[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just turned 21. Graduated CS last year. Making decent salary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1424933369558.jpg (103KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1424933369558.jpg
103KB, 800x850px
Just turned 21.

Graduated CS last year. Making decent salary at a start up.

Have a great group of friends

GF (4 months)

Been starting to exercising and reading more

How are you holding up, /r9k/? I'm doing okay.
>>
>>34577309
fair warning op: arguments about the purpose of /r9k/ and it's purpose incoming, robot culture, etc. normie etc.

Assuming this is not bait, have you any college loans?
>>
did you start college early or did you just take very heavy coursload each semester? I just turned 21 and I'm only in my third semester, and I started right after high school
>>
>>34577309
Pretty shit obviously. I want to be happy for you but you seem to be gloating and that's really not cool considering how many of us are suffering
>>
>>34577309
I'm a self taught programmer. I understand math up to abstract algebra but plan on learning until I'm doing schochastic calculus. Is a job as a software developer possible. Will my math ability help if I create software with it to prove I actually know what do?
>>
How did you get the job at a startup?
>>
>>34577309
congrats on your basic bitch normie liffe, whatver
>>
>>34577796

>I know math up to abstract algebra

that's not how math works. past calculus and elementary differential equations, math branches into different areas, none of which necessarily precedes the others
>>
>>34577687
This post I am replying to is what a cuckold looks like
>>
>>34577848

>cuckolds look like a 4chan post

thanks for the insight
>>
File: 1485995829234.png (55KB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1485995829234.png
55KB, 209x213px
Get the fuck
>>
>>34577709
I'm Australian lad. Finished Year 12 (high school) when I was 17. CS degree takes three years.
>>
>>34577796
programming is less about hard math skills, and more about algorithms and engineering principles. employers will look for your knowledge on algorithm complexity, your knowledge of what data structures to use.

learn up on algorithms for sorting and graph traversal, then learn up on some programming patterns.

then delve deep into learning how to use a unix shell, or write a web server in your favorite language, or something fuckin' cool. learn how to build real fuckin' software from the ground up.

learning requires a lot of doing so do it. there are a billion resources online.
>>
>>34577309
21 /cs/ also, cushy job lined up :)
>>
File: seinfeld.jpg (30KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.jpg
30KB, 636x421px
>>34577309
Why are there so many literal kids on this board

What's the deal with that
>>
>>34577714
I'm not gloating. I've actually been really depressed as of late. I'm here to help (srs). Plus I'm autistic too (socially). My friends are all gamers (worse than me most of them, some are doing well) and the girl I'm with is a 5/10 so really I'm not that far ahead.

>>34577796
Man you're in America. Here in Australia you must have a degree to work in tech. In America it's different. Just work on your portfolio.

>>34577828
I done an internship there in my final year. They hired me soon as I got my degree.

>>34577965
I'm not sure you've heard this but you become an adult at the age of 21 friend. I'm an adult.
>>
>>34577836
Chill with the autism nigga. I know there are different fields. I'm just wonder if abstract algebra,specifically using it to create software, looks good on a resume. Or am I wasting my time with these books.
>>
File: 612x.jpg (41KB, 512x379px) Image search: [Google]
612x.jpg
41KB, 512x379px
>>34578018
It used to be 18 when I was your age
>>
>>34578149
Abstract algebra is probably one of the most useful subjects to study to develop logic skills that are the basis of programming. Keep studying it, it will complement your algorithms & programming study very well & give you a leg up on others.

>>34577309
Fuck you OP for being happy & functional. I'm doing great, going to be a 28 year old virgin in a few weeks. Nah but good for you that you were brought up with enough discipline to live such a functional life from so young. Some of us are just a bit more fucked up & sorting it all out is more of a process.
>>
>>34577309
Good job on the progress anon.

I'm holding up OK. Feel like I'm finally coming into fruition with my life. Gave up junk food, started going to the gym at night, and I picked up drawing again.

I bought my first house about three days ago but the idea of owning a home terrifies me. Mortgage is super cheap since I put a lot upfront, been thinking about getting room-mates or renting it for several years while I hit up a college since theres no around here to cover the mortgage cost and some edu expenses.
>>
File: 1462964080064.jpg (95KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1462964080064.jpg
95KB, 563x364px
>23
>useless arts degree
>only girl that i had some kind of contact and intimacy is dating\engaged to a man
>childhood friend died
>parents divorced and no longer talk to each other
>group of friends is broken and scattered because of me
>back+neck pain
>balding
>never been loved
>future is bleak, probably mindless wageslaving in the factory for a meagre salary
>living in small town in poor country
>anxiety
>lonely

I'm quite tired to be frank with you
>>
>20, about to graduate from CC with an A.S in chemistry - serves no purpose other than to transfer to uni
>Realize today that I could've gone for radiologic technology and make 60k a year off an associates degree
It sure is wonderful doubting everything at the last minute
>>
>>34578149
>wasting my time
Stop treating school as the gathering of credentials. Learning new ways to think is valuable unto itself, and abstract algebra is a fascinating subject in its own right.
>>
>>34577309
>33
>shitty IT job with shitty salary
>no friends
>no girlfriend for the last 7 years
>skinnyfat
>balding
>just realized i was rejected 33 times on dating sites in the last month.

where can i procure nembutal?
>>
>>34577309
How much do you make a year, anon?
>>
>>34577309
GET THE FUCK OFF MY FUCKING BOARD YOU NORMIE FUCKING SCUM!!!! RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
>>
>>34577309
> Did 56 days of NoFap
> In that time got a shitty retail job
> Got my drivers license
> Those were the goals I'd set for myself
> That, and losing my virginity
> Told myself I wouldn't fap until I finally got laid
> Failed on day 56
> Still, 2/3 goals wasn't bad
> Since then just been fapping away
> Everything is semi gone to shit again
> But hey, drivers license helps
> I've moved out of home and have some independence
> Yesterday
> Talking with housemate about expenses
> So, housemate, how much you get a month at your good sysadmin job?
> 4200 a month brah, roughly
> He always buying cool shit
> Has a hot gf
> owns all this cool tech
> i'm a dropout who can never get a good job earning more than 1200 a month in my shitty retail job

i'm holding up okay. feeling kind of like shit after realizing how far behind i am in life.

i need to get on another nofap streak and reach the following goals.

> community college
> cert iii in accounting
> cert iv in accounting
> accounting diploma

that way i can normie myself into a decent paying accounting job and finally achieve my last goal

> get a gf
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.