[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started making my bed everyday as an exercise in self-discipline

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: happy wojak clear.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
happy wojak clear.png
5KB, 645x773px
>started making my bed everyday as an exercise in self-discipline and routine-building
>that led to me cleaning my room front to back and top to bottom, as well as the washroom and other rooms in the house, I clean them everyday
>I started going on 1 hour walks everyday as well, sunshine or snow storm
>I then started showering everyday and wearing clean clothes because of how sweaty and gross I got
>I then started doing my laundry every week
>I actually want to find a job now

Make your bed, fellow turbo-autist NEET robots. It's the first step to becoming a normie
>>
>>34576395
I've been doing it for the past few days. Next step is to tackle the bathroom
>>
File: 1445821535246.png (23KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
1445821535246.png
23KB, 800x721px
>>34576395
>I actually want to find a job now

I got a job and my room is a mess.
>>
>>34576395
Goodjob anon, you're going to come out on top bruv.
>>
>>34576838
>tfw have an actual career and my room is still a pigsty

Old habits never really die.
>>
i've been considering doing this, sort of.
my idea was to write a task every day on a dry erase board i have. once i get pretty reliably okay at handling one given task a day, every day, start giving myself two tasks, and so on.
>>
it can be good to leave your sheets pulled back so the sweat your bed accumulates from your body overnight has a chance to evaporate properly
>>
>>34577022
Yeah I let it air out while I go to the washrooms and make myself to eat, but i always make my bed after breakfast.

>>34576838
>>34576915

Yall need Mari Kondo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1-HMMX_NR8
>>
>>34576395
Good work, anon. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>34577171
>>34576893

Thanks senpai. We all deserve to make it!

>>34576818

cleaning is strangely satisfying, the effort you put in is directly related to the results you get and the results are immediate

>>34576959

That's also a good idea. Writing anything down is always better than just letting your thoughts float around in your mind
>>
>>34577543
Jackie Chan is such a sweetheart.
>>
File: 1485666171561.jpg (441KB, 1215x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485666171561.jpg
441KB, 1215x1200px
i work 40 hours a week and attend classes full-time, but my room and other spaces are absolutely wrecked

i've often thought that cleaning my shit would also been a pretty good boon to me, improve my general outlook and attitude but there's some sort of aversion stopping me

it doesn't help that when I get home all I want to do is decompose behind the PC for a precious few hours before I am compelled to do more shit
>>
Going to bed at a fixed time

Waking up early

Situps and pushups

Sun

And a year later you are Chad
>>
Proud of you anon.
Originally.
>>
>>34577637
Having a clean space to chill in would be more relaxing, no?

> but there's some sort of aversion stopping me

It's usually the meme of humans preferring an known suffering over the fear of the unknown.

If you take one day on the weekend and just clean all of your room in one go then it's pretty much clean forever.

Once you designate a space for each thing, and where you want clear space, you never have to find any other space for that thing ever again.

You just need to a heavy cleaning once, and then the rest is just light maintenance like dusting and emptying your garbage bin.

The key is to clean everything in one room all at once. Not do a little bit each day otherwise you'll get discouraged and never finish.
>>
Do people really not make their bed when they get up? I can't stand leaving my bed unmade. Going to bed at night to a made bed with clean sheats is one of the only thing that makes me happy in this fucked up world.
>>
>>34578655
It's probably way more common than you think. it's the "it's going to be undone as soon as I get in it so what's the point" mentality.

The same way how some people (usually like teens and 20 year olds in skate shoes) don't tie their shoes or they have them already tie up loosely so they can just slip their feet in like they're slippers.

or the same reason why some people never dust or clean anything, etc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.