[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: Ca0To17UcAA8yYH.png (220KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ca0To17UcAA8yYH.png
220KB, 600x366px
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters, comedians, musicians, actors, filmmakers of my country

>nobody will ever paid attention to me because i have no money, contacts, friends or anything that relate me with any sort of audience

who else /wastedpotential/ here?
>>
>>34575025
>actually having potential but squandering it

isn't that just a failed normie?
>>
File: 1485465074706.gif (1MB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1485465074706.gif
1MB, 128x128px
>>34575025
>>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters, comedians, musicians, actors, filmmakers of my country

Sure you do
>>
>>34575025
Have you actually written full scripts?
>>
>>34575025

>>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters, comedians, musicians, actors, filmmakers of my country

No you actually don't faggot
>>
>>34575025
Ever heard of that thing, I can't recall how it's called right now, but I heard it allows you to produce multimedia and release it to the world, reaching however many people might actually enjoy what you produced.

Wait, now it's coming back to me, I think it's called the Internet.
>>
>>34575025
Horseshit, OP. I refuse to believe there isn't any kind of local theatre group close to you.
>>
>>34575025

I've been running a music label over the last year and a half. I sell cassettes of every album I release. 90% of my releases have sold out and I have made $23K over the last year from it. And I've had releases written up in online publications like TinyMixTapes and have been name dropped by Fantano in a video.

I have no training or education in marketing or business.

And I've done it all without stepping outside of my house.

>i have no money

I put $400 in for my first cassette release and literally everything has paid for itself since then. I'm gonna do vinyl later this year.

>contacts

I didn't have any contacts when I started. I started a twitter 2 years ago and was active enough to pick up contacts via online networking. It's how I find artists to release or music reviewers to form relationships with.

>friends

Don't see how this is relevant

>anything that relate me with any sort of audience

This contradicts all that "talent" you are talking about.

You have no fucking excuse.
>>
>>34575025
>in my country

So how is Antarctica this time of year?
>>
>good ideas
are worthless without good execution

nice bait tho
>>
File: 053_QUJDA7E.png (124KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
053_QUJDA7E.png
124KB, 750x780px
>>34575025
Make a jewtube or something you dultz
>>
>>34575079
yes, 14 so far, also 40 short stories, novelletes, etc. and worked on 3 film productions but no money for go to college and without that or money or a vagina i have no chance in this world
>>
>I have contacts in film and publishing
>my ideas get bought from time to time
>I am decently well known
>but my only work that has ever sold is what I consider trash tier schlock for kids
>none of what I consider my master works have gotten so much as a "eh, s'not bad. but too costly sounding" from anyone in the biz
shit ain't eva gun bee gud
>>
>>34575025
alright, make me laugh. Make me laugh right now, if you're more talented then 80% of comedians and actors say something really funny. Tell me a funny joke. I'm calling your bluff nigger.
>>
>>34575797
Why not apply for schools? Student loans suck but at least it will get you on track to where you want to be.
>>
>>34575115
>>34575054
yeah i may sound like a pretentious loser but fuck it, ive seen people that can barely read and they are selling their books, music, acting, working in movie industry(ive worked there so i know a lot people making money for shitty productions) and actually being praised for those crappy works

do you both never had that feeling that you can do a better job if you were in the shoes of some other person that has no talent but they have better self esteem and will?
>>
>>34575857

Original thought provoking ideas don't make money. Everyone wan't the same trite spoon fed to them.

Make sure not to miss The Lego Batman Movie on February 9
>>
>>34575916

Actually no, usually when I envy someone for their success I can easily see what they are doing right, and what they are doing better than me. It just makes me wanna work harder.
>>
>>34575142
thats stupid, if you publish anything on the internet nobody will officially publish it later, except for memes or comics, i writte film scrypts and novelletes, but yeah ive written comic memes in order to gain attention for something but if i publish them nobody will gave a shit, i have no social medias or money for bote or publicity
>>
>>34575025
You're clearly just delusional anon, almost every comedian started off broke and stayed broke for the bdginning of their career, if you were publishing anything worth paying attention too you would get noticed. So either you just aren't making an effort to get your material out or you are just trash and have an unwarranted superiority complex like Elliot Roger.
>>
>>34575964
>make a joke project that is a pretty thinly veiled parody of a popular capeshit trilogy
>"that was some funny stuff kid, and plus it's so 'in' right now everybody will love it!"
the more I talk to the old jews who run this game the more I think I should have listened to my dad and became a mechanic.
>>
>>34575025

