[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

to play fallout 4 should i stick to conpletelibg the story

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1900x1255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1900x1255px
to play fallout 4 should i stick to conpletelibg the story or just roam around?
>>
>>34587013
>Cory and Trevor should be in this parking lot selling meat, not me.
>>
follow you heart anon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Or you can play F1 and F2.
>>
>>34587083
fallout 3 wouldnt work on win10 for me but maybe these will
>>
>>34587063
And your ass will open
>>
>>34587013
got fallout 4 just after christmas, played about 60 hours and still haven't rescued nick valentine
>>
That is one hell of a spelling mistake
>>
File: power rust.jpg (172KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
power rust.jpg
172KB, 1024x576px
>>34587013
Try your best to ignore the story and just roam around.

It'll be hard, though. Your character and their background are already decided by a preset story. You are looking for your baby and you need to hurry to rescue him. Mucking about in the wasteland just seems like wasting time. He's just a goddamn baby so you need to find him quickly.
It doesn't help that your character will mention his kid all the fucking time.

Beth fucked up in the same way on Fallout 3, making you go out and look for your dad. Roaming/exploring makes no sense.
>>
>>34587093
It will.

original comment
>>
>OOOOOOOOOOOOHH I'M THE KIND OF GUY
>>
the game sucks dick anyway, watered down modern-bethesda RPG trash.
Enjoy your dialogue wheel.
>yes(sarcastic)
>yes?
>yes.
>no(yes)
>>
>>34587013
The story is pretty short and gives you decent loot, I'd recommend getting it done before roaming but it's definitely not necessary.

>>34587109
This guy isn't wrong about the story. Bethesda decided they wanted a voiced protagonist so they absolutely shitwrecked the rpg elements that Obsidian had been trying to reintroduce to the series in New Vegas.

If you played a lot of New Vegas you'll notice that there are a lot of common sense things that somehow didn't make it to Fallout 4 (different ammo types have been replaced by guns with special abilities a la Borderlands) but with that said Fallout 4 is a massive improvement in terms of actual gameplay. They streamlined a lot of things and finally developed the game a bit more as a shooter, but it's not a really amazing game because Bethesda refused to learn any lessons from Obsidian in terms of storytelling and freedom.

Also there aren't that many interesting quests in the game because they wanted to make a ton of radiant quests, which are boring and shitty.
>>
>>34587154
with the exception of skill checks, which it is a shame they removed, most f3 and fnv dialogue was like that anyway, they were just better at disguising it
>>
>>34587173
>Bethesda refused to learn any lessons from Obsidian in terms of storytelling and freedom.

because bethesda never had chris motherfucking avellone working on their games.
It'll be interesting to see how obsidian does now that he's quit.
>>
>>34587173
The gameplay is better, you're right. And the power armour mechanic was actually pretty good, if horribly overpowered.

Skyrim was also an improvement in gameplay over early TES games. But it also lost a lot in story, freedom and quests.
I would rather not have to trade depth for smooth gameplay.
>>
Fallout 3: oh shit, apocalypse

Fallout 4: casual themepark ride full of friendly, normal, moral, cheerful NPCs, written with no flaws so it plays like a television drama
>>
>>34587255
And neither of them are Fallout games since Fallout is POST-Post-Apocalyptic while Fallout 3 was "Wait there was meant to be two posts? Shit we just made Post-apocolyptic"
>>
>>34587276
they can't be compared to 1 and 2, which is why you can only compare them to themselves.
FNV at least retains the RPG freedom and element of 1 and 2. after that it's a wash.

but Fallout 4 seriously seems like it was intended for children. if you modded out the blood, you could slap an E rating on it.
>>
>>34587276
>Fallout is POST-Post-Apocalyptic
can you give me a quick run down on this
>>
>>34587253
Yeah, I love the way they did power armor but it makes the game too easy because of the way damage is calculated. You end up taking almost no damage from early-midgame enemies.

I ended up getting a mod that allows custom damage multipliers and set it so that all damage was mulitiplied by 5 so that automatic weapons actually did damage to things and it took effort not to die.

>>34587305
The idea is that it's been long enough that civilization is rebuilding, and although the landscape is changed forever it's actually possible, if difficult, for people to make livings and not just barely survive in ruins.

New Vegas did a pretty good job with that, in that they show that the NCR and Caesar's Legion are both large, organized civilizations that are capable of warfare and sustaining large populations, but they do still have to deal with the consequences of the nuclear war 200 years earlier.

In Fallout 3 they made it feel like the apocalypse had just happened, hardly anything was rebuilt and settlements were pretty tiny.
>>
Did anyone else jerk off when Thier fallout 4 waifu said they loved them.
>>
>>34587410
piper/curie/cait a shit

doggo objectively best waifu
>>
>>34587386
>Early-mid enemies
Not even alpha deathclaws can hurt you with good powerarmor. The only enemies that can are bloodbugs who all die very easily.
I hate that they just throw powerarmor at you at all times
>>
>>34587497
Yeah, I was pretty pissed off when one of the first things you do is get in power armor and fight a deathclaw. It was a fun little boss fight but it really broke the immersion because deathclaws and power armor are supposed to be a big deal.

I get that they had a way to explain why your character can use power armor right away, but it shouldn't have been so common.
>>
>>34587549
yeah and they tried to balance it out with 'yeah you get power armor earlier but you need the power cores use it' but they have to put them everywhere otherwise power armor would be completely useless
>>
>>34587664
>old Fallout
>oh cool, this power armor functioning makes sense because it has a nuclear core
>new Fallout
>oh yeah, these high tech, highly valuable cores are just scattered all throughout, not scavenged at all, not rare at all
>here's one right here inside this garbage can

there's so much immersion breaking, dumb shit that simply doesn't make sense in Fallout 4.
they needed to hire a continuity manager.
>>
>>34587664
I think they could have handled that way better. Maybe if power armor would give you bonus strength and whatever add-ons you have (jetpack, sensors, whatever) only if you have a power core in it, but would be basically functional without one.

It really shouldn't give quite as much armor as it does, though.

>>34587790
Yeah they totally devalued all of the shit that should be rare.
>>
>>34587386
To be fair, you have to consider that the East coast was probably hit much much harder than the west coast, especially Washington D.C. considering it is the capital of the U.S. I mean, New Vegas wasn't even nuked, House shot them all out of the sky, but there are multiple blast craters you can find in fallout 3. Plus, their supermutant problem seems to be much, much worse in D.C. as you can see from all the damn patrols you find in the city

However, they have no excuse for still being able to find food and ammo in buildings, the apocalypse happened 200 damn years ago, people would've eaten all the food, found all the ammo, etc...
>>
>>34588161
>However, they have no excuse for still being able to find food and ammo in buildings
i actually kinda like that about fallout because it speaks to how wasteful pre war society was, just flooding the market with so many goods and using up the resources that turned the world to shit.

Also the guns and ammo every where is good for showing how fucked up and paranoid society was getting
>>
>>34587173
>Also there aren't that many interesting quests in the game because they wanted to make a ton of radiant quests, which are boring and shitty.
good to know
now I won't get my hopes up on the next elder scrolls
it'll just be skyrim 2.0
bethesda needs to learn how to make decent quests
>>
>>34588270
dare i hope that the witcher 3 raised the bar for the next elder scrolls?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.