[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder why this book isn't discussed more in here. For

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

I wonder why this book isn't discussed more in here. For being pretty old, it's a painfully accurate depiction of robots.
>>
Because the average age on r9k is 20 (mostly 17-20 year olds and then some up to around 27 and then few very onld guys) and nobody here puts in the effort to read a whole book
>>
>>34505558
Fair point. It's probably also not the most popular book out there. Did you read it?
>>
>>34505523
I actually got recommended by an anon here to read this book after I made a thread and it was great. I don't know if you're the same anon OP but I enjoyed it.
>>
>tfw your mom will never shill your story to publishers after you die
>>
File: BladeRunnerPigeon.jpg (247KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunnerPigeon.jpg
247KB, 1920x800px
>>34505612
No, I'm an old STEM super normie.
But I read philosophy and I know about it from /lit/
>>
>>34505523
Was about to read this but never got around to it. Is it actually good or just relatable?
>>
>>34505700
I'm at page fifty right now and I'm fucking loving it so far. It is not really relatable for the average robot, because the main character doesn't really behave like the robot does in real life.
Just imagine if this smug frog gbp collecting, tendies eating, mother torturing concept of a human being actually existed, and the situations that would arrise because of it.
You should see for yourself
>>
File: BB1324_2.jpg (116KB, 538x640px) Image search: [Google]
BB1324_2.jpg
116KB, 538x640px
>you will never be a robot emperor.
>>
>>34506013
That's pretty accurate, it's GBP literature. There's a few relatable passages but it's done in the sake of cringe comedy - which is pretty forward for the 60s.
>>
>>34505523
This book is hilariously frustrating. It pretty accurately reflects our current political state imo
>>
>>34505523
Honestly Myrna is an SJW as well. It's quite an interesting precursor to the 4chan/tumblr coin of the internet age.
>>
File: 106096.jpg (80KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
106096.jpg
80KB, 300x460px
>For being pretty old

there are books that are even older too!
>>
Maybe this book proves that our generation of retarded political snowflakes on both sides of the spectrum are really nothing new and the internet just means that they're louder and more in your face.
>>
>>34506475
Human history does keep repeating itself over and over again, obviously the technology keeps getting better but human behavior hasn't really changed much so we never break out of this continuing cycle. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called but there's a chart that shows this constant cycle we are all on. We're lucky enough to be born in the period where it will all come crashing down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.