[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /9to5/? I sit in a cubicle all day and file expenditures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: cubicle.jpg (14KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
cubicle.jpg
14KB, 300x210px
Who else /9to5/? I sit in a cubicle all day and file expenditures for a real estate company. I have a gun in my briefcase in case I decide that today is the day I end it and take as many people I can with me
>>
I worked in a call center cubicle this past summer and it was the closest I've ever come to ending it all.

I don't get how officecucks can go sit there for 8 hours and do the same shit day-in day-out ad infinitum. It's baffling.
>>
>>34529439
>>34529476
This makes me feel like my CS degree is going to be the death of me, typing code in all day.

Rather work with people, but autism
>>
>>34529439
Dont, use a bomb hard enough to get one with you losers.
Just kill your self.
>>
>>34529439
>file expenditures
What does that involve? I mean, what do you actually do that couldn't be done by a computer program?

Office work always seems like busy work, to me. Just a way to keep most of the population employed so a country doesn't need to institute a basic income.
>>
>>34529439
>Gun
Bitch please, have you not learned how inefficient that is?

Just /bombvest/ and hug your boss at a meeting.
>>
>>34529799
>going out like a shitskin
Nah. Plus wearing a bombvest everyday is retarded. Carrying a gun is not.
>>
File: 92348672.jpg (495KB, 1000x631px) Image search: [Google]
92348672.jpg
495KB, 1000x631px
gee, I wonder who could be behind this curious thread...
>>
>>34529748
OP here. It involves me documenting how much money we spend or earn when my company buys or sells land. It is about as interesting as it sounds. Your not wrong about busy work. The IT guy could probably make a program that would do my job better than I could.
>>
>>34529439
Office work is pure mind numbing hell. I always encourage robots to try to find a manual labor job rather than a hellish call center.
>>
>>34529510
Coding is comfy af. Put headphones on, comfy music, type some shit, clock out and earn cash.
>>
>>34529439
I work at a bank doing security
it's boring as hell and the people I work with love to give me shit for being a virgin constantly
not really much I can do about it though
>>
>>34529973
Are you the only one doing that? What are the other office slaves doing?
>>
File: 1477084581220.jpg (75KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477084581220.jpg
75KB, 400x600px
>>34529510
>>34530097
Fuck yeah /code/
>tfw the best books
>tfw the best frameworks
>tfw build your own artificial intelligence waifu and your own secret world
>>
>>34530097
>>34530338

Graphic design is comfy too

>put on headphones
>comfy music
>type some art
>clock out and earn cash

too bad I only make 39k because I'm a "junior designer" fresh out of college
>>
7 - 3:30 masterrace here. But seriously before I ever worked I had no idea how long 8 hours a day is, especially when you have to work it 5 days in a row. Holy fuck does it take a lot out of you. 1 hour at work feels like 3 hours at home. My job even gets hectic some times but still at most its like 4 hours of work, 4 hours of doing fuck all pretending to be working. For you kids in college, be VERY careful what job you're looking into. The grind is no fucking joke, it will take everything out of you.
>>
File: LoveAtfirstKiss5.png (172KB, 497x240px) Image search: [Google]
LoveAtfirstKiss5.png
172KB, 497x240px
>>34530171

I never knew how obvious my virginity was until I got a job. My co workers had be figured out in like 2 months. I guess it was because I never talked to or made a move on my female co workers, they saw I was scared shitless of attractive women and shy around them. They used to tease me at work daily "don't worry anon she won't bite" "dude relax" it was so fucking embarrassing man oh my god, they knew one of my deepest secrets and there was no hiding it.
>>
>>34530306
There are 4 other people in my department, as well as my supervisor. I work in a 2 story building. On my floor, we have Human Resources and our call center, which mostly handles the people that call looking to buy or sell. The floor below me is where the realtors are as well as the manager.
>>
>>34530435
6-2:30 here. Love that schedule.
>>
>>34530435
Fuck yeah early afternoons.
I alternate. Week 1 I do 7-330, week 2 I do 4 10 hour days. 3 day weekend every other weekend. I used to do 4-10s every week but my office needs me on Fridays every once in a while.

I make maps for the military. I love my job so much. Like the graphic design/code bros here I can just throw on some tunes, make my maps, and be done with it. I'm also the unofficial IT guy who upgrades Adobe and Ultron for my office mates, which is fine.

Also get sent to training once a month; sometimes in-state and sometimes out of state. Usually no more than 3-4 days but all expenses paid and I learn a lot of stuff for my field.

And once a month I throw on the hiking boots and traipse through the woods doing GPS work. It's fun and gets me moving.

