[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does advertising work on normies? How can someone sit down

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ads.jpg (1MB, 3664x2455px) Image search: [Google]
ads.jpg
1MB, 3664x2455px
Why does advertising work on normies? How can someone sit down and look at an ad without thinking to themselves:

"hm, maybe the fact that this has an advertising budget means that they have to bump up the price over what is really needed to make a profit... Maybe I should buy the knockoff brand because they don't have to spend money to raise their perceived value?"

It's like their brains don't work like they should.
>>
>>34569275
I always think that advertising doesn't work on me and I lose respect for people that just consume everything but then I also hear from people in marketing and advertising that everyone believes it never works on them but it always does so I don't know what's right or not.
>>
>>34569309
Either way the companies still make a huge profit, it's probably based on the brand- but you can't build a brand without public interaction and advertising. Advertising is a clusterfuck of luck and manipulating stupid peoplee
>>
>>34569275
When there's too many brands to choose from, people are likely to choose one they are familiar with. It's generally not supposed to make you instantly leave the house and by the specific product.
>>
>>34569366
>stupid people

Nah if it doesn't work on you you're just not their target demographic. If you see an ad for something that's up your alley, you're going to be thinking of that product some time in the future. Or can you honestly say you've never had an inkling of a craving for a given fast food after seeing an ad for it?
>>
>>34569275
advertising isn't a sure sign of a lousy product. I mean if you made a product that's actually good you'd still have to advertise it.

But advertisements are not aimed at us anyway. We're not in the "target demographic" for anything except JList. Mostly they target people's psychology (dick enlargement, busty single girls...) or their sentimentality (gifts to buy for your gf/wife/kids)

We've already ascertained there's nothing to help our issues and we have no one to buy gifts to so we're ad-proof
>>
>>34570078
I have legitimately never seen an advert and then gone "hmm, wow that looks good"

Food on adverts always looks horrible and i know it isnt real food anyway (they use plastic fake food because it looks nicer on a lot of adverts).
Drink adverts, well, what am i even supposed to think? Its just a bottle. I only drink water anyway.
I dont trust film adverts and rarely watch films anyway because you cant exactly go to the cinema by yourself, i cant pirate on uni internet, im not willing to buy films and most films suck anyway.
The only video games which advertise are horseshit from EA and the like. Even if an advert looks ok id bet money its not representative of the real game.

What else even advertises? Cars? Im not a saudi prince who buys a new car every thursday. If i am going to buy a car its going to be 2nd hand anyway. Insurance? I dont have any since im a brit i dont need health insurance, i dont have a car and i rent. If i was going to get some you can bet id spend ages researching that shit and not pick just because "uhuuh ive heard of directline so ill pick them".

Advertisements are there to spread brand awareness, this is certainly true. However, i think they arent effective on most young people because we dont watch TV and stuff like the older generations did. With the internet its much easier to find out about what youre interested in rather than only knowing about what is advertised. Theyre a holdover from the television generation and im convinced theyre dying alongside it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.