[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years old >Just realized I'm very handsome >Spending

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 1485015508193.jpg (135KB, 1268x884px) Image search: [Google]
1485015508193.jpg
135KB, 1268x884px
>20 years old
>Just realized I'm very handsome
>Spending Tuesday night on an anime imageboard such as this
>Realize I've got the party blood
>Realize I can just totally shed my skin of Aspergers and Awkwardness and go Par-tay
>Slow realization that I really can't do that and converse with others as socialization is a primarily ego-driven facet of humanity

This is the worst feeling.
Girls were attracted to me back in highschool, but they explicitly told me that I was cute but awkward. I don't know how to fix this. I'm hoping age and brain development will patch it, but I doubt it. I'm still the same as I was when I was 14. INFP and neurotic to the core.

Is anyone else facing a similar problem?
I've still got college in front of me, and I will likely be attending soon.
>>
>>34535623
You are like a child.

Imagine having all these epiphanies/"realizations" at 24-25.
>>
This is like looking into the past for me, see you in 8 years bud.

This is hell
>>
>>34535638
I'm not certain what you mean when you tell me I'm like a child. There are so many meanings to that phrase.

I didn't really have these realizations just now so much as they're a representation of a train of thought from days gone by. Truths that I've already ascertained, but they're just all in a row.
>>
>>34535673
Wait, what's your IQ?
Mine is purportedly 130
>>
You can't fix it. I fixed my appearance. I attract people until we've met more then a couple time; they lose interest very quickly for some indescribable reason. It might be because I find myself watching documentaries on North Korea at 2 a.m. on a Saturday night, it might be the inability to fix the eye contact, or it might be the tendency to come off as a mute retard once more then 3 strangers walk into a room. I certainly socialize, but in the end I realize I'm not cut out for real life.

I instead get dressed up to sit at home while posting on a Peruvian coffee roasting forum while indulging myself in hobbies that others apparently don't enjoy talking about. I've learned nobody wants to know about your rare holographic, the castles of Scotland, nor the latest Japanese cartoon.

I've had very interested men hang out with me only to lose interest. I actually had one blurt out, "Anon, you are really weird. You don't make eye contact." I won't lie, it kind of hurt. Obviously they didn't say 'anon'.
>>
And sorry for the long post. I guess I'm just trying to say revel in your oddity because it's not worth trying out the real world. It's best just to use your powers to secure a good job, get your own place, maybe even attend school, and coast by in the world as nothing more then a person seen but never heard.
>>
>>34535787
There are people out there that probably do share your interests in anime. Just head to an anime convention and try over there. It may seem impossible to make friends, but there are people you can strike up conversations with. It's all dependent on the type of person you meet. There are places you can go where people like us likely congregate.

I know I can't, but maybe you can.

Also, are you a girl or a homo?
>>
>>34535853
I'm a girl. My brother is a robot. I think I somehow ended up also a robot stuck in a moderately attractive female body because some higher power thought that'd be some funny shit.

