[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have empathy for obese people? I think it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

Anyone else have empathy for obese people?

I think it's a product of one's environment, genetics, and depression doesn't help a bit.

Any of you overweightbots trying to lose weight thru exercise or dieting this year? I need some support I can't stop binge eating to quell the sadness
>>
>>34569656
I only hate the ones who claim that they're doing everything in their power to not be obese when they clearly aren't. The ones that just fully accept it are usually always fun to be around.
>>
>>34569676
Hit the nail on the head there, friendo.
>>
I find obese/fat people fucking disgusting and find it hard to empathise with them. Not getting fat is as simple as just eating less.
>>
>>34569656
I have a deeply rooted hate for obese people because I was poor and starving all the time. These people are an insult to the human race and I hope you fucking learn what real hunger is you fat pig.
>>
>>34569656
>genetics
>genetics
>genetics
time to get off that fat ass and kill yourself
>>
I'm currently still pretty chunky, but it's entirely my fault and I'm fixing it
>>
I don't hate them but I do use them as motivation to not give into every temptation for food I get and keeps me lifting.

My mum is fat so any time I see a fat woman I'm reminded of my mum so I cannot be physically attracted to them. Thin girls are all I see as physically attractive. I wonder if my mum was thin If that means I'd only be attracted to fatties.
>>
>>34569721
The poorest people in Australia have the highest obesity rates
>>
My main problem is eating at night. It's like my brain goes on autopilot and I make so many excuses for myself.

>I'm going to be up for a long time anyway
>An extra couple hundred calories won't hurt
>Losing weight wouldn't make much difference anyway

Plus I have to be hyperstimulated at all times to keep myself from dwelling on my frustrations, and eating helps toward that.
>>
Only the males, maybe. Female obese people are worthless throughout.
>>
>>34569656
>Anyone else have empathy for obese people?

>Is fat himself

Just fix your fucking problems. You disgust me. I understand why Spacey killed the sloth sinner in Se7en now.
>>
Disgusting and self-destructive, en par with cutting or heroin.
>>
>>34569813
The other two i can understand, but
>An extra couple hundred calories won't hurt
Do you even math, nigga?
>>
>>34569656
do keto, you will lose a lot very quickly
>>
>>34569721
You're barking up the wrong tree.

Fat people usually aren't rich. They can't afford healthy food and garbage food is the cheapest "hobby" you can have besides TV.
>>
no i don't feel bad for them at all. i can understand being a bit overweight, but fat? no. that takes years and years and years of shoving shit down your fucking throat
>>
>>34569804
If you're fat, you're not poor. Don't give me that decadent, degenerate bullshit. You're poor if you're starving, living on maybe 200 calories a day.
>>
>>34569712
I just don't understand how thin people can eat so little. A couple years ago I lost 60 pounds in the span of eight months, but I felt hungry and tired and grumpy nearly all the time. Eventually it became unbearable and I gained it all back.
>>
>>34569870
It' not that hard to not be a piece of shit
>>
>>34569835
I don't count my calories precisely because it doesn't seem like something I can keep doing for the rest of my life. Again it's an excuse that I know better not to make during the day.
>>
>>34569870

You just eat as much as you need to power your body, a bit less if you wanna lose weight. Eventually your stomach gets used to the amount of food you're eating, and your brain does too. I lost around 80 pounds or so by doing fuckloads of cardio and not eating much, then when I set my sights on building muscle I had to train myself to eat again. It was hard for me to eat two eggs initially.
>>
>>34569839
>Can't afford healthy food

Healthy food is not synonymous with expensive organic nu-age food.

Perhaps there's a different pattern with being poor and being fat. Bad judgement and impulse control, I would wager.
>>
Well when your mother raised you on fuckinng McDonald's and pies, you're already off to a pretty fucked start. Luckily I've started to cut down serverly on shit food. I'm mostly sticking to grain, cereals, milk and fish but it doesn't help that my mother keeps buying me shit like KFC considering I'm living off her income and food. People raised skinny have no idea how hard it is slimming down when you were screwed from the get go. I don't get to choose my parents and they sure as fuck don't give give me any influence whatsoever over what they buy. I would move out but employers don't nessssarly like massive gaps in resumes
>>
>>34569928
My stomach still wasn't used to it after almost a year.
>>
>>34569804

Because poor and fat people tend to be stupid, so it overlaps.
>hurr I cant afford water, rice, tuna and salads
>so Im forced to buy $ 10 meals at McDonalds, milkshakes, alcohol, soda, sweets and chips.
>>
>>34569850
Poor (i.e. on welfare, not homeless) Americans are usually fat. Its cheaper to get a meal at McDonald's than it is to eat a healthy alternative. They're also lazy so exercise is out of the question. Being poor and fat is a never ending cycle.
>>
>>34569982
i am poor and lazy as shit and i'm not fat

they just shove too much shit down their throats until their stomach is bursting
>>
>>34569982
Well, let's just put it like this: I hope they die
>>
There seems to be this idea on /r9k/ that if you admit the odds are stacked against the obese, you're a HAES nutcase.