>I'm better than everyone but no one notices

If you were talented people would notice you, so obviously you aren't.
>>
>>34576001
not op but then how is that you are still a loser if you have learned so much all these years? what can you learn from pewdiepie except for be cute and socially accepted? what is he doing better than you?
>>
>>34576044
This. Do you realize how many scripts struggling screenwriters submit? No offense OP, but there's a million of you in both New York and L.A.
>>
>>34576044
>if you were publishing anything worth paying attention too you would get noticed.
says who? im pretty sure plenty of good writers, poets, philosophers, what have you, have died unknown.
>>
>>34576110

I never said I was a loser, I'm pretty content with my place in life.

>what can you learn from pewdiepie except for be cute and socially accepted? what is he doing better than you?

Well for one, you a fool to think you can even compete with pewdiepie. If your goal in life is to be "famous" then you have already fucked up. Find something you like doing, and if you enjoy your work and do it well, success will come.
>>
>>34576176
OP needs to realize that there's a difference between doing what you're passionate about and being gainfully employed from doing it. Doesn't always work out that way.
>>
>>34576001

This.

I'm a neuroscience student with a little freelance writing business. I know I have a ways to go before I'd ever try publishing a novel or short story. However, I'm attentive to how words are used and can appreciate literary devices and plot constructs in books, movies, and television series. Seeing how great minds create great products gives me inspiration to continue improving.

>>34575025

That aside, sort of feel, although I recognize that whatever potential I've wasted is due to my own laziness and inhibitions.

I scored in the 99th percentile on the Reading and English sections of the ACT. I was also above average in Mathematics and Science. If I hadn't let bullying get the better of me and had graduated high school with above a 3.00, I would have gotten a full ride scholarship to the University of Michigan. Instead, I had to do two years at community college before transferring to another program.

I've achieved a fair amount since turning twenty-ish but am still not living up to my own standards. That's entirely my fault and I own it - even if I sometimes see "stupid" people driving better cars than me or having better jobs than me, I still appreciate the work they put in to get to where they are.

One of my best friends is in medical school and has told me a few times that I'm smarter than him. The difference between us is that he's fantastic at focusing his energies and concentration towards achieving goals; I'm not. At least in my mind, that means that I have a long way to go before catching up to my buddy. Just because I have a handful of scrubby talents doesn't mean I'm any good at anything, at least until I find a way to overcome my failings and psychological hang-ups.
>>
>>34575341
whats your name/band name? also not op but i believe he is talking about not having any audience or support (you know some famous musicians started playing for their friends in parties and meeting people) that is true, you obviously have will and confidence if you did all that, nobody listen to my stuff on bandcamp so i deleted, i don't feel like a label will sign me if non person over the internet is interested on me(except for tiny labels that suck up artists to fill their catalog)
>>
Hey OP, post ideas, I am interested. Doesnt matter if it is comedy or film/book scenario, absolutly whatever you feel like sharing with us.
Thanks!
>>
>>34576111
i didnt said im the only one, thats why i asked who else, maybe i over reacted but i know from the heart that somebody that makes a film about zombies fighting fascists and get to tour over Europe with that
>>
>>34576247

>whats your name/band name?

I'm actually terrified of telling people on this board what the label is because I'd be horrified if anyone one from any of my other social media platforms found out I post here.

>but i believe he is talking about not having any audience or support (you know some famous musicians started playing for their friends in parties and meeting people)

Ah ok I get that. But that kinda goes back hand in hand with just getting out there and working at it. After my first year on twitter I befriended another (quite popular) label owner who sorta helped me get my name out there. It wasn't much but it did help. So there really is something to be said for gritting your teeth and putting those time and effort into networking.
>>
Soooo, you're actually just garbage and think your material is somehow better than 80% of the country? There is a reason you don't get noticed you fucking sperg. It's easy to think something you created is the best due to inherent bias, but anyone who isn't retarded knows that. I bet you're shit but just too autistic to realize.
>>
>>34576327
i mean, i know that if i had his money and self esteem i would be doing a lot better stuff but im just here watching anime and writting stuff that would probably never see the light do my lake of will
>>
>come up with graphic novel story I've been thinking about and fleshing out for years better than any modern capeshit
>too lazy to draw it
>even if i did would get like 3 hits and 1 fan after all the effort while some numale jew chad can just paint a blank canvas a solid colour and become a millionaire
wow just wow time to become a normie wage cuck delusions of grandeur shattered
>>
>>34576356
Oh so you're just lying.

