ever made and is considered a masterpiece for all artistic mediums.

Dark Souls series itself is currently the best video games being made. The formula of a cryptic world that you navigate in a true D&D style with the perfect difficulty is awesome. Perfect mix of mystery, art direction, fun, and customization.
>>
>>34621346
Talk about a faggot right here. DS3 was complete shit. Every single boss was a gimmicked piece of crap, and at some point you virtually needed to pump vitality. Total bullshit that the game forced you to pump stats. DS1 was great, but now the series has become an annual Call of Duty relate type franchise
>>
>>34621346
>not naming Silent Hill 2 as the best video game ever made
>>
>>34621465
>those clunky ass controls
>the best game ever made
>>
>>34621213
Yes theyre absolutely the best
>>
>>34621213
No, and for you to even suggest something means you have a severe case of autism.
>>
Sure if you like emotionless unresponsive clunky combat with uninterractive terrain that feels like skating across plastic and boss fights that are only hard becuase of trial en error phases.
Best game ever made, get real kids. Just becuase you heard online how "its the hardest game evuur!!" You think youre so hardcore and edgy for pretending to enjoy it.
Ontop of that, boring items. The differences between builds is basically; you wanna roll around and attack up close or you wanna roll away and attack from afar?
>>
>>34621415
It was the worst in the series but you are clearly shit at the game. Get good faggot.

Also the series is done they are not making more. So much for your 'annual CoD shit' arguement
>>
>>34621213
No it's obviously modded Skyrim, Prove me Wrong
>Protip: You can't
>>
>>34621280
Best game is Secret of Mana play it super comfy its SNES young buck
>>
There's really nothing unique about them. It's just that action based RPGs aren't made very often. What it does do well is refine RPG cliches to a fine T.
>>
>a discount diablo is the best video game ever made
Grow up you fucking children.
Grandstrategies masterrace here, EU4 and Distant Worlds take the cake
>>
Das1 is probably my favorite single player game, only beaten by mmos that had me for years
>>
>>34621213
Idk what it is, but I just can't get into Dark Souls 2 or 3. I played through 2, but I just can't bring myself to give a fuck about 3. Something about how the character feels as you control them seem to be a massive step down from Dark Souls and Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are fucking unbelievably good though.
>>
>>34621415
>Every single boss was a gimmicked piece of crap
Nah. Champ Gundyr, Twin Princes, Dancer, and Soul of Cinder are clear exceptions to this. A lot of bosses also manage to be good despite gimmicks, like Nameless King, Dragonslayer Armor, and Abyss Watchers.

>at some point you virtually needed to pump vitality
When this isn't necessary for progression it trivializes the game. Any Souls vet puts stats into vitality. You could also say this about BloodBorne.

I would tell you to go back to /v/ but this board is worse.
>>
File: 2016-01-30_00002.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30_00002.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
They're great games, and I enjoy them a lot, but I wish there was more to them than just combat and some vague (but interesting) lore that never really gets discussed.

To me, an RPG is about more than just fighting.
>>
>>34621213
>too much of a filthy casual to getgud at souls
I hate myself.
>>
>>34621686
the lore is pretty standard tolkienesque stuff
>>
>>34621213
It took everything 3d Zelda did right and upped it while changing a lot on top of that.

Dks1 is probably my favorite game ever because of how comfy it is.

I won't talk about how it's some work of art or some shit. It's just a great game to play when you're feeling down or you're feeling happy.
>>
>>34621537
>worst in series

Someone hasn't played DS2
>>
File: laugh.jpg (109KB, 730x880px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
109KB, 730x880px
>>34621346
>is considered a masterpiece for all artistic mediums.
>>
it's like playing a hack n slash game with bricks tied around your waist

also it's all dumb weeb shit hiding behind the facade of what a gook understands to be western fantasy medieval aesthetic
>>
I tend to think video games ought to be fun to play.
By that unusual standard, the Super Mario games are better games.
>>
File: 1463495772_rVXBi9BiIDU.jpg (215KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
1463495772_rVXBi9BiIDU.jpg
215KB, 1200x666px
>>34621560
Modded Skyrim is nothing like Souls, but it's a great walking simulator.

>>34621632
>Not naming the best man out there
>pic related
>>
Red dead redemption 9/10
Dark souls 9/10
Dark souls 2 8/10
Dark souls 3 7/10
Witcher 2 7.5/10
Witcher 3 8/10
Modern warfare 2 9/10

>>34621628
Completely agree. Dark souls 2 had a nice sense of exploration because it just kept on going, but dark souls 3 was not interesting at all for me. Everything felt inferior to dark souls 1, in size and quality.

