[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "LE EXERCISE AND HEALTHY EATING CURES DEPRESSION AND

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

The "LE EXERCISE AND HEALTHY EATING CURES DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY" meme that normies talk about actually kind of works. It's not just snakeoil bullshit.

Would recommend.
>>
>>34521260
That makes you a normie. I used to exercise everyday, and it was one of the worst times of my life.
>>
>>34521260
It super works.
Men aren't meant to be sedentary noodle armed cattle. It really fucks with your chemistry.

I wish I got on this fitness shit when I was little so I could have been a ballet dancer.
>>
>>34521260

It can alleviate symptoms, but it won't cure it 100% and turn you into an optimist happy about everything.
>>
>>34521283
For a week, probably

It's hard at first, but eventually it gets easier and it feels good to challenge yourself.
>>
It doesn't work for me, it just make me tired.
>>
File: IMG_20170129_161014.jpg (431KB, 936x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_161014.jpg
431KB, 936x960px
No, it's actually complete bullshit. When running track in high school and college I got plenty of exercise and ran over 10000 miles each year.

I also surrounded myself with gorgeous athletic girls all of which I knew I'd never be with. Maybe exerciseb works if you have some crippling self image about your physical appearance,but if it's you. Being a social autist it does nothing for you at all.

Pic related.
>>
>>34521260
I used to work unskilled construction for a family friend, before I was a complete hermit, and in all 3 the years I labored I found that if my job beat the living shit out of me, and i regularly used my muscles for useful things I didn't worry about stupid shit like feels or waifus.
>>
>>34521417

2>3>4>1

but they're all pretty close
>>
File: IMG_20170129_160224.jpg (1MB, 1080x1165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_160224.jpg
1MB, 1080x1165px
>>34521469
Out of 10? Not like it makes any difference.
>>
>>34521260
It isn't working for me
>>34521283
I still do and I feel like shit
>>
>>34521469
Standards are WAY too high. No wonder you're a khv. I don't understand how robots can be like this. Beggars can't be choosers, right?
>>
>>34521546
>>34522078
You dummies he's ranking his favorites. The number is their position in line from left to right.
>>
>>34521417
1>>>4>2>3
First one looks like my oneitis, and the last three aren't very pretty at all.
>>
>actually kinda works
All losing weight and working out regularly did for me was increase how disgusted I am by myself, society, and reality. My libido is still fucking dead and I constantly want to fight people for no reason. It fucking sucks. In my head I frequently hear yelling and percussion noises.
>>
File: IMG_5596.jpg (42KB, 780x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5596.jpg
42KB, 780x394px
>>34521260
Lifting doesn't cure autism or depression. Only masks it.
>>
>>34521437
Learn proper English before posting here, you dumb fuck
>>
File: cry.jpg (6KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
6KB, 251x251px
>started going to the gym 4 months ago because 'LE WORKING OUT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD XDDDD'
>too nervous to do anything because of all the big chads and big bottom stacies running around the place
>feel physically sick from nerves whenever I try to do anything
>my skinny weak arms are pathetic
>decide to try and be demeaning to myself so people think I have a sense of humour
>start bringing little pieces of chicken liver to the gym
>drop them on the floor next to eople
>pick them up and shout 'WOOPS MY ONLY MUSCLE FELL OUT'
>thought it was a good laugh and made me feel more confident
>get kicked out of gym 3 weeks later

fuck normies, I hate working out I'll be a twig forever.
>>
>>34522719
anon, just, no
>>
File: 1483566018726.jpg (9KB, 250x250px)
1483566018726.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>34522719
>WOOPS MY ONLY MUSCLE FELL OUT

I did a zoz
>>
>>34521260
Fuck you OP, it does jack shit for depression. The world hasn't changed for me, it's just now my lifespan increased and I will probably have to suffer through it longer
>>
>>34522719
that's as funny as it is uncomfortable
>>
>>34521260
Running helps me a lot actually. Outside, not on a treadmill.
>>
>>34521339
For 2 years, actually.
>>
>>34522719
Don't worry anon kun. If your hips are wide we'll love you
>>
File: vegito goal body.png (1MB, 859x710px) Image search: [Google]
vegito goal body.png
1MB, 859x710px
>>34521260
Worked for me pretty well
people mire pretty often, got them big biceps and shoulders
i would recommend as well, feels nice
>>
>>34521260
how 2 eat healthy tho
>>
>>34523260

>Look at what you are about to eat
>Ask yourself "Is this really how much I need to eat?"
>Be honest
>Cut out a portion of your meal that you would consider to be the least healthy element
>Have smaller portions in general if you are trying to lose weight

Easy peasy. Just eat less, and replace your shitty snacks (chocolate, chips, soda) with fruit, vegetables and raw nuts.
>>
File: 0117-GQ-FEOS05-Jon-Bernthal-01.jpg (165KB, 800x1036px) Image search: [Google]
0117-GQ-FEOS05-Jon-Bernthal-01.jpg
165KB, 800x1036px
>>34522339
>Only masks it.
Until the person sees the way you talk and move. Or until they focus on your face.
>>
>>34523314
i'm not eating too much. i eat pasta and cereal every day and that's practically it
>>
>>34523354

Then have fruit for breakfast/snacks, vegetables at meal times.
>>
>>34521260
it eases symptoms a little but that's it

I exercise mainly for the gains and the knowledge that if the apocalypse happens I can run off into the wilderness
>>
I'm simply too poor to eat enough to grow.