>I can't tell you because *insert autistic excuse*

You're literally the worst
>>
>>34575025
I just watched the new Resident Evil so I know this feel, I could have written a better screenplay srsly baka
>>
>>34576406
this is i was talking about, it may be a selfish thinking but that is how i feel sometimes, not having confidence or will can sure fuck your life, succes is mostly about doing something and not necesarily be talented
>>
File: checkem.png (451KB, 849x477px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
451KB, 849x477px
>>34576418

actually I'm not, here is my backlog of cassettes and CDs that haven't sold yet
>>
>>34575025
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters, comedians, musicians, actors, filmmakers of my country
Fastest way to spot someone that's actually bad at what they do.

>>34575043
>isn't that just a failed normie?
yes
>>
>>34576356
are you a robot or just a tourist? because even Britney Spears could come here and tell us all we have no excuse for not being rich and famous, all of us have an excuse, also OP talk about writting scrypts, is not like you can sell that , you need to go to college and have a formation
>>
File: Shuji_Moriya.png (900KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
Shuji_Moriya.png
900KB, 1300x731px
>>34575025
OP you remind me of this guy

"WAHHHH I ONLY WANT ATTENTION, I DONT REALLY LIKE DOING WHAT I DO. PLEASE NOTICE ME WAHHHHHH. IM BETTER THAN HIM BUT PUT IN LESS EFFORT THAN HIM WHY WONT U NOTICE ME WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>34576665

>are you a robot or just a tourist?

tourist, I used to lurk here alot but today is the first day I've actually started posting here

>even Britney Spears could come here and tell us all we have no excuse for not being rich and famous, all of us have an excuse

I'm not rich, I'm not famous, I'm a wagecuck who has a hobby who is moderately successful at it. There are lots and lots of reasons for people not finding even a small but of success, and shittily enough luck is one of them. Sometimes you can do everything right and still go nowhere. That's just how it goes. I just managed to start doing this at the right place, and right time, in the right social circle.

>OP talk about writting scrypts, is not like you can sell that , you need to go to college and have a formation

Yeah that's 100% right, I was just trying to relate to OP in the best way I could. What I took most issue with is the "Im 80% better than-" shit. Case in point, I know I'm just AVERAGE at what I'm doing because there are people who started labels at the same time as me who are doing alot better. There is something to be said for humility. For all we know OP acts like a total ass when people turn his stuff down.
>>
>not doing art for arts sake with your available resources
>>
File: 1471220246709.jpg (33KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471220246709.jpg
33KB, 315x315px
>>34576737
>>34576809
Sorry can't live off mom and dad's money forever kiddos. Can't spend 10 hours a day drawing if it's not going to pay the bills
>>
File: ahah.png (89KB, 882x667px) Image search: [Google]
ahah.png
89KB, 882x667px
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of writters
show me your book
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of comedians
tell me your jokes
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of musicians
let me hear your songs
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of actors
show me your play
>i have more talent and better ideas than 80% of filmmakers
show me your film
>>
>>34576809

I can't fucking stand shit like "I make music for me!" "I make art for myself!"

Fuck that, everyone who creates on some sort of level wants to be recognised for it.

If they 100% truely didn't want any sort of recognition for it, they would never show anyone let alone post it on the internet
>>
>>34576839
>hur 10 horus a day huhu im retarded

you heard it here first people. if you want to do something you either do it for 10 hours a day everyday or you just dont do it at all.

now if youll excuse me, ill contonue browsing this imageboard for the next 8.5 hours. good day.
>>
>>34576557
>cassettes and CDs that haven't sold yet
>yet

:)
>>
>>34576839

Your attempt at snarkiness only reveals your ineptitude.

If it is that important to you, you will find time for it. Otherwise, just fuck off.

Obviously you have time to shitpost, but you can't find time for the hobby that you love?

15 minutes here. 10 minutes there. Shaving off an hour of sleep. Working while you eat your breakfast. It all adds up.

Fuck off. You aren't worth shit and you'll always be nothing with that attitude.
>>
File: 4G6WgZ9.jpg (65KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
4G6WgZ9.jpg
65KB, 550x535px
>>34576938

this actually made me smile

thanks anon :)
>>
>>34576886

Kafka. Salinger.

Art for art sake is the sign of an ubermensch.

That being said, I don't mean to bash vanity and ego, but don't proclaim you're some great unrecognized artist when all you want is fame. You're a whore at best.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.