The whole idea of 4chan is a meritocracy of ideas, that no matter who you are, if you present your case well, people will accept your ideas, but in reality this environment creates a very black and white picture of the world.
>>
>>34569953

My mother basically made my brother and I fat out of guilt. We were miserable children due to several circumstances, so she would buy us fatty fast food and chips and the like all the time to make us "feel better" and to ease her guilt. Essentially, she was forcing comfort eating onto us in order to comfort herself. My brother managed to lose the weight by dieting in his teens, but it took me until my late teens/early twenties to work my ass off and change my lifestyle.

>>34569955

You know you can eat lots of fruit and vegetables and nuts instead of other foods if you're hungry, right?
>>
>>34569850
Maybe in Africa.

Poor people in Western countries have TVs, washing machines and refrigerators. They are still poor.

Why? Because this is a leisure society. Your hobbies, your social standing etc... define who you are. Your individualism defines who you are.

It's hard to have hobbies or individualism if you are poor. You can't cook what you want. You can't travel where you want. You can't have hobbies that you want or make friends that you want.

Once a poor guy has money what should he spend it on? On tickets for a concert or junk food for an entire month?

>>34569964
Well it depends. Not all fat people are like that. I agree that people who are fat because they have money are disgusting. But this makes matters even worse for people who are really poor. Those don't want to be associated with the other fatties and try to not eat anything at all and end up in viscous starving/eating cycles.
>>
>>34570021
> fruits... nuts

Do you want the man to pack on even more weight? A couple handfuls of nuts and you're almost at your limit for the day..
>>
Losing weight is literally easier than gaining it. Just. Don't. Eat. Literally do not do anything and you will lose weight.
I got annoyed to getting called a skelly a few years ago and put a massive effort to try to eat more to gain weight. Managed to get from 65kg to little over 80kg in a few years. Then I got depressed around last christmas and dropped it all in a few months.
>>
>>34570021
My mother made me a fucking scrapbin. Oh you don't want the rest of that? Give it to anon. If I didn't eat all of my food, I'm being wasteful and ungrateful. I'm sick of takeaways, I've had a hard day and don't want to cook.
>>
>>34570051

You're right, but nuts are also super filling. I'd recommend vegetables over nuts and fruit, though.
>>
>>34569656
>I need some support I can't stop binge eating to quell the sadness

I was weirded out in the first part of the post where you were trying to justify them, glad to know you're a lardass too. Now everything makes sense.

>>34569676
Pretty much this, if you're fine with your own body or are actually working to fix your problem I'm fine with you. Otherwise you just need to shut up.
>>
>>34570064
It's hard to fight constant hunger. You're going against a basic biological urge. It's like always needing to piss but forcing yourself not to.
>>
>>34569982
Sure, they're really stressing out over the fact that they "can't afford a healthier alternative." You sound like someone who has never been around a lot of poor, or even slightly poor, people.
>>
Love how triggered all the skinny robots are from over overeating. Being fat is great, I'm lovin' it!
>>
>>34570138
Just make sure you don't have money to spend on food. Poverty is honestly the best way to fight hunger. That, and amphetamines.
>>
File: 1485682512127.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485682512127.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>34570180
At least I know you'll die of a heart attack at a young age.
>>
>>34569656
Skinnyfag here but I definitely have sympathy for them after thinking about it. If they're working a 9 to 5 it can be hard to find the time to work out without completely selling themselves out to society's standards which gives them little free time to do things they actually want.
>>
I have sympathy for fat kids. They can't help their parents encouraging shitty diets. Plus they tend to be outcasts.
>>
>>34569656
240 lbs right now. Eating less bread/pasta and more vegetables: broccoli, spinach, green beans, avocado. Also only eating between noon and 8pm every day. Still living pretty sedentary, but when it gets warmer, I want to get up an hour earlier and go to the gym before work.

People say I look like I've been slimming down a little bit, but I don't think it's true because I don't feel it in my waistband. Keeping up on the effort though.
>>
>>34570198
Tough when I live with my fat parents.
>>
>>34570282
Throw their money in a pond
>>
>>34569656
yeah its tough man. just int he past few months, i get super hungry late at night, like arounf 11pm, and have to go to taco bell or mcdonalds drive through and get $20 worth of food and a chocolate shake, and just binge right before going to bed. its such a bad habit. ive gained so much weight, but i cant help myself.
>>
>food is an addiction
I fucking hate this meme
>>
>>34570346
Faggot. I hope you die a slow and painful death
>>
>>34570145
I lived near the airport in Atlanta for 12 years.

