[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I find music that I've never heard before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1475186254250.png (122KB, 1000x786px) Image search: [Google]
1475186254250.png
122KB, 1000x786px
How the fuck do I find music that I've never heard before and stop being such an uncultured pleb? I'm not looking for a specific genre, time period, or anything like that

I'm tired of feeling embarrassed whenever someone asks me about my musical taste.
>>
try /mu/
>>
>>34565344
Just browse random artists in random genres by using a music website. Or try using Pandora. It's pretty shit with the amount of ads, but you still get music you may not have heard of.
>>
>>34565344
>>34565411

There's a good /mu/core chart with recommendations in different genres. Would post it but larger than max filesize, just search mucore on google images though and you'll see it.
>>
File: 05489792.png (5KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
05489792.png
5KB, 213x237px
>Make music thread here
>Everyone just posts some pessimistic hipster trash
>>
>>34565344
listen to drum and bass and bare witness to genius craft

do not listen to liquid dnb
>>
>>34565344
>make new youtube account
>start liking all the music you usually listen to
>don't watch other stuff on that account
>try the things that youtube brings you
>subscribe to channels that consistently put out stuff you like
>read comment sections on things you like and see what other people recommend

It's working well for me anyway.
>>
>>34565344
Go back 4 years and try vaporwave
>>
dublab.com

Plays dj sets that are a huge variety of music. Some of it can be annoying but it always gets better.

Curated music is better than crowd picked.
>>
last.fm or warez websites like israbox.life ; intmusic.net.
>>
Listen to classical, the masters.
Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Wagner
>>
>>34565344
SoundCloud my good sir
>>
>>34565566

Only acceptable answer in this thread
>>
>>34565566
To this day I cringe about how I tried to impress my classmates saying I listen to classical music.
>>
>>34565344
don't

eurobeat 24/7 is all you need
>>
some of my fave artists: the clash, simon and garfunkel, lou reed, velvet underground, ariel pink, OMD, alvvays, belle and sebastian, depeche mode, the smiths, elliot smith, joy division, lowlife, mf doom, my bloody valentine, neil young, new order, the people under the stairs, radiohead, slowdive, smashing pumpkins, steely dan, talking heads, tears for fears, u2, weezer, xtc, gorillaz, tupac, sonic youth, smokey robinson and the miracles, the pixies, modest mouse, the kinks, jurassic 5, the beatles, the beach boys, bob dylan.
>>
>>34565623
this

unironically

poop
>>
>>34565507
This. I found a lot of cool deep cuts through YT suggestions.
>>
>>34565344
go on youtube and search for "latest hits" or some shit

click on the playlist, the one for the last week of january is up
>>
>>34565663
Will try these out, ty anon
>>
>>34565344
Ask other people for recs, listen to radio programs. For the latter you have to find a program that talks about the genre you're interested in, for example some guys at my uni hosted a Metal podcast and I got some obscure recs that were great
>>
>>34566123
>other people
very funny
>>
>>34566234
I asked my dad once, but yeah that could be a problem. Looking for a genre in particular?
>>
>>34566266
not OP, also:
>I'm not looking for a specific genre
>>
Just tell everybody you enjoy listening to Harmonizator edits of random YT videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6sqTdE6--U
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHiodF7eNrA

Russian death metal themed around Warhammer is the absolute best.
>>
i started with
random youtube (unpopular,or minor music genre)

bandcamp is also recommended
download music at rutracker or PT
>>
>>34565344
rateyourmusic and last.fm

and /mu/ of course
>>
find a musician that you like, then research their influences, listen to those artists. go down the rabbit hole, eventually you'll have a "taste" in music. my personal band of choice was ween, but they're not for everyone.

a "taste" in music is not something that most people develop over night, don't try too hard to force it.
>>
>>34565566
>mozart
Absolute garbage (taste).
>>
>>34565344
Only underaged faggots care about music, when you grow up no one gives a shit also KYS
>>
>>34565344
spotify playlists

bandcamp recommendations

last.fm

/mu/
>>
>>34565500
Which category would dieselboy belong to, dubsanon?
>>
>>34565588
Yep. same here. that's some horrible cringe once you realize how transparent your intentions were
>>
File: IMG_0282.jpg (56KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282.jpg
56KB, 818x503px
>>34565566
>wagner
>master
ok buddy :^)
>>
>>34565344
here try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd1X_6H8r18

like it - dislike it

whatever
>>
I listen to tropical house nowadays. Comfy as fuck. You've probably heard of Kygo, similar to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_VhcK_voBY
>>
Some weird cool shit here

https://bedlamtapes.bandcamp.com/
>>
Just browse /mu/ and lurk. No musician or band is safe from criticism so don't even worry about what people's opinions are about bands, unless it's 21 pilots. Sage those
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.