I'm definitely trying. It's not gone well, not even at the convention. I have 0 friends, but I'm still trying. I'll let everyone know if I find success one day. In the meantime I can talk to everyone on 4chan, it keeps me going.
>>
>>34535623
It depends on what you make of it man. I'm your age right now, and I remember having girls flirt with me in high school but having so little self-confidence that I thought they were either fucking with me or just really flirty people. Every time I took one of those personality tests I would flip between INFP and ISTP, but primarily ISTP. It took me until last year to get over my insecurities and get my first real kiss, and it took me until a couple of weeks ago to initiate a kiss with a girl I liked. As long as you're not ugly as fuck, which apparently you aren't, it really is all about confidence. You can't fool a girl into thinking you're someone you're not, so you may as well just bee urself and if she doesn't vibe with that then she's not worth your time. Just remember that confidence doesn't mean not being scared, it means doing what you want in the face of that fear. And if you're as worried about a girl judging you for being inexperienced like I was, you just have to push that out of your mind because you won't get any experience if you don't. Life isn't about being good at things, it's about being good at being bad at things.
>>
>>34535724
125 when i took it in highschool
>>
>>34535787
>>34535941
>I'm a girl.
You really shouldn't have this problem. I know women usually let guys do all the work when it comes to socializing and the other trappings that come with that (dating, flirting, platonic socializing, etc) but you gotta have an actual personality
>>
>>34535623
>Just realized I'm very handsome
You're done. There is no recovery. See you in hell.
>>
>>34535991
I have been playing with the idea that proper socialization may involve riding on the back end of some man's dick for rides and invitations to social functions. I can't seem to bring myself to do such a thing. There's also the issue of drinking. I've found females don't invite other females to the bar who don't drink or enjoy flirting with men. I suppose it makes sense.
>>
>>34536067
>I have been playing with the idea that proper socialization may involve riding on the back end of some man's dick for rides and invitations to social functions.
nononono you don't understand me you womanchild

I was saying that you CAN'T just rely on that. You also need a personality to keep the man in question interested, plus you need a personality to actually enjoy/participate in the social functions, or else the next day people will say "dude whats up with your gf brah she didnt really talk much or anything does she hate us or something", and then he either has to put in all this time and effort into training you like he would train a dog, or he dumps you and moves on to someone more socially developed/mature.

>source: I dated creatures like you
>>
>>34535973
Thanks a lot man.
I suppose I'll take your advice.

I've fucked up plenty of times socially, and it has all been forgiven now that I no longer have the eyes of societal peers to keep in mind now that I'm out of high-school. There was never anything more strangling than knowing the smallest error would be scrutinized by minds aside from my own, and that I would have to speak with those people once more.

>>34535979
Thanks for the affirmation to my own mind.

I've been isolated for a while, and I no longer have anyone to compare myself to, so I'm starting to doubt everything about who I am.
>>
>>34536097
If personality is giggling like a school child during every conversation, I suppose I could fake that, but I'd really rather be at home watching a documentary. I can't really force people to talk or feign interest about Palestinian freedom, the new species of seahorse discovered off the coast of Australia, or current constellations visible in the night sky. I guess I could talk about music which many seem to talk about, but then you blurt out about :wumpscut: and people are just like, "You talking about like... dubstep?"

I don't think it is right to fake some sort of personality in the attempt to appeal to others. Most girls I watch just seem to giggle, laugh, and nod in agreement with intervals of, "OMG, I love that brand of beer. IPA is the best." before running off to do some booty grinding. They don't really say a whole lot so I can't learn too much about personality. They kind of just stand around and smile. Unless I'm overlooking it or searching for some deeper trait then what actually exists.
>>
>>34536270
You're memeing about it too much. You might be a lost cause, two bea honest, my familiar.

You just need to know basic norman conversation topics & facts, how to make eye contact, and feign just enough interest in the other person to make them think "huh this girl isnt a bitch". Notice how most of the hypotheticals of your post was "ME ME ME ME ME ME" or comparing yourself to some basic bitch type girl. Be your own person, sperg out if you want to, but also remember that the people you talk to IRL are actual people who have passions they sperg about too, dislikes, and specific factoids they love to share too.

There's a reason for normie saying "You have two ears and one mouth for a reason"
>>
>>34536330
Understand there's already a lot of listening to people going on and rephrase your answer. I'm genuinely interested in what the other person has to say about their interests, that's not the problem.
>>
My fear is I come off as uninterested to people. That's why I mentioned the giggling part. I wasn't saying those girls are basic bitches, far from it really. I'm just wondering if that's important to others believing that a person is interested in what they have to say. Maybe simply listening and paying attention to what the person is saying is not coming off as "I'm interested".
>>
>>34535623
Hey anon, college helped me for sure. I was in your exact situation. Went from kissless virgin to double digits. Still holding on to some awkwardness but I've leaned to make it work for me, it's part of my personality afterall
>>
>>34536431
>I'm genuinely interested in what the other person has to say about their interests, that's not the problem.
>>34535787
>I've had very interested men hang out with me only to lose interest. I actually had one blurt out, "Anon, you are really weird. You don't make eye contact."

