[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failed normies, what was it like being a normie? How did you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 1480943937790.jpg (35KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
1480943937790.jpg
35KB, 350x304px
Failed normies, what was it like being a normie? How did you fall to robothood? Would you go back if you could?

Greentexts accepted.
>>
Former accountant reporting in. I was negligent at some parts of my job due to depression. I got fired. Failed to take antidepressants for a long time, and had a series of further career embarrassments. My resume is a list of regrets. I am on antidepressants now. I am looking for work in manual labor.
>>
>>34610383
what exactly is it to be normal?
can I not just live how I want to?
>>
>>34610383
> had tons of friends from 2nd grade to 7th grade
> shit was nice
> had a few girlfriends but it was kiddie middleschool relationship bullshit
> still a virgin
> around 8th grade get depressed and distant
> by freshman year have about 4 people i talk to
> sophomore year i was such a loser that i just slept during classes
> junior year i actually went to a kegger, alcohol, drugs, the works.
> wasn't as fun as i thought it would be, come out thinking parties are overrated.
> drop out of highschool halfway through junior year
> currently neet with no drive or motivation in life
> waiting for natural selection to pick me off

i don't know, i just have no drive to do anything and the shit i did didn't feel rewarding.
>>
what are the differences between a failed normie and a robot?
>>
>>34610383
whats it like being a robot?
>>
>>34610406

Also, having a good salary is really nice. If you are single and do not have any expensive tastes or any desire to live extravagantly, you basically never have to worry about money. You just spend what you want, and it's always way less than you can afford.

But, a good salary comes with drug testing usually. And the business world has a stick up its ass about marijuana. I have never had a problem with others using it, myself. I tried marijuana a couple of years after losing my job while I was back in college retraining in computer science, since I didn't have a reason not to, and I think that I prefer marijuana to having a comfortable salary. I drank a lot of alcohol while I was an accountant. Marijuana doesn't fuck up your head nearly as much, it's more enjoyable, and it's much healthier long-term.
>>
It was pretty good. I had a modest circle of friends and acquaintances, intelligence and eloquence, a car, a promising career in pharmacy and have had multiple girlfriends with whom I have had sex.
Mental illness, specifically schizophrenia, manifested when I turned 19 and completely fucked my life
I manage (mostly) with a combination of antipsychotics, but I'm not normal and it fucking sucks.
>>
Literally don't know if I'm a robot, normie, failed normie, or cyborg.

>18 y/o KHV
>Make friends easily but never really good friends with anyone
>4/10, maybe 5/10 and 5'8"
>Mild anxiety, mainly when it comes to approaching people
>Try not to talk unless what I say will make people laugh, particularly in large groups
>Spill spaghetti sometimes, but much less than I used to.
>>
>>34610406
damn how do you support yourself now? Do you wish to return to normiedom?
>>
File: pe9.jpg (857KB, 1982x2643px) Image search: [Google]
pe9.jpg
857KB, 1982x2643px
>>34610383
> I was so close to having it all until the grave
> really had a lot going for me and a path to success
> I hooked up a lot in highschool had sex with 10 girls before 18. at least a 1000 times with one of them
> first week in college I hooked up with 6 girls, then locked down a beautiful blond virgin in the honors college (No BS beautiful innocent virgin)
> good university, straight A's through business school
> qt gf - cute, short blonde -phenomenal ass
> Full academic scholarship to law school
> top 10% first year in law school
> Lookin at 6 figures by 25 working as a lawyer.

Blew it all to hell drinking

> 2 dui's and a drunk and disorderly later and I lost or destroyed just about everything
> qtgf left me after 7 years
> ran my grades into the ground and barely graduated law school after 2 medical withdrawals
> passed bar exam first time, but am still not licensed lawyer bc of criminal record
> have not had a drivers license for 5 yrs

Pretty much flushed it all for booze. Missed my shot at being a high paid, hot shot attorney in my 20s with a great and fulfilling social life.

Good news is, I did graduate law school, pass the bar, and am sober now. It will take longer than I would like, but I will get my drivers license and law license back. I still know how to be good with people, but all the embarrassment has caused my confidence to go to shit and I have crawled into a shell.

