[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good job for someone who likes being outdoors

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Redwood_M_D_Vaden.jpg (169KB, 900x609px) Image search: [Google]
Redwood_M_D_Vaden.jpg
169KB, 900x609px
What's a good job for someone who likes being outdoors and in nature?
>>
woodland creature
>>
Park Ranger obv
>>
Game Warden but its kind of difficult to get the job
>>
>>34554635
Why not just skip the whole job thing and just become a forager? Learn to pick edible plants and mushrooms and your good to go
>>
File: witcher3wildhuntforest.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3wildhuntforest.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>>34554635
A Witcher is outside a lot
>>
>>34554635
A conservationist
>>
>>34554635
One that pays well so you can afford to spend more time in nature and even see the best the rest of the world has to offer.
>>
>>34554635

Mercenary

It pays alot
>>
join a conservation corps, most western states have them and will hire you without much experience needed

I did the nevada conservation corps and it was awesome. It's only a temporary americorps job and you only get paid minimum wage but it's a good stepping stone for better /out/ jobs

I got to chainsaw trees down all day but you can also do trail work instead
>>
>>34554972
That definitely makes the years of psychological scarring as a child and high chance of dying or becoming emotionless worth it
>>
>>34556150
Only really good answer in this thread. I spent last summer doing trail maintenance and shit. Great experience and a good way to get your foot in the door. Just don't expect to make much but you probably already know that.
>>
you could get a job as a scarecrow
>>
>>34554635
>Wildlife biologist/technician
>park ranger
>conservation officer
>>
none. the hiring freeze has put an end to outdoor work with the federal government. the usfs, blm and nps aren't hiring any longer. you might as well wait for all the public land to be privatized and then get a job as a logger or ranch hand for a billion dollar company.
>>
Put your hands up! Your growin that corn outta season!
>>
>>34557227
they hire lots of contractors, they'll just hire more to get their work done
>>
>>34557255
yeah but the memorandum states contractors can't be substituted for fed employees.
>>
>>34554635
Infantry
>>
>>34554972
tfw u will never be geralt and live in a small house with triss
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.