[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my personality changes on a day to day basis and i don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1484330939238.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1484330939238.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
my personality changes on a day to day basis and i don't know how to make it fucking stop.
>>
>>34554675
What were you today OP?
>>
>>34554675
Psychologist is the only way
>>
>>34554684
>What were you today OP?

Twisted fucking psychopath
>>
File: 1484087183603.png (329KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1484087183603.png
329KB, 555x555px
>>34554684
half the time i'm not even aware of it but it's like i'm in a state of constant cognitive dissonance, as if yesterday's thoughts were someone else's and i can't make sense of it. i felt like a nice person today while other days i'm completely different.

i'm a hikikomori and haven't left my house in a while so i wouldn't doubt that i'm going crazy.
>>
>>34554820
oh shit. might be depersonalization.
>>
>>34554820
get out of your fucking house

I don't care if it's to see a therapist or to stand uncomfortably in a park. Just remind yourself that other people exist.
>>
>>34554675
That's normal. No, I'm serious. The better your mirror neurons are the more variable you are. You're basically an anti-autist.

t. neurology student
>>
>>34556365
too bad your field of study is retarded and no one takes you seriously
>>
>>34556752
You're confusing it with psychology. Jung was right, Freud was a hack. I understand why most people have a problem with us.

My field can even prove objective morality.
>>
>>34556847

Why was Jung right but Freud wrong?
>>
>>34556847
prove it faggot orig
>>
>>34556965
His theses fit better into neurological models. Though it's rather experimental still, when I read a couple of papers it explained the brain-behaviour interface better.
>>34557035
You mean Jung or the morality part?
>>
Some philosophers believe that you a diferent person every time you wake up
>>
>>34557075
prove objective morality. e
>>
>>34557135
My humble person cannot post what I read right away because I didn't scan hem but let me tell you what you can find in any bigger library:

You know that emotions are based in hormones and electric signals in the brain, right? So we tracked the signals and the hormones to specific brain regions, It turns out all of our emotions have extremely similar reaction path ways (we're one species after all) but the neocortex density make the sensation.

The neocortex is the part which is your thinking, by the way. Most people believe their thinking is them, but they really should try not to think and simply be mindful of their surroundings.

But back on point: all emotions reacts the exact same way depending on the stimuli, no diferent between individuals, but the neocortex evaluates them variably pending on individual and thus the brain stem will react with the sympathicus.

tl;dr - what bothery you personally and what bothers your brain and body are two different things, and what bothers your brain and body is the exact same that bothers others' brains and bodies. Only schizzophrenia changes the pathway, otherwise emotions are genetically ingrained responses to external stimuli.

tl;dr of tl;dr - your mind is yours, how you feels emotions is in your mind, but emotions are the same for everyone. Morality is a codified system to keep our brains healthy.

tl;dr of tl;dr of tl;dr - emotions are genetic, your mind is individual.
>>
stop being a total faggot
>>
Not sure about the whole personality but I change my views and likings quite often. Sometimes I'm a Nazi, sometimes I'm a SJW. My music taste changes very often too.
>>
>>34557531
The neocortex controls more than just emotions and thoughts though, right? It controls intelligence too, no?
The brain is like a very complex, very interconnected machine that needs all it's gears to function properly and carry out two or three functions. Remove one gear, no matter how minuscule, and the entire machine breaks down.
>>
>>34554675
I'm a million different people from one day to the next" -le verve pipe.

Nothing wrong with being adaptive op
>>
File: jFJRL1c.jpg (49KB, 959x482px) Image search: [Google]
jFJRL1c.jpg
49KB, 959x482px
two personalities op?
>>
>>34557622
Yes. The neocortex is essentially your individual, but don't forget that the whole of the brain is the whole of your person. Your movement and sports activities lie in the cerebellum, how strong you feel emotions is mainly located in the amygdala, how well you can coordinate both body halves is the job of the corpus callosum, etc. It's a machine made up of stuff that's smaller than nanobots.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.