Praying and working that my 30s will be infinitely better than my 20s.

21 straight A's through business school and Hot q2 gf - short blonde with a great ass
> Then lawschool on full academic Scholarship Qt waiting for me to get married to start life together.
>
>>
File: hwl.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hwl.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>34611046
why did you start drinking
>>
I've always been a robot at heart; I was always into video games, terrible with girls, shirt, awkward, etc.

It wasn't until 10th grade when I started becoming more of a normies. I got into the emo/scene kid phase, made a MySpace, talked to a couple of girls here and there, got some nudes and girls to get naked for me on stickam.

I started hanging out with the kids in the scene irl and made a bunch of friends there, but since I was short and kinda ugly, it was a little tougher than it was on the Internet. I was,however, able to hook up with a couple of girls (cute and ugly), and finally able to lose my virginity.

Things started to taper off for me once I discovered 4chan in 2010, I stayed home more, became more bitter towards women, used the word faggot much too often, but it was fun.

The coup de grace was after I broke up with my long term gf 2 years ago, ever since then I've dropped out of school and become much worse mentally, but slightly better physically
>>
>>34611140
Woops short* and awkward
>>
I think it's a misconception that failed normies are actually robots
Failed normies are still normies and will always have the chance to return to being a normie
If you are actually a robot then there is really no escape from it

t. failed normie
>>
>>34611126
Started social drinking around 15.

It never seemed like a problem until it was. I am a legit alcoholic so it has been pretty insidious. Sober almost 4 months
>>
>>34611268
No way, I fucking hate normies with a passion and I'm glad I didn't turn into one.

At the same time I'm glad I was able to experience some things that most robots probably won't, but I'd much rather stay a cyborg/failed normie than become a full blown normie dipshit.
>>
I don't understand what this means. I get called a failed normie but I've never been a normie.

when r9k spergs use the term they mean somebody who tries at life but fails, whereas a true robot revels in his hikki NEET permanent incel situation
>>
File: kiss anita.png (428KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
kiss anita.png
428KB, 600x585px
>>34610383
Former failed normie, now reformed cyborg who passes for norman.
Re-entered college 3 or 4 years ago now in uni studying STEM, I aim to get a PHD eventually.
I accepted the fact that I am 'different' and my social life would be shit if I didn't have housemates. I still spend hours everyday on 4chan.
>>
>>34611332
I didn't mean to insinuate that all failed normies desire to return to normiedom but rather that they have the ability to do so.
I also wouldn't characterise normies and cyborgs as the same thing.
>>
>>34611410
The difference between a cyborg and a robot is that a cyborg can LARP as a normie see >>34611361
Robots are 100% fucked and if they do become normie they will be low tier.
>>
>>34610406
I am living with my elderly parents at the moment. I will be a normie again more or less this year. I will write amazing video games, and release one in a few years. For now, I will probably cut up dead cows at the local giant meat factory. The same company is building another facility, and are hiring a bunch of people. It's cold, brutal work, but at least it's very sanitary.

I would much rather handle meat all day than clean up other people's shit, which I have also done. I have done this both in the housekeeping sense, and in the "peri care" nurse's aide sense. Once you've had to routinely wipe another man's ass, all other jobs don't seem so bad in comparison.
>>
>>34611039
Reply was meant for this anon. Just gotta keep makin' them mistakes.
>>
>>34610383
>had tons of friends from 2nd grade to 7th grade
>shit was nice
>playing runescape and war and i would always win/be ahead
>had a few girlfriends but it was kiddie middleschool relationship bullshit
>still a virgin
>around 8th grade discovered anime
>went full naruto nerd and alienated most, if not all of my friends
>my best friend didnt want to hang out with me anymore because i was now seen as a nerd
>i didnt care/notice this because anime gave me autism and a weird idea of what friends should act like
>highschool comes around
>i no longer watch anime that much, but retain the autism
>no longer understand how normal relationships work, resulting in no friends/bullying
>also do not drink/smoke, which makes it worse
>in the end just gave up and hang out with the nerdy kids
>went to uni, class with only girl. some that seem to like me.
>fuck it up by being a complete autist
>''hi anon, i like anime too *otaku highfive*''
>ignore her and walk away
>next day no one really talks to me anymore
>skip most classes, still get decent grades
>stop caring and drop out
>go study IT and get put in a class with only males
>still there, just studying and being an autist.

