[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I just realized why we all come here, it's a substitute

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1480904390879.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1480904390879.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
Guys, I just realized why we all come here, it's a substitute of having real friends.

This is how we placate the constant desire in the human psyche to interact with others, though stuffing our faces with autism and screaming
>>
>>34602747

But I have real friends, anon. I just come here for a bit of a giggle when I've got some downtime.
>>
>>34602775
is like this guuy
>>
Married with a kid here.

I come to r9k when I'm at hotel bars to make myself feel better
>>
>>34602812
KEK I know that's why I come here
>>
>>34602812

I've done this as well. God bless free wifi
>>
>>34602747
I've talked to a lot more people here this night than the past 2 years.
>>
>>34602747
It's also why I watch let's plays. Simulated friendship. I want to be strong enough to not need friends
I also need someone to talk to so my head doesn't go too far up my ass.
I also like to drop my half baked ideas here and see what you guys think
>>
>>34602747
I like how you're sharing this like its some kind of huge revelation, when pretty much everyone knows this already.
>>
File: 1428294588103.jpg (229KB, 1181x886px) Image search: [Google]
1428294588103.jpg
229KB, 1181x886px
>>34602747
Why do you want friends? Why would you want your happiness to be contingent? You become dependent on them. Do you not need to be ready to live a life of your own? They come and go as well.
>>
>>34602825
>>34602840
Lol knew I wasn't the only one
>>
>>34602973

>Why would you want your happiness to be contingent?

My happiness has never been contingent on my friends. They have, however, been an incredible supplement in my ongoing pursuit of happiness

>You become dependent on them
Only if you're the emotionally needy, codependent-type
>>
>a substitute of having real friends
I don't have such an ambitious desire. I come here, to /r9k/ in particularly because I am so starved for basic human interaction. In my entire life I have never had an intimate connection with another person, and I'm not speaking in the sexual sense. I know that it is a fruitless endeavor. Either someone will reply to a post or they won't, but either way the feeling of nothingness remains ever present. I know that I won't ever share a real human moment with another person, but I still keep coming back. I'd imagine this is the same reason that alcoholics and drug addicts keep doing what they do.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.