Although Izalith / demon ruins was decent in dark 3, the smouldering lake was empty
>>
Best bosses:

> Dark souls one
Literally half of them

> Dark Souls 2
All the DLC bosses

> Dark Souls 3
Dancer, and she was an easy boss
>>
Best primary single player game but tremulous , cs, and. Wc3 are in another league.
>>
>>34621915
My problem with witcher is on the highest difficulty it is just boring and repetitive and it takes so long. Completely doable and easier than dark souls in a lot of ways but it just doesn't feel as epic. I thought bloodborne was good.
>>
Anyone enjoy dark souls 2? Im playing through it for the first time and I cant put my finger on whats so shitty about this game.
>>
>>34621213
>bosses punish low time investment normies who can't memorize patterns but are easily farmable for patricians who can spend time truly mastering a game
>you can become good at the game and invade normies and ruin their game experience with your unlimited free time as a neet

the games are great.
>>
Sorry bro, the award of best single player RPG trilogy goes to the Witcher.
>>
>>34622115
There's a ton of stuff wrong with the game. That being said, it's still fun in some ways. The DLCs were also fucking great.
>>
>>34621820
Open World>Linear
Learn fun
>>
>>34622198
>linear hand crafted polished game
vs
>open world copy pasted buggy repetitive game
Why the fuck would I ever choose the latter?
>>
>>34622198
An open world level design is always less good than a linear game
>>
>>34621577
Those games aren't even strategy. They're more like text based RPGs and spreadsheet simulators. Real strategy is shit like SoaSE or CoH
>>
>>34621213

>typical opinion of a casual redditor

yeah OP

what an epic opinion man i agree man
>>
>>34622182
Yeah it feels like it was definitely aimed towards a more casual audience than the first. And a few of the areas look likr complete shit. Underwelming boss fights too.
>>
>>34622198
Open world is a flat +fun modifier usually pasted onto subpar games. Linear games are a fun multiplier and can reach fun levels open world never will, but also has worse lows.
>>
>>34622082
I agree there is lot of grinding for nothing since ur items just get outclassed later
>>
File: 1448169204172.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1448169204172.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
>>34622219
>Modded Skyrim
>Mods
The game can be whatever you want
>>34622223
Sure if the game is 2D. Even then that's still very subjective and arguable.
>"Good" Design"
Endless Corridors with hidden shit everywhere

We get it you like Dark souls
>>
>>34622277
What do you people not understand by Mods? Is it like a foreign concept to you, or are you all just console Peasants
>>
>>34622307
>implying DaS1 is linear
>>
>>34622364
It sure did feel linear
>>
how shit will ringed city be?
>>
>>34622478
It will not fix the core problems of DS3 pvp and the lore will disappoint. Other than that, I'm expecting good things.
>>
>>34622133
>tfw normalshitters complained so much about invading that hackzaki made you fight 1 v 2 or 1 v 3

Fucking normalshits have to ruin everything.

Magic is still shit, after 3 fucking games. Fuck, how hard can it be to not make shitty magic.

The painting of ariandel was also kind of shit, really short and the only nice boss fight was Friede. They better make the ringed city longer and better and actually add some content.

I got more mad than I should've, I just see so much more potential and it makes me mad that this is the last game in the series.
>>
>>34621213
Best game? No, that's super metroid imo

Best game in a VERY long while? because we are older and not used to challenging games because we learned the mechanics and tactics to every game ever over the past 10 years growing up? Yes.

I love dark souls 2, like a fuck ton, but it's not my favorite even though I love seeing how much I can do in it
>>
>>34621346
>a masterpiece for all artist mediums

omg

are the gamers the most lowbrow, uncultured subgroup there is?
>>
>>34621577
Eu4 is trash and diablo is an unplayable dinosaur game nothing like darksouls
>>
>>34622522
>playing DS for pvp
>>
They are not arcade games.
So no. They're not.
>>
File: 1461708332000.jpg (28KB, 379x379px) Image search: [Google]
1461708332000.jpg
28KB, 379x379px
>>34621213
NOT UNTIL THEY FIX MY FUCKING AUTO SUMMONS.
>>
>>34621346
*tips*

Btw you misspelled Deus Ex
>>
>>34623932
Yes, they are.
>Why aren't my children's toys held on the same level as theatre, film and literature?
>*Plays his toy about violence and low-brow potty humour*
>"Bing bing! Wahoo! Let's a go!"
Video games have always been made for children. Just because you put guns and breasts in them doesn't change that?
>>
File: ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg (54KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg
54KB, 354x500px
pic related is better
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.