Sounds like you just need to make eye contact and actually express some interest in what they have to say. Also don't act "snarky" or "cynical" IRL, you're just gonna come off like a bitch.

not very hard, you autiste
>>
>>34535623

Odds are you are delusional in thinking you're handsome, post a pic and prove it or fuck off
>>
>>34536573
I could believe it. There's a lot of guys with low self esteem who don't realize they are actually attractive.
>>
>>34536632
>There's a lot of guys with low self esteem who don't realize they are actually attractive.
Probably because they're getting ignored in lieu of Chad Selfworthcock
>>
File: IMG_1325.jpg (81KB, 607x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.jpg
81KB, 607x455px
>>34535787
>>34535941
>>34536270
>>34536465

You're exactly the type of friend I'm looking for, how about it? I can talk to about all your niche interests because they're also for the most part mine.

Email?
>>
>>34535623
I'm like 25 and still don't know if I'm handsome or not.
I mean some people tell me so, but its usually my parents or relatives, though for the most part those are the only people I'm in contact with, I don't trust their opinion on the matter.
>>
>>34536330
Well clearly if this was sound advice you wouldn't be here right now huh?
>>
>>34536789
>Well clearly if this was sound advice you wouldn't be here right now huh?
Non-sequitur. You're not as intelligent as you tried to make yourself sound.
>>
>>34535623
post a picture of yourself please anon
>>
>>34536803
Anon, how does one try to make themselves sound intelligent from one post.
>>
>>34536685
Your throwaway first because I don't have a throwaway. Make one and I'll save it to email you once I make a throwaway. I also don't really want to go against the board rules.
>>
>>34536107
Without others you have no frame of reference for your identity, nothing to be yourself in comparison to.
You simply are.
>>
>>34536803
And to clarify, that was not the person you were responding to originally (me). That is a new anon entirely. So, they can't make themselves sound intelligent from one response.
>>
>>34536823
>Anon, how does one try to make themselves sound intelligent from one post.
Not one post, that part where she said how she "cant relate to normal people" because of her autistic seahorse obsession or her liberal zealotry about palestinian kids being bulldozed. Either way it's still a non-sequitur and you're just shifting the goalposts at this point.

>>34536877
Still a non-sequitur.
>>
File: IMG_1141.jpg (64KB, 479x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1141.jpg
64KB, 479x350px
>>34536845
[email protected]

See you on the other side anon, I'm going to bed now but I'll check my inbox tomorrow.
>>
>>34536935
I'm asking how does another anon posting turn into an insult toward someone else. You though that was me insulting you, didn't you? I'll have you know I never claimed any social inability on your part because of your choice to post on this board.
>>
>>34536970
The other side shall be grand.
>>
>>34537034
Just because it's a non-sequitur doesn't mean it's an insult.

I gave her advice on how to stop being such a stereotypical cunt and (You) (or she) says "hurr well why dont you take your own advice"

I said earlier that I've dated cunts like her; I'm here because obviously this place isn't only for stupid pathetic social illiterates like her.
>>
Just do drugs like Xanax & molly
>>
>>34537062
Trying that again. I'm the person you gave advice to, I'm not the asshole who posted >>34536789. You assumed that person was me.
>>
>>34537132
Yeah I don't have to "try again" because I explained everything in that post you replied to.

If you don't understand, you're either being selectively illiterate or you unironically do not know what a non-sequitur means.
>>
>>34537172
That's fine. Just understand it wasn't the case of you giving someone advice and that same person going, "Well, why don't you take your own advice."
>>
Also trying that again was in reference to my previous deleted response where I linked to the wrong post. I was not asking you to "try again".
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.