[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: 1464606858222.jpg (100KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1464606858222.jpg
100KB, 480x454px
>"okay anon, its your turn to give your class presentation"
>>
desu this is the one thing that didnt bother me as much as it did others

I just got so "in the zone" when doing presentations that I wasn't even myself. Half of the time I didn't even remember what I talked about when I was done.

Later I realized this is what normies feel like on a daily basis when working in total monotony, so I quit "normal" life
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>34548856
>"NO NO I WONT< IVE TAKEN SHIT FROM YOU PEOPLE FOR SO LONG! REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>34548856

>"H-hi my p-presentation is on anime..."
>>
>>34548856
>don't read from the presentation
>just say whatever comes to mind, even if its completely unrelated
example
>"could anon come up to the front and give his presentation?"
sure thing miss :)
>Presentation: microbes and infection
so today we're gong to be talking about the absurdity of gun laws in america
>what is a microbe?
the pop art revolution of the 50's and 60's are still evident today, with pieces from lichtenstein being high value pieces.
>how do we fight this?
despite killing 4 times as many people as hitler, stalin got away scott free. does that seem fair to you?

this continued for all of high school. teachers didnt care at all
>>
>>34549262
What about your name, you forgot to say your name first. Now we don't know who you are. Do you even know your own name? *hysterical laughter*
>>
>>34548856

*Ahem*. So my presentation will be on race realism and the physical and intellectual differences of the races.
>>
>>34549390
I see you're going for that bachelors in /pol/ studies, anon.
>>
>"My presentation is on post grunge-hardcore-slam-garage-alternate-grindcore-synth pop, i hope you uncultured swines are ready to hear some real music"
>>
>>34548856
I'm always deathly afraid of giving presentations but it's like I go on autopilot when I'm actually presenting. The only issue is my mouth gets dry
>>
The worst part of those things is the dread leading up to them. At the schools I went to you would usually know in advance like 1 week when your day was coming, so it would stay in the back of your mind. Then the day finally comes and you're scared shitless, you go up and its obvious you're nervous by about half way into it you think in your head this isn't even that bad.
>>
File: 1479955966346.jpg (107KB, 889x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479955966346.jpg
107KB, 889x960px
>>34549262
ha.. W-what loser would have anime in his presentation to the class? D-definitely not me
>>
File: 1470051317771.png (267KB, 524x601px) Image search: [Google]
1470051317771.png
267KB, 524x601px
>Speak up anon, we can't hear you.
>>
File: image.png (157KB, 457x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157KB, 457x463px
For some reason my 8th grade presentation stands out in my mind to this day.

>H-Hey, I'm Anon... I, uh... like anime... I mean... animation..
>Do you like making animations?
>No, I, er, just... just watch them...
>*everyone is either ignoring or just dead silent*
>Yeah...
>Ok anon, thanks for that
>>
>>34549179
This.

I used to do speaking for my church when I was younger so alot of people would get really surprised when "that" guy was actually a very fluent and well spoken person.
>>
File: 1485831195243.gif (880KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485831195243.gif
880KB, 305x320px
>Teachers writing down something as the guy before me finishes
>He's already seated, waiting to be called up like everyone else was
>Any day now anon...
>Awkwardly get out of desk and fumble to front of class
>Pull up presentation I barely practiced
>My name is ano-
>Hold on anon I'm not done with these notes one second...
>Okay, start
>M-My name i-
>Students, quiet down, you were quiet for other presentors. Anon go ahead
>Name is anon and I'm presenting on Ronald Reagan's involvement in Central America
>Mind goes completely blank, my slides don't help because the teacher made us do minimal slides; instead of things to read we were allowed to put prompts up for subjects we'd discuss off the top of our heads, and vocab
>Barely any vocab for my pres that wasn't in last pres
>Forget every fucking thing almost
>Was supposed to present for 3 minutes, finished after a minute and a half
>Stayed standing up there as teacher discussed with the class the things I missed
>Anxiety kicks up really bad, worried I look like an autist, worried that my hands are in a weird position, change between folded arms, hands in pockets, hands at side, worry about where my eyes are, etc.
>Sweaty as fuck
>Anon take your seat
>So worried I zone out and don't hear him first time
>Anon, please, sit down
>o-okay
>>
Tbh I never really got nervous doing presentations even though I have a debilitating stutter
Any sort of nervous emotions I was able to repress
Maybe that was puberty idk
>>
File: 1479201870529.jpg (134KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
1479201870529.jpg
134KB, 422x437px
>normies reading directly from the slides
>doesn't even conform to the 8 words 8 lines rule
>>
>>34551521
i hate you and you deserve everything that happened to you