First job out of college, making $48k (state employee wages suck) but with great benefits.
>>
>>34530496
it's awful because I can't do shit about the work environment
any time I say to stop they just say "haha it's just a joke" and the cunts in HR refuse to do anything about it
they can fire some guy for staring at a coworker's boobs but can't even talk to people who bully virgins like it's the school yard all over

god I can't wait until I either quit or kill myself
>>
Yes but only 3 days a week in retail hell. It's bad enough I couldn't even imagine working full time.
>>
>>34530435
Reporting in, though most days it's more like 7-5:30. I get that sweet OT though. I'm glad as fuck i don't work in a little box. I work on a clean room manufacturing floor. I think if i was stuck in some little cube in an office room somewhere i would have ended it by now. Every so often when i need to go up to the corporate building i get a glimpse of this and just...fuck that. Sure some of those people might be making twice as much as me but still.
>>
>>34530694
I don't get OT because state employee but any hour after 8 I work on any given day AND any hour after 40 on any given mon-fri I get time and a half of PTO. That's way better for me than OT pay because I take a fuckton of vacations.

In July I'm going to a week long conference in California with 8 hours of travel on Sun and 8 on Sat, so that's 3 solid days of extra vacation time I'm getting
>>
>>34530694
You doing a real man's work there anon. Good for you man! But the cube isn't that bad. If you have some nice coworkers around your cube, and you spend a little time putting some things in your cube and personalizing it, it can be quite comfy
>>
Will someone tell me what's so horrible about a cubicle? It looks comfy af. I love small spaces w/ everything organized and in my reach.

Are you claustrophobic and feel like you're suffocating? Does the lack of color bore your artistic INFJ eyes?
>>
File: image.gif (982KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
982KB, 500x333px
>>34529439
My dad has been an accountant for almost 30 years now and does the same exact thing every day, down to basically eating the same breakfast. Plain oatmeal and a glass of apple cider vinegar.

Same office.
Same desk.
9am-6pm
30 years.
but makes $116k a year
>>
>>34530797
Feels suffocating. You're just sitting there staring at a screen all day, sitting under horrible fluorescent lighting. It might be comfy for some people but I'll never go back to it.
>>
>>34530797
It's not the cube most people hate. It's what the cube represents. They're boxed into this little shell and generally* have very monotonous, boring work.

My cube is awesome. It's covered in maps that I've made, that have been published, and that are distributed across the military for training purposes. If you know anybody in the US or German military they've seen my maps.
>>
>>34530912
>Feels suffocating
>sitting there staring at a screen all day
>sitting under horrible fluorescent lighting
Basically the same thing as going on 4chan all day in your room
>>
>>34531013
Which is why NEETs want to die. Except they're probably sitting in the dark with their windows covered with thick blankets.
>>
My favourite thing to do at my cubicle job is to sip on some tea while reading the Breitbart comment section.
>>
>>34531089
My coworkers used to talk shit to me because I drink tea all day until I made them try earl grey.

Seriously though coffee is delicious but if you only drink 1 cup a day the caffeine boost actually works.
>>
>>34530875
Ask him how his back problems are.

>>34530912
Meh, I guess some people like to wake up everyday doing something completely different and unpredictable. I'm an autist who prefers routine. To each their own.

>>34530922
>It's what the cube represents. They're boxed into this little shell and generally* have very monotonous, boring work.
Does it make them feel like someone's bitch at all? I quit my retail job cuz I was sick of being the customer's bitch and answering stupid questions when I had a salesfloor to clean.

Your cube does sound awesome though. I'd love to have a picture of my waifu like some people have picture of their kids/wives in theirs.
>>
>>34529439

Ooohhh who would you kill first? Would it be management or peers?

Back in my 9-5 days I'd have fucking blasted my direct co workers to pieces first.

FUCK YOU KAREN YOU SOUR FACED CUNT! FUCK YOU AND YOUR KIDS! YOUR SON IS A TRAP AND YOUR DAUGHTER IS AN UPPITY BITCH!

Jesus it's been 8 years since I worked in that place....

Don't work in offices robots!
>>
>>34529439
So what, you're gonna kill a whole bunch of jaded workers who are like you. At least go for the boss or something.
>>
>>34531149
>Does it make them feel like someone's bitch at all?
Ask them. YMMV

I always hated food service but to make me not feel like a bitch I'd put spit in people's food. Only if they were a serious asshole, though. Never just because.

Cube is pretty awesome. If you put up a picture of your waifu you deserve to have that bitch Joan from accounting call HR on you.
>>
>>34530760
That's pretty sick actually. I wish i could take vacations man, but an entire product line would grind to a halt if i missed even a day. Having a lot of responsibility is cool and all, but i wish i had someone i could rely on if i need some time off.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.