It wouldn't change anything anyways. Working out is such a fucking chore and just another thing stealing away my cave-dwelling videogaming time.

My problems lie mostly with my cowardice. I can be pretty normie when under the influence, so it's just my inhibition holding me back. Working out won't change that.
>>
>>34522719
>
look man
nobody judges

well they judge
but nobody cares

you'll never get stronger if you don't work out

if you're embarassed just go at a time when its empty
>>
>>34522719
You can always save a little and buy yourself your own weights, anon. Consider it both a monetary investment and a health one!
>>
>>34521283
>everyday
Bad, the body needs recovery time
>>
>>34521260

Can also confirm. Meet so many people with so many excuses for why they cant just TAKE A WALK EVERY FUCKING DAY.

>I dont know why I feel so depressed.
>I binge on sugar all fucking day and never eat a regular meal so my blood suar is all over the fucking place
>At the same time my heart and lungs are literally incapable of bringing large amounts of oxygen and energy laden blood to my brain because I literally haven't walked more than 2 miles in the last week and that was only round my house
>My comfy house where the shutters are always down so many body cant use sunlight to synthesize essential vitamins. Hey, did you ever see that movie das boot where all the german submarines get fucking boils after a month without seeing any natural light. Cool film huh?
>y am i so depressed

Eat a more balanced diet and go fucking jogging and you are at least 50% of the way to beating depression.
>>
>>34523337
Right so like a mask.
>>
>>34524260
walking makes me nervous
>>
>>34521417
>endurance cardio without lifting

You did that to yourself, faggot. You need anabolic and anaerobic for the good stuff.
>>
>>34524260
This helps if you're a normie who's just feeling kinda blue. Normies love accomplishment and novelty and activity so getting back in the habit of them feels good.

The problem is if you're depressed because you don't find anything enjoyable or interesting or worthwhile, then doing something doesn't help. It just feels like another chore.

Normies can't imagine that. They assume everyone, like them, really does have "passions", stuff they love and want to do that makes them feel happy and fulfilled, so if someone is depressed, obviously they're just in a rut and out of the habit of doing those things, right?
>>
>>34521260
>do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and a 10km run everyday for three years
>eventually become so strong nobody could even take me in a fight and become bored with life
It's not what it's cracked up to be OP.
>>
>lose 100lbs over a year
>loose skin and stretchmarks everywhere
>build some muscle to try to fill out some of the skin
>still just as bad
>now have body dysmorphia on top of anxiety and depression because my brain is still used to being a fatty and the loose skin makes me want to kill myself every day
>>
>>34525315
just cut off the skin and regenerate it bro
>>
>>34524260
Thanks for taking the time to type out this post. If this place didn't have people like you, tons of ''robots'' would succumb to this pity-party and run the potential they don't wanna admit they have and can develop.
>>
>>34524760
Lol no. I was a middle distance athlete I lifted 4 days out of the week and was more tone than you'd ever be. 5'11 and 160lbs. Pretty average build but it was all muscle.
>>
File: IMG_6622.png (117KB, 445x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6622.png
117KB, 445x414px
>>34521260
I know what you mean anon. I have a lot of excess energy and mental focus on my off days to go 200% and get loads of things done I usually procrastinated with before including working on new hobbies.

Also downgraded from driving to work to walking to work on nice days since the few miles doesn't tire me out anymore, and that helps me get more comfortable with being outside.

My diets always been pretty healthy so I can't say much on that.
>>
It works short-term. I didn't feel depressed for a few months but now I'm healthy and ready to fucking die all over again.
>>
>>34521260
Pretty sure everyone here is miserable on purpose
>>
>>34522148

That's called schizophrenia

Oregano
>>
You only think it works because you've finally got a routine and a physical release. In 6 months you'll be back in the dredges.
>>
What robots don't understand is that getting fit alone won't fix your depression. Being healthy just gives you enough physical and mental energy to fix the shit in your life keeping you from being happy.

The people with no passions or goals are still going to feel like shit because as human beings we need to feel like we're accomplishing something or working towards something to be content. Obviously if you're fit but don't do anything outside of that you're still going to be miserable.
>>
>>34527266
I rode my bike to school rather than drive for a year and it felt good. There was a massive hill I had to go up on the way there and down on the way back. I never once walked.
>>
It didn't really work for me. I mean I eat reasonably well and work out a bit anyways, but when I really started to look into it and getting super serious about it. I completely gave up on it and turned into a lazy, even more depressed slob for about a year before I snapped out of it. Would not recommend it. Like everything else, in moderation. Even healthy should be done in moderation.
>>
>>34524895

You're so depressed you cannot WALK.

K then. Die.
>>
>>34521260
>didn't get depressed until after I started eating healthy and exercising regularly
well shit
>>
I've lost 7 pounds since the start of the month, been exercising 2-3 times a week and eating healthier. Also I kicked soda, haven't drank a soda in over a solid month.

At least I'm seeing results so I know something is working, I'm hoping by the end of next month I've lost 15 or 20 lbs.
>>
>>34522148
>All losing weight and working out regularly did for me was increase how disgusted I am by myself, society, and reality.
Care to explain?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.