the next time i see someone sperging out about anime and or any "internet culture" subject in real life i will make sure to shame them myself

probably i am just project my past self in you but fuck you and everyone that do the same, at least try to act like a normal person irl, that shit will not be erased from the archive in 7 days, people will remember that forever
>>
>okay anon, its your turn to show and tell! what did you bring today?
>>
File: poe.jpg (4KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
4KB, 250x230px
>be in community college in 2013
>we write poems
>tfw wrote a rap
>it was about drunk driving
>went up and struggled
>read slow and fumbled a lot
>almost cried of embarrassment
>tfw it was 2 pages of cringe
>>
>proceeds to make a presentation about contemporary art, make a few abortion jokes, show a few pictures of Marina Abramovic, get A+ (or whatever you get for full marks in amerifattia idk) and people come and tell me how chill and cool I am to do so

Feel sorry for you Anglo-Saxon fucks, I had cool shit to do at school
>>
>>34548856
I dropped out of uni because of that
>>
>ask beforehand how much it will affect my grade if I just don't do it
>drop from B to a C
>perfectly acceptable, desu~
>teacher shrugs

Dodged a huge bullet, my shit would have been way cringier than everyone else's, and that was brutal to watch enough.
>>
File: 3577899.jpg (88KB, 540x454px) Image search: [Google]
3577899.jpg
88KB, 540x454px
>ywn go back to 2005
>>
>>34551740
nice blog faggot kys lmao
>>
>>34549333
That sounds highly entertaining...
>>
File: 1480971124468.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1480971124468.png
335KB, 633x758px
>feel nervous but confident
>Begin to speak
>Fumble my words

EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
My anxiety with presentations stems from being bad at writing and remembering/collecting relevant facts, regardless of how much I practise. So that usual advice of "practise it and you'll be less anxious" doesn't work, because I still look retarded because I honestly don't understand the material I have to talk about.
>>
>>34548856
Fuck, I gotta give a ten minute oral presentation on Macbeth tomorrow. Ah shit, I know the story and I'm allowed to use notes and shit but I'm still sweating it.
>>
Surprising normies with my killer persuasive speeches was my favorite thing in high school. Got to give a speech on how we should kill all feral cats at one point. Otherwise it'd either be about some cool scorpion species or about something boring. As long as I control the conversation and there are minimal remarks from normies i'm good. A shame I can't gain any friends since I don't care about normies' boring topics/hobbies
>>
>>34553904
EBIN XDXD
>>
File: 1485040034334.gif (457KB, 324x228px) Image search: [Google]
1485040034334.gif
457KB, 324x228px
>Present first to avoid the stress of waiting.
>Use gifs for the background of my presentation with black highlights over white text.
>Everyone fucking loves it so much that the teacher didn't even mark me down for going double the time limit.
>The next day half the class is using gifs as backgrounds and black highlights over white text.
>They give super awkward presentations and get no response from the class.

It feels saddening with a hint of schadenfreude
>>
>>34555985
Idk if your anxiety is as bad as mine or a lot of anon here, but my advice is take a flask in the bathroom and take some pulls before class.

Also, start off with a joke if you're moderately funny. The pressure really comes off if you make the entire room laugh.
>>
>>34551337
Haha voicelet fags
>>
File: fae.jpg (21KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
fae.jpg
21KB, 600x630px
>sweating and stuttering
>immediately wanna kms
>normies giving me strange looks
>not paying attention to me, browsing on their phones
>feel like complete idiot with every word
>>
>>34548856

>"O-oh shit that was today? H-haha, I think I left my flash drive at home..."
>>
>>34548856
>Not intentionally corrupting your powerpoint file and pretending to freak out to get out of it
Did it all the time, worked once per teacher
>>
>>34558292
Okay you fail the class.
These presentations act as your final and I was very clear that you wouldn't be allowed to make them up.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.