daily reminder that anime will fuck up your life.
>>
>>34611486
Low-tier normie is still normie. Normies are fine. Since normality is defined by what traits are held by the majority of people, literally most people cannot avoid being normies by definition. It seems unfair to me to despise people for something that is mathematically impossible to avoid.
>>
>>34611586
There are true normies and then there are cyborgs who have to put extra effort in just to appear normie. Cyborgs are the real heroes.
>>
>>34610383
>me
>17yo
>/fit/, have gf, main and only Number 8 backrow in rugby team
>excellent grades, carry flag at school events
>not many friends tho, always had robot profile
>interested in computers, games and programming
>finish highschool, got offers to try at the sub20 national rugby team
>turn them down
>"I'd love to, but I'm going to pursuit an engineer career."
>have to move to city A, living in grandma house until I find a nice play to rent with dad's money
>get into uni easily
>because of classes, can't keep playing rugby in a new team
>lose my gains
>bored in grandma's house with shitty PC, don't know what to do at night
>"Now that I remember, I always wanted to see Shaman King"
>start watching anime online, normie-tier at first
>discover ecchi genre
>drown myself in shit-tier animu
>find a small house to rent, move alone
>more animu, a bit of loneliness
cont.
>>
>>34611486
If a robot became a normie then they weren't a robot just a failed normie. Many of these failed normies will mistakenly believe they are robots
Cyborgs and normies/failed normies don't intersect. Cyborgs are a special kind of robot that has learnt to mimic normies and can pass off as one
A cyborg can't however, become a normie. A cyborg will always have to work at appearing normie and it will never become fluid like it is for normies
Really both normies and robots have two states
A normie is either a normie or a failed normie and may switch between the two over their life
The robots will always be robots but some will learn to appear normie and thus graduate to cyborg
>>
>>34611684
So your saying I used to be a robot?
Because I am a cyborg now and day to day interaction still takes planning for me.
>>
File: 0m0m0m.jpg (37KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
0m0m0m.jpg
37KB, 601x601px
>>34611619
I can be a cyborg normie in VERY small doses, like an hour at most. After that I'm pretty fucked and slowly descending into autistic behaviour. All through high school I used to get the comment in my report card that "Anon cries too easily". Like fuck, I can't help it the tears come by themselves.
>>
>>34611720
That depends really. If you were ever able to interact fluidly and without effort (i.e. a normie) then you are a failed normie
Or yes you were a robot and you are now upgrading your firmware with normie protocols
I hope it's the latter and it brings you some happiness
>>
>>34611668
>still, finish first year with a huge new group of friends from uni and all but one class aced
>second year, I still can't pass this subject's final exam
>got a PC, begin to dwell more into games and forums
>personality's changing, ditching some friends that now annoy me, stick to others that are still interesting or chill but, ofc, less normie or with some robotic hobbies or traits
>ditching classes from time to time cos I don't feel like going out
>still trying to pass that one exam
>finally I run out of chances, have to retake the whole class again
>get depressed
>dad gets aggressive
>lie to him, tell him I passed
>move to a new house with 3 dudes
>they're really normie, I don't mind but they seem to dislike that I like to spend much time alone or playing games with internet friends
>ditching more classes, don't retake the class
>dad begins to make questions again
>lie
>he finds out
>get shit on
>still get one more chance
>flatmates subtly decide to kick me out when the 2-year rent contract ends
>actually for better
>a good friend of mine wants to move too, uni bro
>we find a nice 1-room apartment
>5 years since I got into uni I still couldn't get myself to retake that one class
>dad is super pissed
>need to choose between becoming a prisoner at home, having to take buses to uni and back everyday with him checking on every move I do, or leave for good
>value my freedom above anything else, pack my stuff, I leave
>go back to my apartment in city A
>uni bro says he'll pay the rent and some expenses until I get a job
>find a quick IT job at a local Army school
>pay bro what I owed him
>build a good PC to game and be autistic more
>3 years later still living together

