[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some stable degrees outside of STEM and business?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

What are some stable degrees outside of STEM and business? (I.e. education)
>>
Depends, are you good with communicating with others, if not then STEM is the way to go.
>>
>>34576257
Anything in health care

>Healthcare
>Education
>Walmart

The three pillars of the american economy
>>
>>34576257

I think a lot of degrees have potential, provided you're willing to put in the effort prior to graduating.

My ex-girlfriend was an advertising major. Before we'd met, she never had a boyfriend and rarely went out to party. She spent a lot of free time involving herself with organizations and did an internship every summer. While she's not making engineer-tier money, she landed a job right after graduating that paid $50,000 per year. Two years later, her new company is paying closer to $70k and is sponsoring an MBA from a highly-ranked university.

Advertising, from what I understand, is usually regarded as a "blow-off" major. However, she's doing much better than most people because she set herself up for success in ways that I and other students didn't.

If you get into a business-related field or soft science and are willing to do internships and maybe get an MA or MS, you can probably earn halfway decently.
>>
File: images__1_.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images__1_.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>34576407
>outside of STEM and business
Read the opium
>>
>>34576257

Why is this fucker in every youtube advert I see.
>>
>>34576465

Kek - oops.
>>
>>34576523
Because of the amount of money he's paid.
>>
>>34576257
I'm trying to decide between getting a degree in privilege checking, or whether I should just go with bull prepping.
>>
>>34576580
Show me one school that offers either of those as a major.
>>
>>34576640

BBCuniversity.edu
>>
>STEM
>stable
lol. Also buisness is a degree for fratbros who know they are going to get a job either way, for everyone else it translates to "im not good at anything and needed to pick some bullshit"
>>
>>34576695
Accounting and marketing are also business degrees, ya know.
>>
Trades my dood. I am a welder and I rake in the fat cash while only working half the year. Not to mention that I weld in my free time anyway. Autism ftw
>>
>>34576720
Yeah youll be a bank teller in no time
>>
>>34576720
>Accounting and marketing are also business degrees, ya know.

Marketing is the most useless degree if you're not Chad or STACEY. It's literally the Chad/Stacey degree. If you're good looking you'll be in easily. I wish someone told me this
>>
>>34576257
Accounting
Finance

Also if you can program just get a degree in some traded shot be a programmer
>>
Is law a meme?
>>
>>34576257
Go trades. Good chance to make some good money and you're damn near guaranteed a job since no one goes into them. Not having a shit ton of student debt is nice as well.
>>
>>34577555
yeah
oregonor
>>
>>34577555
unless you want to be a lawyer and plan to go to law school, yes
>>
>>34576846
How do you only work half the year?
>>
>>34576341
No it isn't. If you can't communicate at all, don't even bother college. You need to get interviews and work with teams in most STEM fields. I found out the hard way.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.