[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /r9k/ think about pipes? Classic? Try-hard? They're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What does /r9k/ think about pipes?

Classic? Try-hard?

They're certainly eye-catching, but perhaps that's just because of their rarity these days. If you pull out a grandiose pipe in public, then it's quite possible you're just doing it for the attention and the image.

But what about casual, contemplative pipe-smoking in private?

What would you think if you were walking down the street and saw someone smoking a pipe and drinking on their porch?

I'm very interested in any thoughts you have on the matter
>>
>>34601260
You have autism. There isn't anything wrong with pursuing things that interest you, just realize most people won't see what you see in them. That is because you have autism. You should probably get one of those buttons so people know.
>>
>>34601260
I'd say try hard, makes me think of the whole "le manly man beard and plaid" subculture

though I agree they seem like the most efficient way to smoke
>>
Fine in the privacy of your own home are a friend's home or in a secluded countryside area but if you use one in public or at a party you are just doing it for attention

Personally though if I felt like a smoke with my contemplation I would opt for a cigar, pipes taste too ashy for my liking
>>
>>34601452

I think pipes are much prettier than cigars, even if it's true that pipes are ashier and don't last as long

It's also nice to be able to swap out the tobacco easily, depending on what you're in the mood for
>>
>>34601260
>If you pull out a grandiose pipe in public, then it's quite possible you're just doing it for the attention and the image.
I honestly can't imagine why you'd think that. You honestly sound like a fucking autist.

Anyway, it's not really something you do when you're out and about, especially not anymore. It's like cigars in that you're not really supposed to inhale. You don't want to be moving around for at least a couple of reasons; the first being that the tobacco can get loose and go everywhere even if you pack it well; the second being related to what I formerly mentioned: one of the prime purposes of pipes are for the appreciation of the taste. It's not for getting a hard nicotine buzz. Would you drink a glass of wine while walking around town? It's the same principle for the most part.

I grew up in the boonies where lot of the men who are now entering retirement smoke pipes. It's really not a big fucking deal, it's just smoking. The problem comes when you personally romanticise it, which you're obviously fucking doing. Do yourself a favour and don't smoke a pipe because you'll come off as a fucking fedorlord.

Or stop being so insecure and do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
I smoke a pipe because it makes me feel connected to people and traditions I admire

Is this wrong?

even if it is fuck you I'm doing it anyway
>>
I really like the smell of tobacco. Not cigarettes, but pipes, cigars, etc.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.