I'm more of a cyborg than a full robot to be fair, I have a bunch of good friends, a job where I'm somewhat respected, and now my relationship with my parents is a lot better. However I never got /fit/ again, and didn't get another girl since I dumped mine before leaving for uni tho.
>>
>>34610463
Awful. Also fuck this board with this originale shit. Also fuck this board for being infested with normies.
>>
>>34611046
>a fallen chad
Ayy lmao. The difference between you and the rest of this board is (or maybe 30% who are actually robots) that you got to live a decade or so as a chad,not a normie but chad thundercock. Fuck you desu.
>>
>>34611619
>Cyborgs are the real heroes
Cyborgs are normies who delude themselves into thinking being a robot is something good. You are like upper middle class being jealous of favela kids becouse they get to strugle and their life is "real".
>>
>>34611948
Nah, im the not the dude you're responding to but you're wrong. It's more like aladdin making a wish on genie. He looks the part but inside he's not what he says he is.
>>
>>34611974
>I get girls, friends and success but inside I am crawling in my skin
Yeah sure. I really can't see what you get out of pretending to be robots.
>>
I'm 33 and I've spend most of my life straddling the line between robot and normie. Like if I start drifting too far towards being a robot, I manage to pull my shit together for just long enough that I don't become a hopeless case. But when I have my shit together for an extended period of time, I get totally overwhelmed by my commitments and sabotage myself to get people's expectations of me back down.
>>
>>34610448
I've had the same exact life as you but I got a lot of motivation back when I had to work in a job where I had to interact with people, also knowing that even if you give up on yourself some people still hasn't helps a lot.
Got a GED and I have a job that I'm actually good at which is nice.
>>
File: pnVT18e.1.jpg (72KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
pnVT18e.1.jpg
72KB, 960x725px
>>34610423
No... We are eternally judged.
>>
>>34611755
This, I'm such a sensitive little bitch, like if someone calls me ugly il just cut them out of my life
>>
>>34610383
>normies are having a party in the apartment next door
fuck them really, fuck them.
>>
>>34610460
A robot never had a chance, failed normies are failed because they had a chance and ruined it.
>>
>>34611684
This..

Ravioli, I was laughing the entire way through
>>
>elementary school 6th grade
>used to hang out with nerdy kids
>meet cool Mexican kid and we hang out more
>try to balance out being his friend and friends with the nerds
>cool kids ditch me for still being with nerds
>be middle school
>finally have friends again in 8th grade
>be overly annoying and an asshole and lose them all in the process
>remain loner throughout high school spending my weekends playing vidya
>loner in college
If I could go back to 2006 as a 6th grader again that'd be great
>>
>>34610383
Oldfag here, turning 34 this year.

> What was it like being a normie?
I peaked in high school, it was great. Had lots of friends, was playing in a band, was the class clown, had a qt fit soccer gf and some orbiter girls as well.

> How did you fall to robothood?
After high school ended I went to a low-tier state university, majored in a useless liberal arts degree, then the real world crushed me. I got a wagecuck job, gf cheated on me, quit and became a NEET for a year. Started a business, it failed, became a NEET for another 6 months. Started travelling pointlessly, ended up getting another wagecuck job that I'm in now. Never got laid again after that college gf.

>Would you go back if you could?
A million times, yes. I'm slowly pulling myself out of this hell, I've been lifting, saving money, and I'm looking to buy a rental property and fix it up myself. I have no idea how to talk to women or get a gf now, but one thing at a time I guess.
>>
>>34611948
>normies
>knowing /r9k/
top kek
>>
>>34613012
>peaked in highschool
bullyfag detected.
You deserve it all faggot.
t.cyborg who was crippled through years of bullying.
>>
>>34613032
Sorry to heart that happened to you. I assure you I never once bullied a single person.
>>
File: 13241641364664.jpg (65KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
13241641364664.jpg
65KB, 800x531px
>>34610383
I wasnt a normie by nature. I was a good looking kid until I was 20. Always got attention from girls without even trying. Im was also an amazing drummer and Lead guitarist (still am), so friends just came naturally.
I was the spergiest mother fucker, but girls though it was cute, and my peers just thought I was too cool not to be weird and not talk much.
But not everyone was fooled. I remember one friends parents thought I was mentally retarded. I brushed that off as much as I could until one day a freshman girl I boned a few times, and didnt want to fuck with anymore, called me out infront of everyone how HER family met me and thought I was retarded.

