[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, does weed actually cure cancer?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: ganjavibesonly.jpg (78KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
ganjavibesonly.jpg
78KB, 700x400px
So now that the dust has settled, does weed actually cure cancer? Or was it all just a giant meme to get weed legalized?

Because I can't find any evidence that it cures cancer past some anecdotes and "pain management". Why do potheads think that it's a total replacement for proven, long established, and effective treatments?
>>
It doesn't cure shit, I think in some cases it has been recorded to slow the growth of it, but that's about it.
>>
Look up tumor shrinkage from Rick Simpson oil
>>
>>34604659
I don't think any pot heads think that?
>>
>>34604685
I have. Supposedly it reduces blood flow to tumors. How is that a cure for cancer?
>>
>>34604694
My uncle (who grows, sells, and smokes pot) swears by it and gets livid if you disagree with him saying that it has been proven.
>>
>>34604659
>Inhaling smoke
>Curing cancer
>>
>>34604724
Well it's not just like chemo is not a cure for cancer.
>>
>>34604846
>inhaling smoke
>implying
>>
>>34604742
That's fucking hilarious
orikanalo
>>
>>34604858
Then why is weed being brandished as a "cure" then?

Treatment, I can understand. Cure though? There are people that dedicated their lives to curing cancer, you think they wouldn't have taken a look at some plant that potheads have been screaming about since the 60s by now?
>>
>>34604742
Smoking weed, just like smoking anything else, actually gives you increased chanced to have cancer. Your uncle is a dumbass. I'm saying this as someone who smokes weed once a week
>>
>>34604882
Yeah, he's a bit of a whacko. No one in the family really likes him.
>>
>>34604889
Who says they aren't, and how many of those people understand the differences of a treatment and a cure?
>>
>>34604889
Because potheads are fucking retards who think Marijuana is mama from heaven and cures all life's problems with no downsides.

I'm in favour of full legalization but fuck these people are annoying
>>
>>34604925
*mana
>>
Pot doesn't cure cancer at all, it's mainly just used as a pain reliever for the chemo which is actually used as treatment.

Basically, dumbasses assumed that weed cures cancer because doctors were giving it to people with it.
>>
>>34604962
So then what the fuck is my uncle going on about thc binding to cancer cells specifically to eradicate cancer?

I honestly just want him to shut him the fuck up, every fucking family gathering he has to bring up the benefits of pot.
>>
>>34604659
No one said it cures cancer. It just helps you deal with it.
>>
File: 1431399443661.jpg (5KB, 208x250px)
1431399443661.jpg
5KB, 208x250px
>>34604994
Next time your uncle says this, ask him how the THC differentiates between cancer cells and regular cells, and laughs as he struggles to explain it; report back to this board. Thanks in advance, anon.
>>
>>34605355
I'll have to try this. I want to shut him up so bad but I never try to because I feel like I'm uninformed and he'll btfo me with some sources.
>>
Yes, works very well.

There is some info in the literature.
>>
>>34604962
>>34604994
Oh, I forgot to mention, it's also used because it gives you the munchies. People going through chemo usually lose their appetites, so it helps them keep food down.
>>
>>34604659
Weed itself doesn't cure shit, it's just used as a pain reliever. Not sure about cannabis oil but smoking a joint wont just magically cure whatever illness you have.
>>
It doesn't cure cancer. It can stimulate appetite in cancer patients and those suffering from anorexia. A synthetic drug that is pure THC exists for cancer patients to stimulate appetite. Problem is the drug that consists of pure THC can induce vomiting or a sensation similar to seasickness so the other chemicals present in marijuana seem to cancel the negative effect of THC. There's the Charlotte's Web strain which seems to cure severe epilepsy although you cannot get high off this strain since it contains 0 THC. It is high in CBC or something.

The appetite and epilepsy thing makes sense considering that marijuana is a psychoactive. Marijuana affects the nervous system more simply put. Appetite and epilepsy are problems related to the nervous system.

There are studies showing psychoactive drugs may be useful in treating mental health disorders although they need more studies on if it is actually linked to inducing psychosis in vulnerable individuals. They are doubting this since apparently many patients with diseases like schizophrenia smoke marijuana. They don't end up in hospitals every time they smoke. They are currently researching psilocybin to help terminally ill cancer patients deal with the concept of death being inevitable and soon along with the resulting depression.

