[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never get to stay up all night playing halo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: 1472017833211.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472017833211.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you will never get to stay up all night playing halo 3 custom games with all your friends ever again
>>
File: 1444776547816.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1444776547816.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
I never actually had friends, so I would just spend all of my time in Forge mode making custom maps and game modes and daydreaming about having friends to play them with.
>>
File: 1485947798824.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
1485947798824.png
148KB, 645x772px
>>34577664
>Friends
Yea...
>>
h4 ruined everything.
>>
>>34577738
xbox friends aren't real friends anon, and even then you didn't need to have them, you could still have a blast
>>
Why not play the MCC then, anon?
>>
>>34577725
This hits close to home anon. ree..
>>
File: blades.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blades.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>34577774
I will always crusade against the party chat system that xbox made. It killed people setting up Halo lobbies just to chat and people were usually more than welcome for new players in zombie mode or fat kid or trash compactor or predator. But when the party chat happened it stopped people from being forced to interact and my friends list dwindled from the max of 99 players to just 20 over time and then no one wanted to play custom games anymore with randoms.

>be me
>be 14
>wake up on a weekend, dont have to school fucking awesome
>boot up halo
>play some matches like 3-7 of them
>look in recent players list to see who is in custom lobby
>join their lobby and play some zombies for 4 hours
>rinse and repeat for over 2 years
>had the most fun ive ever had playing games with friends adn the only thing that comes close now is playing with some people in discord who all just want to play dota all the time
>miss those days a lot
>go to bed thinking about those times both happy and sad

i hate the party chat system
>>
I hope you get killed you stupid fucking normie
>>
>>34577664

>halo 3

Fuck that. Where's my sunken defense, where's my bounds, what about the thing, or marine special forces.

Get out of here with this halo bullshit.
>>
>>34577966
The blade interface was great and I have no idea what crackhead at Microsoft decided to change it.

I hate all the flat-looking UIs that people are trying to push. I want gradients, gloss, shadows, and detail!
>>
>>34577725
This hits wayy too close to home...

> grew up in a poor family
> parents genuinely did everything they could for me
> worked extra hard to make money
> the image of my mother crying because she had to work when she was very ill is still burned in my memory, desu
> save money for christmas
> buy me an xbox 360 with halo
> couldn't afford xbox live
> heck, they didn't even know it was a thing
> would spend time in forge mode, like you
> every day my mom would come home & ask what I did
> always tell her I was on the xbox with all my friends
> she'd always smile
> a wide
> warm
> genuine smile

> ...I didn't have friends
>>
>>34578099
> sometimes I'd try to teach my dad how to play
> couldn't quite aim and move at the same time
> I would laugh at how silly he was being
> I could tell it didn't really amuse him
> but he was having fun, because I was having fun

Man... thanks for reminding me of these memories, OP. I really needed it...
>>
File: 1457999350687.png (41KB, 393x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457999350687.png
41KB, 393x400px
>>34577664
feels bad man. havnt owned a console in years so i have no idea what happened in halo 4 and 5, dont care honestly
>>
>>34578296
the game ended with 3, fuck anything else related
>>
>>34578296
Writing is much worse and 5 doesn't play anything like a Halo game.
>>
>>34578338
Halo: Reach was actually pretty good, but anything past that is just joyless.
>>
File: 1485715209465.gif (968KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1485715209465.gif
968KB, 499x374px
>>34577664
>you will never play vanilla wow again
>you will never stay up eating chicken strips and pizza raiding and exploring new areas with your friends
>>
Let's all play Halo Online niggers, there's a discord channel and all.
>>
>>34578374
>tfw all my friends came back for legion

its ok
>>
I miss foundry. I miss fatkid...
>>
>>34578400
I keep forgetting to reinstall that. I fucking nostalgiad so hard playing it. idk why /v/ hates it so hard.
>>
>>34578338
Reach was decent, I had a lot of fun on custom games for years after the mass exodus from 3.
And ODST was great imo.
>>
>>34578400
Halo online has weird sound bugs and just doesn't seem right. Still play it every other couple of weeks though, but get bored with it because it just doesn't feel authentic. Wish the MCC was out on pc, or just halo 3 that would be fucking great too
>>
>>34577664
>Have a big list of competitive shooter games to pick from, most of them free and I can find people to play with in just a couple of seconds
>Doesn't matter because everyone is a cunt
>>
>>34578400
>faggot ass halo 4 modded weapons
>shitty power ranger abomination halo 4 aesthetic
>bugs