Im not gonna lie though. It was cool dude. In high school,There would rarely go a day where my dick wasnt in a freshman girls mouth and or pussy. All the stoner/metal head girls had me in them at some point or another. There were guys that DESPISED me for it, and there were guys who would worship me for it.

I ended up hooking up with a 10/10, and we fell in love. We graduated high school together, did the whole homecoming and Prom thing. We got jobs, and moved in together. We became adults together.

And that was the problem. In the real world, you cant get away with being an autist. You get chewed up and spit out. I couldnt keep a job, I didnt finish college bc it "was too hard". and to top it all off, I started gaining weight.

She left me when I was 22. Im 29 now, i live with my parents jobless, and Im literally 150 lbs over weight and been have alone since then.

Fuck yeah Id go back if I could. Id Kill for it. Im tired of fucking my 30 fleshlights! And I hate cleaning them!
>>
>>34610383

I always had groups of friends of people who were socially popular in school, but I was also always pretty weird and very shy. It's been a game of teetering on the edge until I just lost control. I think I was fortunate to be sheltered in private schools where people are a bit more accepting and everyone's a little weirder anyway. Some highlights that led me to robotdom.

>Lifelong: Parents who care about me and spend a lot of money but don't discipline or guide me. I never did any chores, clubs, after school programs, camps, anything. My interests are thus cultivated through toys, video games, and whatever is popular with my friends at the time leaving me with a lack of independent skills or deep, diverse interests. This was both a blessing and a curse, it made for a nice childhood, but really hurt me in the long run.

>6-7th grade: Puberty hits strong and I don't like it. I lie to my friends that I don't like girls yet and try to actively shun their attention and hope the feelings go away.

>High school: Great student but I was a social recluse for first 2 years hanging out with only a few nerd friends. Then get group of normie friends for rest of the time. Still a weirdo though and it comes out in full force talking to women.

>Senior year: In desperation, ask a freshman as a senior to start dating me, she was 14, I was 18. Remember, there were only 100 kids in my entire high school. We didn't get physical much, she dumped me after 2 months anticipating my leave for college. I would never pursue a girl again after this.

>College: Went to large public college. I was unable to handle the independence and responsibility of running my own life. I had no idea how to meet new people here. I isolated myself, fell into a deep depression, almost never left my room or bed. I ended up failing out of school.

>Post-dropout: Become NEET for 3 years. Do nothing but play video games and browse internet aside from short lived attempts to turn things around.
>>
File: rough.jpg (58KB, 614x389px) Image search: [Google]
rough.jpg
58KB, 614x389px
>>34610383

>Be me aged 16
>Had a lot of friends in high school
>Went to a lot of parties
>Well liked by those even at different High Schools
>Came exams
>Fail most of them after doing well last year
>All friends got straight As
>Had to spend my final year avoiding most social events because I hated myself for allowing my need to be liked to affect my work ethic/future
>As I spent more time alone I ended becoming a lot more socially inept to the point I couldn't talk to the people who use to love talking to me
>Managed to get into Meh-tier uni (My fuck up cost me my chances to get into a decent one)
>All old friends got into amazing uni while maintaining decent social life
>Feel mad pathetic because of this, Self pity intensifies
>Circle is virtually non-existent at this point.

That was when I first started uni, since then I got into competitive gaming as a hobby (I don't tell anyone else this of course). managed to make a couple friends at uni and got an interview for my first job in a year.

TL:DR. It was fun being a Normie but hanging out with them will drain you if you do it too much. The road to recovery is nice though don't think i'll allow myself to go back to being at the level I was at in High School though
>>
>>34612319
let them talk then
I ain't got time for that shit anyway
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.