[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can too long on the Internet cause you to lose your grip on reality?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1486100675833.jpg (158KB, 900x592px) Image search: [Google]
1486100675833.jpg
158KB, 900x592px
Can too long on the Internet cause you to lose your grip on reality? I've not let my house in a while and can feel myself getting angrier and losing hope in the world due to all my redpill MGTOW and r9k reading. Then I go outside and realise life isn't as bad as the Internet makes out and the average person is a docile sheep with no clue what is going on in the world.
>>
>>34606248
That's the real issue.
Nobody is aware of the truth.
The wizard life is no joke - it's not a meme, or funny, or anything else.
See The Hermit card, from the Tarot, as an example.
>>
>>34606272
Op here, I'm a 23 year old hermit virgin, is it just my wizard powers slowly coming into fruition?
>>
>>34606284
True transformation happens when you are at your darkest. Be open to it, and be ready to any and all experiences.

And indeed, your wizard powers are simply growing over time. Stay the path, do not stop now!

Eventually, you will find not is all that it seems to be. The truth is something so unbelievable, so retarded, so autistic, that it'll make you scream.

And then you have control.
>>
>>34606248
ive worked for years and its brought me no joy ?
>>
>>34606248
yes you start to loose your grip on reality.

but even worse is that you loose all the social skills you once had.

I spend the last 3 years mainly in front of my pc, letting my life go by without ever participating.

This new years i went to a new years party for the first time in 3 years and a lot of people were happy to see & talk with me, but i did not feel comfortable around the nice people i called my friends once, so i just got wasted & stoned and fell alseep on the toilet.
even now being with a group of happy and alive people is hard bc i spend a long time being miserable and alone and on the internet

its really hard to fight your way back into the real world.
>>
>>34606363
I won't say, as it may influence your discoveries. It's important you find your personal truth. But be assured it is out there, anon. You just need to believe.

Again, as with all magic - You need to believe!

Do not let other's thinking influence you, including people on the internet.

This is the essence of the Hermit, complete and total isolation including the internet.
>>
>>34606248
Truth talk, anons: if you don't leave your house for extended periods of time, then think about supplementing vitamin D3+K2. Not memeing, it feels like shit without being exposed to sunlight.
>>
>>34606395
>Do not let other's thinking influence you, including people on the internet.
>tells you to become a fucking tarot card
>>
>>34606380
That is also another path. You do not have to be a wizard if it is not your path, if you do not choose to be one, or it is not destined for you.

You can climb your way out of hell, if you so wish. There is always hope. Always a path.
>>
>>34606248
>Then I go outside and realise life isn't as bad as the Internet makes out

How do you manage to fool yourself ?
Life outside is unbearable, I always go back home with murder intents.
>>
>>34606420
That is your opinion, and your right anon.
As my post said, don't let other's thinking influence you.

I have found the Tarot to be a great method of personal introspection, but if it is your choice to disagree, then that is your truth and valid.

We all have a path, and a way to knowledge.
>>
>>34606420
The tarot is not meant to be taken literally retard.
Its a divination method as with all methods you project your own view onto the card
>>
>>34606483
me calling a set of characteristics a tarot card was a joke, it was not meant to be taken illiterally.
>>
Too long on certain parts of the internet, this forum obviously included, will obviously have adverse effects on your perception of the world. In any Psych 101 class they'll tell you about mean-world syndrome, where people develop a view of the world as being more dangerous or overall shitty than it really is. It used to be grandmas watching news stories about pedophiles, and now its pedophiles reading news stories about "Stacies" and "Chads". The point being is no matter how true you deem these extremist mindsets that are preached on here, the only way of having a solid grip on the outside world is participating in it.
>>
>>34606380
I definitely understand that. Your statement of "fighting" your way back in to the real world is your fundamental problem. You are already excluding yourself from it before you step out the door. You are gauging your worth and right to exist in the world by others reactions to you. I know this is meme advice but, when elaborated on generally holds true. Your worried about messing up social interactions and that fear drives you to being even weirder. It's self perpetuating and you have to get used to the idea of people seeing you in a fucked up way and not caring. And when you ease into this you obviously will fuck up and people will think your weird, but after enough negative reactions and fear of negative reactions you can slowly stop caring once you realize nothing bad really happened. Fuck their opinion. Even people you like, go in imagining them talking shit to you or pointing out your own self perceived flaws and don't get filled with self disgust but basically stand up for yourself in your own mind. So once that inner dialogue develops of fuck their opinion then you can nurture it and become whoever you personally want to be.
>>
>>34606248
Actually real life made me more bitter than the internet. 4chan was more nice to me than real life which is no small feat.

I am treated like a rag because I'm mentally weak but not a retard. You can only get sympathy from people if you have normie problems. Otherwise they will hate you and cast you out because no matter how they try to pretend, they don't care about you. They will use and abuse you as much as they can get away with and never feel bad.
>>
>>34606248
>lose your grip on reality
>average person is a docile sheep with no clue what is going
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.