[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I hate being around my parents Why do I feel a significantly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 1484603972924.png (453KB, 500x500px)
1484603972924.png
453KB, 500x500px
Why do I hate being around my parents

Why do I feel a significantly higher sense of well-being and inner peace when they aren't home
>>
because it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again
>>
File: 1485846332278.png (85KB, 291x344px)
1485846332278.png
85KB, 291x344px
>>34551736
When my parents are around me, my chest becomes constricted and its difficult for me to breath and I cant function when Im around them and do things like study, esp. in the case of my mom

What did my parents do to me
>>
the pride they might have for you is wrapped up in expectations that you aren't exceeding or even meeting
but don't worry, they didn't do anything to help you so their pride is wrapped in farce
>>
>>34551815
stop projecting so hard when you speak to strangers on the internet
>>
>>34551736
Because you haven't left their nest to make your own yet. It's against your nature faggot
>>
File: 1485905427909s.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485905427909s.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>34551815
how do you know that

Can you explain why its not 100 percent my fault even though Im also copeable to an extant?

Yesterday I got into a shouting match with my mom (this happens a few times a week and she threatens to call the police to send me to the mental ward) then I called my uncle (my uncle hates my mom and refuses to speak to her and hasnt for 12 years) and he told me to minimize my contact with them because my parents dont understand me and they dont have the patience to deal with me and my mom's behaviour is destroying me and that she doesnt even understand herself
>>
i wonder if it is now uncommon for parents to feel love for their children
>>
>>34551979
i believe sometimes a bond is formed a spirutual level and i think that happens with parents and kids no matter what its just come people are hella fucked up and they unconsciously pass that down like it was passed down to them by their parents and so forth
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 185x104px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 185x104px
>>34551815
Their mistake was having kids with the (((expectation))) that their kids were going to make their friends jealous. My uncle did mention that they are upset that Im not the way that their friends' kids are. They deserve it for being selfish assholes. Fuck my parents, esp. my cunt mom
>>
>>34552018
are you the child of an addict desu?
>>
because you feel shame and judged by them; a source of disappointment for them.
>>
>>34551736
I don't know about dads but moms or rather all females have an innate ability to make males feel guilty. They know all the right buttons to push. That's probably why you hate being around your mom because she makes you feel guilty and nags at you, like all moms do. It evolved in females from them being unable to hunt and their survival existed on being able to pressure the men into doing things for them.
>>
File: 1475530072763.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1475530072763.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
I don't love my family

Why don't I love my family?
>>
File: hitler-in-crowd-nuremberg-1933.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hitler-in-crowd-nuremberg-1933.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>34552407
Dont know.....were they ever mean to you?
>>
>>34552407
>>34551736
stop this...

>feel so little
>>
>>34552500
My brother and sister tormented me and my dad always made me feel unwanted, but shouldn't I love my mother at the least?
>>
I genuinely can't tell the difference between the katakana for "n" and "so."
>>
i love my parents but on a measurable extent they fucked me up emotionally
my dad was/is an alcoholic with a lot of mental issues that he simply refuses to face
he would often explode at me as well as others in the family and it would make me feel like i wasn't allowed to be myself around other people. i was ridiculously insecure in my teenage years

anyways enough of the blogpost my point is being around your parents isn't for everyone. doesn't mean you have to cut them out of your life just change the way you involve them so they can't negatively affect it
>>
Sometimes I browse r9k to get some laughs, but this made me depressed a little.
What has the world done to our generation?
You will probably find it pathetic, but I feel for you anon, I'd even let you cry into my chest while I stroke your back and rest my chin on the top of your head.
>>
my parents are like those people that are friends with your best friend and you're forced to hangout with them but got nothing in common to talk about so you just stay quiet and wait for your friend to appear
>>
>>34551736
If you're fucked up it's like 50/50 genetics

There's a good chance your parents are also fucked up, resulting in you
>>
>>34551736
you're aware that you're a disappointment, so there is an anticipation of some kind of confrontation about your inadequacies.

That's why I moved out. Now I can hide my inadequacies behind a locked door that they have no key through.
>>
File: 1482190366500.jpg (32KB, 862x644px) Image search: [Google]
1482190366500.jpg
32KB, 862x644px
>>34551736
avoid parents because they either talk about
>looking for a job
>missing college
>condescending 'are you okay' questions
>getting angry at me because they think my lack of motivation is me thinking I'm better than everyone else

I DON'T WANT TO BE A SELF LOATHING WAGESLAVE LIKE YOU, JUST LET ME BE A HIKI GOD DAMMIT
>>
i feel the exact same way

it took me a very long time to realize i grew up in an extremely unstable/unhealthy household and the constant tension and feeling of unworthiness more or less has defined my character

ive spoken with people who feel the same. things usually get better when you move out

everything will be ok
>>
Who here /verbally abused by parents/
Am i a special snowflake for thinking this is an actual thing
>>
>>34554498
>Am i a special snowflake for thinking this is an actual thing
absolutely not. only if you complain about it instead of identifying the issue and working it out
>>
>>34554582
The only thing i think will solve it is moving out (which im planning on)
>>
File: 3-hitler.jpg (14KB, 324x205px) Image search: [Google]
3-hitler.jpg
14KB, 324x205px
>>34552786
You dont need to per say, but you should treat them with respect but limit your contact with them
>>
>>34554498
no, you arent dude
>>
>>34554644

see>>34554325

me too
>>
>18 yo Senior in high school
>currently have no skills or plans for the future
>have major trust/empathy issues due to my parent's easy to anger attitude
>assignments aren't due for a month but i'm still grounded until every one is done, shouldn't take too long but being bound like a slave for no reason is irritating
>Slowly losing all of my friends
>only thing that relaxes me at this point is vaporwave, fantasies of killing others and myself, and being appreciated when I play support in vidya
I have no future or drive to make my own
>>
>>34551736
I'm not up for psychoanalyze this one
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.