[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're being over-stimulated, which is in turn reducing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Old_timer_structural_worker2.jpg (2MB, 3000x2401px) Image search: [Google]
Old_timer_structural_worker2.jpg
2MB, 3000x2401px
We're being over-stimulated, which is in turn reducing our attention span & focus. I believe it'll get worse as years go on. Imagine a hundred different people giving you the urge to get you to watch this, read this, talk to this person, play this, etc. that's what's happening to our brains at times.

Go back to even the early 2000s - pre web 2.0 with broadband internet/faster processors/4G & smart phones - Life was just slow enough be less distracted with this & that, & in turn made it easier to stay focused on whatever it was you were doing - even if it was just downloading music or playing video games - you were still doing so without 15 different tabs, apps, & text messages open.

Distraction can cause hours of delayed time to what you were doing, along with not fully retaining what it is that you were doing if you were being simultaneously distracted

>You Now Have a Shorter Attention Span Than a Goldfish:

http://time.com/3858309/attention-spans-goldfish/

here's a video that brilliantly describes what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaWJ72x1rI

To combat being scatterbrained, I propose some of the following:

+ We split our internet into strict separated portions throughout the day. That's not to say that you'll have a tight schedule - you can switch what you do at different times throughout the week - but they HAVE to be split apart from each other at different times of the day.

+ Leaving your phone in your room with the notification volume up, or perhaps away from your sight while you're in that room would help, too. Not doing other things on the computer/tablet while watching entertainment & videos will also be a must.

+ 100% avoid being on the phone when being with someone unless you know that it'll add to the conversation. Leaving the phone at the very least in your pocket while being with someone is another must.
>>
>>34507469
PLEASE, feel free to add to this. But a movement on this does need to happen to help shift society to become more authentic & genuine with real dedication with what they're doing with their lives
>>
>>34507469
tl;dr

originale
>>
To those who deny this, ask yourself. Did you actually read what op wrote from start to finish, or did you skim it?
>>
>>34508476
I don't deny it, and I read it.
>checkmate atheists :^)
>>
I can't do anything productive because of this reason but I feel I'm in too deep at this point. Should I off myself?
>>
File: 1386299561792.jpg (493KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
1386299561792.jpg
493KB, 750x950px
It's utterly awful.

I wish the internet, and computers, had remained slower and more cumbersome than they've become. I hate the concept of the internet of things. I hate "always connected" bullshit. I hate cellphones.

I feel like I'm being tortured via information.
>>
>>34507469
>You're being over-stimulated
fixed
get a hobby you prick
>>
>>34507469
>le technology is le destoying le civilization and making everyone le stupider

lmao
>>
Has anyone here tried alpha brain? Im desperate for something that will clear my brain fog and get me to stop procrastinating literally everything
>>
>>34508427
Underrated bost lel
>>
This is true. I procrastinated this whole fucking weekend when I was supposed to be studying.
>>
>>34508427
came here to post this. i made it to the first link then i stopped caring
>>
I agree OP. I don't know what's with the shitposters.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.