[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stay up 24 hours to fix sleep schedule and wake up in the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1475384644728.jpg (32KB, 432x433px) Image search: [Google]
1475384644728.jpg
32KB, 432x433px
>stay up 24 hours to fix sleep schedule and wake up in the morning (4-6am)
>hoping to sleep my usual 8-10 hours, maybe more
>wake up after 4 hours alert as fuck at 12am
>can't go back to sleep
>get sleepy in the morning
>wake up in the evening again

wtf why is this so hard?
>>
Same here man.

I've been waking up at 6pm everyday.

Lifting for 5 years, cardio several days a week, healthy diet, and my depression still over-rides it all.
>>
I just tried that too. I said fuck it and went to sleep at 1pm and woke up at midnight. But I only need to stay up for like 18 hours to fix it this time, that should be more doable.
>>
>>34585432
it's impossible to fix a sleep schedule. I've been trying to sleep at night and stay up all day.
>>
I use to be able to do this as a teenager and in my early 20s.

Now im nearly 30 and I just cant do it, my body wont allow me to fix it.

I dont understand how im supposed to do it
>>
>>34585565
It's not impossible at all, you can revert back to a normal pattern in one day if you do it right. It just takes a shit ton of caffeine and something more active than passively consuming media to pass the time
>>
my sleep schedule is well fucked too, but you can't hope to fix it in one night. I've tried enough times.
>stay up for 30 something hours
>great it's now 9pm, time to sleep
>wake up at 1pm the next day, slept so much because I stayed awake for so long

you gotta adjust it slowly. stay up a few more hours each night, and sleep those extra hours (just don't increase/decrease the length of your sleep) and once you've hit your perfect time to sleep/wake, stick with it for a few weeks til it becomes habit.
>>
Mine was fucked for the past 2 months but the past week I made a major effort to fix it. Was originally waking up at 6pm and sleeping at 10am. You've gotta just stay up one whole day to begin with. Then get an early night. But even then you won't be used to sleeping in the night. You'll keep waking up at weird times like 4am because you are used to being awake then. If this happens you have to just stay awake another whole day. Just keep doing it until you're back to normal. I wake up 8am everyday now. Make sure to leave the house on the says you are trying to stay awake as well. Its not possible if you're sitting nice and comfy next to your bed.
>>
It's because you don't have a job. I also thought Night Owls are biologically wired to be that way but no, it's just mind tricks. When you spend so much time in front of your PC, the blue light from it tricks your brain into thinking it's still day and it can't fall asleep. Combine that with all the stimulants that surround us and it's near impossible to not have a fucked up schedule when you have nothing to do.

Once I got a job I was too tired to stay awake until 10 PM. Now I'm a NEET and yes, you guessed it, my sleep cycle sucks.
>>
Even when you do fix it you'll just fuck it up the next day
>>
>tfw fixed my sleep schedule in a day
Up until last Saturday I was up all night now I wake up at 6 in the morn

Not saying it'll last, but well we'll see
>>
honestly just set an alarm at the same time every day and never nap/fall asleep through the whole day. worked for me used to wake up at 4pm now its 6am every day
>>
>>34586043

I'm actually doing that now. I was awake for 24 hours. I barely made it. Fell asleep at like 7pm and woke up at 11PM. I've been trying to fall asleep since but I fucking can't and I'm sleepy as fuck too. Its almost 6am now. I quit drinking alcohol 3 days ago so that might have something to do with it. I'm also tapering off of a benzo. I'm not sure if I should just keep trying to sleep or stay up as long as I can. I have 3mg melatonin pills and im considering taking 1 or 2. Not sure if that would help me sleep. I'm already sleepy but can't fucking fall asleep. I might drift off to sleep then I feel like im at the brink of sleep paralysis so I panic and wake up sometimes. Fuck. I can just drink coffee but I'll just be on a brink of a panic attack or be so fucking anxious over having a seizure.
>>
>>34586390
Nah I'm wired to stay up all night, natural night owl always been that way. I function and can get up 4 AM for work (I'm a limo driver) but I don't like it.
>>
>>34586755
It might be worth trying to stay up the whole day again. Could be hell though since it's like 48 hours with 4 hours sleep.
>>
>>34586940

I'm trying without using caffine. I lay in bed for about 30 minutes and I feel a little better, sit on computer, feel tired, repeat. Maybe I'll take a couple of showers. I'll probably try to make it till at least 2pm and sleep. I should be able to sleep for at least 10 hours, I hope. If not, I think I may lose my shit.
>>
I remember I could stay up all night and day playing WoW, no caffeine needed even. Now if I try to stay up all night the next day all I think about is sleep.
>>
>>34585432
The only thing that ever worked for me was smoking weed. Somehow smoking weed all the time regulated my sleep cycle perfectly. I used to be all fucked up, going to bed when it was getting light outside, sleeping all day, etc. but the weed fixed all that. Now I'm 10-6 every day.
>>
>>34586755
quitting drinking and tapering off benzos at the same time is a bad idea man. You're gonna get nasty rebound effects, including insomnia. Take it slow.
>>
>>34588220
I'm trying to quit weed, so that's not an option
>>
The key is not to stay up 24 hours but try as best you can to sleep until early morning without eating then at your wakeup time get up and immediately get some sunlight on your skin and eyes (indirectly), then have a big meal with decent fats. This should reset your body clock and will train you to wake at that time regardless, especially if you continue to eat little to nothing late at night - your body is going to want to wake you up to get that nice food.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.