[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reddit really that bad? I think they get a bit of a bad rap

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: your brain on reddit.jpg (61KB, 534x395px) Image search: [Google]
your brain on reddit.jpg
61KB, 534x395px
Is reddit really that bad? I think they get a bit of a bad rap here and I know it's a meme to hate on them or whatever but I think reddit is pretty fucking funny and has a lot of informative posts. It's like 4chan but more streamlined. Why the hate?
>>
HAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAAAAAAA AAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAA
>>
>>34561052
Get out.............NOW.....GET OUT!!!!!
>>
File: 1484175848858.jpg (200KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1484175848858.jpg
200KB, 717x880px
>>34561052
then if you like it that much stay on your site you fucking normieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
echo chamber, just like this place kind of is, amongst other things.

a lot of people here hate it simply because they were told to hate it.
>>
REDDIT IS FOR FAGGOTS NOW GTFO THIS BOARD REEEEEEEE
>>
>>34561052
It's informative but the humor and autism is beyond cringeworthy. As are the passive aggressive comments and quarrels
>>
>>34561052
Reddit mod here, I'm locking this thread because I'm a baby that can't handle opinions that differ from my own. All of these vitriolic posts are too much for my bleeding heart to handle. Trump is literally Hitler.
>>
Reddit is scary. Not only do you have to make an acconut but you can see someone's post history just right out there in the open? What's up with that.
>>
>>34561052
it's the pretentiousness we all hate
some subs have very high quality content in various subjects and provide nice discussions you probably can't find on 4chan, but most of that site is after all comprised of pretentious retards
>>
>>34561052
>terrible layout
4chan has a terrible layout too, but 4chanX largely fixes it.

>massive echo chamber
4chan is an echo chamber to some extent, but if you want to discuss something controversial and disagree with the chamber's opinion, your post will not be hidden or deleted beacuse it's controversial. Quite the opposite, it'll be highlighted due to the (You)s you get.

>fractured
Basically the same reason infinitychan sucks, too. This is also kind of the only benefit of Reddit though. It has good content for niche subjects.

>not anonymous
Names being tagget on to your posts allows someone to use generic fallacies to argue against you as a person instead of your argument.

>censored
New SJW owner shutting down subreddits that aren't PC enough.

>shadow bans
This is probably a robot's worst nightmare. You won't be able to tell you're banned, but no one can see your posts. A way to silence someone without them knowing they've been silenced. The only thing you as a person notice is that no one ever replies to you. Just like real life.
>>
Reddit is great for niche things. If you have a hobby, there is likely some nerds out there you can share it with.

For instance, I'm on the science subreddit quite often. It's nice to talk biochem shop with others.
>>
>>34561100
>just like this place kind of is
>this place kind of is
>kind of is
This place shows up in the dictionary under echo chamber
>>
>>34561209
had i said that, people wouldve disagreed for not acknowledging the fact that there are a lot of normies here.

but yes, this place is an echo chamber.
>>
No, it is not -original-
>>
Some faqs are alright, but the general community is shit and I can't stand the site's awful design.
>>
File: black-iron-tarkus-large.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
black-iron-tarkus-large.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>>34561100
You know what? No fuck you.

I heard about it back in 2012 when I was obsessed with Dark Souls. That was when they found it and it became
>lmao so hard xD
But I gave them a chance. I thought maybe they'd be fun to play with.

Nope that shit is cancer. They tried to make it competitive with min/maxing, pvp etiquette, and all sorts of other shit.

Meanwhile I'd invade and do chameleon or ring of fog with a +5 occult knofe and hide until they ran past me. Then they made threads about why you should just dc.

THEN THEY FUCKING PROMOTED THAT STUPID MOD TOOL.

>omg you're not bowing so here's my 9999999 damage crystal sword
>wew you're ganking have karmic justice

And then the online died because that became the thing to do.

No. Ever since then I've hated reddit. I've gone back a couple times with low expectations and still manage to leave disappointed. I hate everything about that site and everything it promotes. Fuck that.
>>
File: 1484554528583.jpg (33KB, 629x505px) Image search: [Google]
1484554528583.jpg
33KB, 629x505px
>>34561433
do you still play darksouls? im playing demon souls darksouls 1 again on ps3
>tfw ds1 is 6 years old
>>
>>34561433
I play a niche strategy game, matches often last a few months.
The /vg/ group is filled with propaganda against other players and everyone is ruthless as hell, and it's fun.
The reddit group is a bunch of pussy faggots discussing whether breaking agreements is bad sportsmanship, and blacklists people for being mean.
>>
>>34561475
Little brother owns ps3 so I can't play on that, pretty sure xbox live is dead on 360, and I haven't installed it on ny new pc.

I got so upset that hackers actually ruined the game (oh and dark souls 2 having amazing concept art and apparently being superior but going through developmental abortion and becoming the letdown of the decade, seriously I hyped that shit so hard while browsing the concept art) that I haven't touched the game in years.

But I'm sure depression also factors into that since I also don't watch anime, movies, or even read books.

>>34561500
I have gone on souls gen a couple time and kind of got that reddit vibe so I left it (this was after dksII when it became "mainstream").

/vg/ can be alright though. Definitely better than /v/.
>>
>>34561181
Dude I fucking love le science! For science xD
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.