[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> want to start attending gym > have no motivation >

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: B0q9QVRIUAAUR0c.png (77KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
B0q9QVRIUAAUR0c.png
77KB, 659x609px
> want to start attending gym
> have no motivation
> have no idea what to do inside
> have no idea where to pay
> have no idea how to use machines
> have no friends to ask
>>
>has internet connection
>complains about not having enough information
>>
>have no friends to ask

If working out isn't a hobby for you then you DESPERATELY need to get a workout buddy. Being able to have someone to grow with and compete with can help so much if you aren't naturally someone who likes to exercise. I lost so much weight because I had someone to be there with me and help just get it done. You need that accountability and support.
>>
>>34503956
I would definitely fail to find such person.
>>
>>34503887
Either you're literally too autistic to talk to people or you just want an excuse not to do it.
>>
>>34503997
I think both, but I need to start somehow.
>>
>>34504042
> have no idea where to pay
Look for the receptionist area and ask there. They should help you getting membership.

> have no idea how to use machines
Most machines have idiot-proof instructions. Even if you do it wrongly, nobody would care unless you're about to break stuff.

> have no idea what to do inside
Just do whatever the hell you want, really. I just do a bit of everything. Not very efficient but good way to kill time and it's not like I'm trying to be the next Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>34504299
> Not very efficient
How to be efficient then?
>>
>>34503956
this is why I always fail to get gains. I just lose interest after a month or so and fall into my bad habits

I have no male friends to go with though.
>>
>>34503887
>no idea what to do inside

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

In general you shouldn't be using machines anyway. Free weights are always better.
HOWEVER, you do need a spotter/gymbro to make sure that shit doesn't kill you.

A lot of gyms have programs where you can pay for a trainer to help you out. They kinda suck but they'll give you the basics and make sure you don't get your neck crushed by a bar.
>>
>>34504344
If you want to reach a certain physique or get built you need to have a set schedule for different muscle groups. If you talk to guys that lift regularly they always have a rotation similar to this:

>chest and tris
>back and bis
>legs and abs
>delts
>>
>>34504377
> spotter/gymbro
So I better not even try?
>>
>>34504413
You can use machines if you seriously do not have anyone that can help you and you're too autistic to hire a trainer. But having a trainer will help significantly and machines are generally less efficient ways to build muscle.

The machines themselves have diagrams on them that'll show you how to use them. You can also look them up online.
>>
File: 1477503960247.png (41KB, 200x191px) Image search: [Google]
1477503960247.png
41KB, 200x191px
>>34503887
>tfw I think like this for everything I want to do
I wish I was never born
>>
>>34504344
Monday and Thursday: Chest and Triceps
Tuesday and Friday: Back and Biceps
Wednesday and Saturday: Legs and Shoulders
Sunday: Rest

I also like to do abs 2-3 times a week and 15-20 minutes of cardio everyday. You won't notice results for about a month, but once it happens it'll motivate you to keep going. As far as what workouts to do for each day there are tons of resources. I'd recommend http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anatomy.htm this site shows you workouts you can do for every muscle group. Also its worth mentioning that diet plays a much larger role in weight loss/gain than anything else.
>>
>>34504613
>six days a week

nigga u gon kill this man if you make tell him to do six days a week when he first starts
>>
>>34504640
I guess it would be hard, but I was doing 6 days a week when I first started. I guess if it seems difficult to do 6 then OP could do like 3-4 days
>>
>>34504520
I love r9k so much, I would've never met people like me irl.
>>
File: 1484938513508.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484938513508.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>34503887
>go to /fit/
>ignore the board AND READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>study the muscle groups
>find a compound exercise for each
>type that shit down
>familiarize yourself with the exercises you have selected
>practice the movements at home
>go to gym
>now you know what to do
Ignore or laugh at anyone who gives you shit
don't be a dick
don't forget to bring a towel
stay hydrated
don't creep or take unwanted photos
be polite, wait your turn or go do a different exercise just don't stand there awkwardly
don't go in the evening... early morning is best
stay committed or else you're just wasting your money
your diet is more important than the exercise
cut back on masturbation
get at least 6 hours of sleep
stretch at home
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.