[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how bad is benzo addiction? Are there other, less addictive,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1467554456827.png (544KB, 952x677px) Image search: [Google]
1467554456827.png
544KB, 952x677px
Just how bad is benzo addiction?
Are there other, less addictive, drugs with similar effects that I can get a prescription for?
>>
i used to know two people who were benzo addicts, both of them had seizures because they missed their doses for 24 hours

they were heavily addicted though
>>
Go with opiods. A relatively safe one is Tramadol. I currently take 50mg a day for pain, but when I first took one boy did it feel invincible. It was like having alcohol without any of the impairing effects. I felt confident, pain free, dare I say happy?

Only took about a week before I got used to my dosage and my life turned to shit again. I guess the moral here is that no matter how many drugs you take, life will always be shit. I don't even know why I'm still breathing.
>>
File: 1436419564314.png (216KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436419564314.png
216KB, 640x360px
>>34547363
>>34547451
Dammit, why isn't there a safe not-caring/feel-good drug that I can use all the time?
>>
>>34547318
What is the sauce on this image?

btw only thing that comes close to benzos is alcohol honestly and i think benzos are a lot safer

t.former druggie
>>
weening myself off benzos & to my surprise I had a seizure in front of my friend out of withdrawl a year ago. I hardly remember what happened, I just remember feeling really off-
No there aren't any drugclass that works as quickly as benzos do- any alternative you will become medically addicted too after several or more years of use.
Shit you not m8- go on and try the pharma-game.
>>
>>34547318
>seizure on the bike on the way home from work
>just passed his drivers license 1-2 weeks ago
>drowned to death in a fucking ditch besides the road.

another

>seizure behind the wheel
>lucky motherfucker had a friend sitting besides him who managed to stopped the car safely.

another

>dumb ass motherfucker drank damn near a whole bottle of vodka
>didn't listen to advice to take half at most and to not underestimate the potency
>dumb ass even had sufficient medical experience to know better
>dumb ass took a backwards tumble off the stairs
>dumb ass had a nasty skull fracture
>bubbles in brain
>out for days
>lost sense of taste and smell

You wouldn't be asking this question if you weren't self-destructively negligent up to some point at least but these are some of the things I've seen.

The only thing worse than benzo's to get addicted to is GHB and it's pretty close, benzo hell is far longer but GHB more dangerous depending on how recklessly negligent you are willing to be to feel better.
>>
wouldn't recommend unless you want to have insomnia for literally months after stopping
>>
>>34547318
You mean like other benzo's? Or alcohol?
>>
>>34549356
>You mean like other benzo's
Apparently not since the withdrawal is so bad.
>alcohol
I've tried it and I didn't like it.
>>
>>34549392
Morphinederivates? Methylfenidate?
>>
>>34547318
>Are there other, less addictive, drugs with similar effects that I can get a prescription for?

No, you'll understand why if you look up the pharmacology of benzos and alcohol.

The relaxing effect from benzos is had because it causes a release of GABA in your brain which reduces neural activity and calms you down.

Alcohol also causes a release of GABA but also messes with some other shit like glutamate resulting in the additional effects alcohol has compared to benzos.

You get dependent on benzos or alcohol because your brain gets used to taking a foreign substance to drastically boost its GABA production, and if you go without a GABA producing substance you will go into "withdrawal" and can have seizures and other nasty effects because your brain doesn't know how to inhibit enough signals without the drug anymore.

Best you can do is try looking up foods or doing activities that will promote your body to produce more of this naturally, but any substance you take that boosts this will have similar side effects.
>>
>>34547318
It is kind of awful, but not as bad as you might imagine. When I was young and high strung a doctor gave me as many Klonopins and Ativans as I desired. I rapidly became obviously addicted and even though my mother was a nurse she never intervened or even told me what an addiction was. You'll feel normal, perfectly normal, while you're on them but in reality you're behaving like a real junkie space cadet.

Don't do it if you don't think you can control it.
>>
eat right and exercise
i did it and its like being zanned the fuck out all day except i remember shit
>>
Heavy benzo use for a year and a half (3 different benzos, up to 7 a day), and mixing with booze actually ruined my life.

If I could go back and toss them before I even got started I would. Now that my life is actually ruined though and I have nothing left to lose, I really wish I had more of them.
>>
>>34549338

Yep. I took Xanax to sleep for less than a week. I Could not sleep for about a month after that. It was horrible and it happened so easily.
>>
>>34549547
Even though things may be bleak your life isn't ruined. Remember that guy from Bum Fights? He now wears a suit and has a stable job. Things may appear hopeless but there's always another dawn, another chance to make things better, so long as you stay alive.
>>
>>34547523
weed. fuckin retard
>>
>>34549645
MATE
GRASS
ROFL

Kill yourself.
>>
>>34547318
tilidine
>>
>>34547318
I've used Ativan for several years but in order to keep using it I have to be careful.
I don't take it every day. I take it only when I really, really need it. I use maybe 50-70mg in a year's time taking 2-3mg in one dose when I'm having a panic problem.

If you take them every day you will ruin your tolerance and surely get addicted. If you're looking for every day use then just buy weed.
>>
>>34549622
I'm a 28 year old fat ugly homosexual NEET. There is no hope.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.