[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Posting your personal info on the Internet was once considered

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Posting your personal info on the Internet was once considered one of the worst things you could do online

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
Corporations realized there is money to be made with personal information so they just started to ask for it.
>>
No, people are attention whores. They want their name under everything, they want recognition, they want to be noticed, and they think their life is interesting. Almost nobody can accept the fact that they're not special.
>>
>>34563482
I think you're entirely wrong I think there's nothing that's more important to the government than a person's information or more importantly what's going on in their mind what's that saying they have " every conversation every time all the time" as far as surveillance is concerned
>>
>>34562850
Im not sure about this. In the late 90s so many people had their own private webpage where they shared their hobbies and interests. I dont think it changed that much.
Of course people didnt want you to post personal stuff online because you were a kid. People still dont want their kids to do all the stuff they are doing nowadays.
>>
It's still one of the worst things you could do online, but either you do it or you're out of most of the current social system, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your choices, preferences and circumstances. There's still people out there without Facebook and with fake data in their e-mail accounts.
>>
>>34563482
didn't happen until >>34563405 started making money with it and governments got hip to the fact that this is a great avenue for surveillance.
>>
The internet became massive.

Back then there were not so many people using the internet, so if your personal info was online you'd be a really easy target to fuck with. Lonely streets are more dangerous than crowded places. Nowadays the internet is more crowded than any physical place you can find.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.