And I never implied they think about eating healthy. They know fast-food is cheap so I doubt they consider an alternative often.
>>
>>34570138
how the fuck are you always hungry?
>wake up, don't eat anything because, don't feel like it
>12:00, bit hungry, usually eat a sandwich and drink water
>18:00 eat maybe some snacks, nuts, etc
>21:00 pack of ramen
that's about what I eat in a day and I eat only when I get hungry
>>
>>34570420
My stomach begins to rumble if I go like four hours without eating something substantial.
>>
Former fatshit bot here. Was on my way to 300 and one day it clicked in my head to just stop. Im around 230 now but still going strong.
>>
>>34570404
you should feel sorry for us fat people. why? because i have literally no reason to lose weight, im unlovable, ive no friends, no gf, its like i have no reason or motivation for self improvement, and no one in life who cares to motivate me to better myself.
>>
>>34569656
no I hate fat people

I've been skinny my whole life, but then one day I got very sick and I was on meds for a a year which made me gain weight. I was the heaviest and fattest I've ever been (although still in a healthy BMI range) and realized "uh oh this is bad I should stop this".

So I fixed my diet and started exercising a lot and eventually was off the meds and the fat was gone.

It was hard work but not impossible. Fats are just lazy, obnoxious, and lack self awareness.
>>
Nope. Back when I was really depressed and started stress eating, I noticed myself getting chubby and stopped because I'm not a pig with no self control.
>>
>>34569676
Just curious, how fit are you? It's probably harder to lose 100 pounds than it is to get fit as a skinny guy
>>
my mom raised me on fast food and soda. we did not drink water. we drank liter after liter of dr. pepper. she did not cook, except for rare occassions, so she either fed me frozen pizzas, chef boyardee, or fast food. when she got me fast food at something like 11 years old, she would get me adult meals, supersized, extra large soda, and a large extra side of fries. she saw nothing wrong feeding this to a child.

i lost some weight when i gained some self-awareness at 14, but was still fat. she continued to buy me food throughout teenage years, until i got a job at around 17-18. i was also homeschooled, so had no opportunity for school lunches or any sort of education about food. around 18 i started buying my own food, and lost a lot of weight and was at a fairly normal weight.
she started accusing me of being anorexic and constantly bought me fast food and shamed me into thinking i was starving myself and was mentally damaged in some form. she would also complain that i was able to be skinny and still eat junk food (because, occasionally, when i had the house to myself i would have nachos or something). i think this was some weird mother-daughter competition bullshit where she was jealous, bc she was fat an undesirable to men, so she tried to warp me into thinking i was unhealthily skinny (when i was still on the heavier side of average).

eventually i gained it back because i had no friends, no desire to do anything, no hobbies, and stopped giving a fuck about myself, wanted to suicide, etc. around 22, but never went back into obese-land like i had been as a child/teenager. now i'm just sorta fat. but fuck, i love food.
>>
>>34570614
do you feel no shame when you go outside for clogging up public space with your fat ass?
>>
>>34570753
This is the real problem. Uneducated parents raise their kids this way and like to claim "oh, he just a big boy!" I never fucking asked to be big. Parents neglect their children's needs and stuff their faces with chemical loaded food. My mother has been feeding fucking chicken nuggets and chocolate eggs to my sister for her childhood. But do I blame my sister? No, it's the parents fault
>>
>eating 1500cals a day to lose weight
>haven't pooped in 3 days

what is this
>>
>>34570879
she also virtually never took me to a dentist. when i got health insurance through my job around 18-19, i went and they were absolutely appalled. the back sides of my teeth were BLACK, likely from years of drinking soda.
she never pushed me to brush my teeth either. i don't really remember her even buying me a tooth brush except for very early childhood.
>>
>>34570895
are you drinking enough water?
are you eating fiber-ful foods?
>>
>>34569656
My feelings both before and after my engorging are pretty much the same as >>34569676. You shouldn't feel bad for obese people, no matter how much they claim otherwise, it's 100% our own fault. Nevertheless, you shouldn't be mean to them either, if they have done nothing to you... but that's a general life rule, not an obese-people one.

After my last girlfriend committed suicide on 2015's new years' eve, I started gaining weight. I'm 181 cm. tall. I went from 85 kg. (187 lbs.) on November 2015 to 162 kg. (356 lbs) on January 2nd, 2017. I doubled my weight in a single year. I decided to start losing weight, so I shed garbage like bread and sodas. I'm at 156 kg. right now, it's not much, but I want to go slow. I'm not exercising yet because I'm afraid my joints might get messed up and I can't afford to go to a swimming pool weekly. It's very hard, mostly because food became my respite and joy and because I have zero motivation to be healthy. I lost interest in life a decade ago.
>>
>>34570975

yes
i'm eating chicken, rice and bacon, so probably not. i don't feel bloated at all though
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.