I tried to like it but I'll stick to Halo 2 Project Cartographer
>>
>>34578660
>Halo 2 Project Cartographer

Didn't know that existed, PC fags sure love Halo, why is MS such an asshole to them?
>>
>you will never stay up all night with your friends playing N64
>you will never play pokemon stadium and leave the room whilst one of your friends picks your pokemon
>you will never laugh as both of you get a parade of metapods, kakunas and other shit pokemon causing the battles to last forever
>you will never play goldeneye and make a secret pact with another friend to gang up on one person just to see him lose his shit
>you will never play mario kart 64 and mess around on the desert level playing chicken with the train
>>
File: 1375630649714.jpg (67KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1375630649714.jpg
67KB, 500x456px
>>34578812
>you will never play goldeneye and make a secret pact with another friend to gang up on one person just to see him lose his shit

Fucking hell, me and my two friends would team up on my younger brother and he would go into autistic rage mode. I miss that shit.
>>
>>34577966
oh man, i had that disturbia pack. i used the red face icon for a long ass time.
good memories
>>
File: 28004.png (9KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
28004.png
9KB, 64x64px
>>34579639
>tfw had the halo ce pack
>>
>>34577664
STOP IT

STOP IT

STOP IT

I FEEL THIS TOO MUCH
>>
File: 1481953711742.png (222KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1481953711742.png
222KB, 635x473px
>>34577664
I play sports games against myself by changing the controller over to the team that's on offense. I play for both sides.
>>
>played Halo Reach almost 4 years from the start
>I used to live with a gf back then who never nagged about gaming
>I Used work the graveyard shift that time
>at weekends I would lay beside her when she would fall a sleep and the go play for the rest of the night
>learned to know all my nations best players by first names and we would allways play the btb together
>Tfw I was in my nations top 10 in almost every category
>Had years lasting feuds with couple high competive gamers around the world, the most notorius was gamer called Brad Pitt
>it started when he team killed me over sniper rifle and I kicked him from the game and afterwards he sended me a message calling me a fag
>played against his team monthly basis and always t-bagged his corpse like crazy and we use to message each others afterwards
>got lot of hate messages bc of my playing style
>I always targeted the opponents best players haunting the trough the whole game
>In the day we broke up with gf I couldnt play any more, it just didnt feel the same anymore
>havent played HR since

Now, almost 3 years later I still miss those times
>>
>>34577664
>tfw you buy your first gaming system with your own money
>tfw you set it up in the middle of the night when you should be sleeping
>tfw the xbox turns on for the first time

My xbox 360 was the best gaming experience I've had. Played so many games like Halo: Reach, Battlefield, and Call of Duty with my friends. Now we've all drifted apart, going to different colleges, pursuing different careers.

I miss those guys :(
>>
>>34578099
>I was a strange kid, didn't have any friends until I was 11
>Dad hated that I played videogames
>Mom would play with me, always killed the marines or me because "if it moves in shooting it"
>I remember one time we played a one on one, we laughed the whole time, she started grabbing my arm so I could play, she tried to punch me to make me miss, but I still one
>Ended up with a black and blue on my shoulder that we still joke about
>>
>Playing normieshit.
Fuck off.
>>
>>34581599
oh I'm so sorry i'm not a 33rd degree autist playing dwarf fortress
>>
>>34577664
Nothing will ever top Halo 3's online community. Nothing will ever be as popular with as much freedom with as little outside distractions as Halo 3 had.
>>
>>34580001
Used to do that with an old spongebob party game once in a while shit was fun
>>
File: 1440377528781.gif (15KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1440377528781.gif
15KB, 645x773px
Those Zombie weekends on Halo 3 that's all I did after school from Thursday to Sunday at midnight warehouse had the best customs like a big ass house, might have played with some of you guys long ago
>>
>Halo is by far my favorite game franchise despite the last two entries being lack luster
>Been playing it since I was 22 when CE came out
>I had some tough times, but it was always there for me
>5 was about to come out
>Realize that my daughter has probably seen me play some online and can probably recognize Master Chief, but hasn't seen much story
>One night, I get us a buffalo chicken pizza pie, and I get her to stay up and we play 1-4 and Reach (on normal for times sake)
>She cried at the end of 4 and tried to hide it, but I couldn't blame her, when I first played it I cried a little too
Top 5 best days of my life
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.