Cannabis oil does seem to destroy MRSA in vitro so there is the possibility that one day there could be a topical ointment derived from the plant to combat MRSA, but that's a far stretch.
>>
It's also not proven to reduce pain. Chronic pain patients often have trouble sleeping, and smoking certain strains of marijuana help people sleep. It can help induce sleep chronic pain patients despite the pain that would otherwise keep them awake. It is also prescribed to insomniacs for this same reason. On the contrary, strains high in THC have almost a stimulant like effect. It doesn't remove pain, but it may help put an extra spring in the step of patients who attribute lack of energy to pain. It gives them energy to preform life's functions. Overall, people who smoke often mention it makes them happy or less depressed which will of course result in a benefit. Since it isn't "dangerous", doctors are starting to see there might not be an issue prescribing it to enhance mood and therefore quality of life for patients that are quite sad about their illnesses.

It may have anti-inflammatory properties. It is still given by the U.S. federal government to a small number of patients experiences glaucoma. Glaucoma is increased pressure in the eye. It seems to reduce that pressure so yes, it may be anti-inflammatory. However, not every chronic pain patient experiences pain due to inflammation.
>>
>>34605355
And I ask you how any form of cancer therapy from chemo to radiation differentiates between cancer cells and regular cells. Here's the truth, it doesn't. It only works because the cancer cells are weaker then the healthy cells. Those treatments kill off healthy cells as well, it's just the cancer cells are likely to die off first. Read about cancer treatments outside tumor removal, it's fucked. That's not a good argument.
>>
File: canna.jpg (56KB, 494x659px) Image search: [Google]
canna.jpg
56KB, 494x659px
There are many people who credit their remission of AIDS and cancer to cannabis derivatives/concentrates. (Rick Simpson Oil)

It has REAL benefits and moar research is necessary.

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High is a good film to get some info from.

If you're into reading books The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer is an essential read.
>>
>>34604659

Effects on cancer is something we'll have to research after widespread acceptance of it. My understanding is that currently there's anecdotal evidence only and nobody really knows.

If it turns out to be beneficial for more than dealing with symptoms, we'll have the boomers to thank for finding out a century later than we could have. One more mark on their permanent record.
>>
>>34606104
The point isn't to propose how mary jane fails against cancer, it is to get his uncle to falter, trying to explain why he believes something that obviously isn't the case in an attempt to point out how stupid his belief is.
>>
>>34606382
His uncle might reply he supposes in the same way any chemo drug kills cancer.
>>
>>34604672
cancer can't do cancer things when it's fucking high as fuck
>>
SMOKING weed doesn't cure. A family friend was given cannabis oil recently, she had stage 4 lung cancer, and I was told by the guy we got it from that it went into "full remission". But he dropped off the face of the earth after that, and I don't know if she needed to keep taking it to get better or not. But she died very soon after.
>>
>>34606204
Bitch I'm not about to watch propaganda videos and read pot fantasy novels to get "scientific" evidence.

Anecdotes is all you reefers can ever provide. And I'm actually for the legalization of pot.
>>
>>34604659
We know it kills cancer. It needs to be in extremely high dosages via oil not the levels you smoke. But in the levels you smoke, it seems to combat cancer enough so that it doesnt increase any likelihood of growth. This can be even further negated by using a proper vaporizer. There was a 30 year study that showed that marijuana users were all fine and actually had a slight increase in lung strength. There was a kid who cured his cancer 3 times over but kept running out of money to complete his oil treatment and he eventually went back into stage 4 and died. The US gov even has a patent on it.

>>34606783
you can probably look it up on cancer.org or proquest or some shit you lazy nigger you want to know not me. I already seen the articles.
>>
>>34607081
I've already looked it up on cancer.org and various scientific papers. All I see is evidence pointing towards side effect management. Not outright cures.
>>
>>34607195
Big pharma is heavily lobbying against it. They want to charge tou $75,000 to pump chemicals into you to kill you as many times as possible etc. Theres no fucking money in growing a plant for like 35c a plant.
>>
>>34607235
And NORML has been shilling false information/anecdotes attributing marijuana to having all the benefits but none of the downsides just so they can #legalizeit
>>
>>34604889
>>34604925
Literally no one thinks it's a cure. CBD oil (extracted from weed with no THC) can slow the growth of cancer cells. It also can epilepsy and related conditions.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 500x500px)
image.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
weed is shit anyways we need DMT, mushrooms, MXE and LSD legal
>>
>>34604659
No of course it doesn't. Only idiots seriously purported that it did. It's primary benefits were pain management as well as easing nausea and encouraging appetite. Basically; It's perfect for getting rid of the side effects of chemo, which cause nausea and vomiting and a lost of appetite.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.