[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else doing surprisingly well with their self improvement

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Is anyone else doing surprisingly well with their self improvement efforts?

>lifting regularly
>grades going up
>building a consistent schedule
>smoking with discipline
>>
File: S0oPQGDk.jpg (203KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
S0oPQGDk.jpg
203KB, 1252x1252px
>>34503447
>fixed sleep schedule
>actually eating decent
>grades are up and I'm ahead in every class
>actually managing to talk to people and have groups to work with in all my class
>just got small raise and better hours at wagecuck job
>still a sperg khv with no gf so it doesn't even matter
>>
>>34504249
How did you fix your sleep schedule? I keep going to sleep at 5am
>>
>>34504275
Not him but I fixed mine by forcing myself into a schedule. If I NEED to get up on time then I will. Once I started waking up at the same time I started going to sleep earlier naturally.
>>
>>34504275
>How did you fix your sleep schedule?
Forced myself into a schedule, started laying down at the same time everyday no matter what, I had to alternated sleeping pills and melatonin for the first two weeks to get me into it, but now I don't need them.
>>
I'm regressing.
>>
>>34504498
Hey man, everyone falls down after doing well. We're all going to struggle. Just do a little better today than you did yesterday and then do a little better tomorrow than you did today. If you just improve a little bit you'll get that feeling of accomplishment and you'll get back on track.
>>
>>34503447
I remember when I did all of that shit years ago, because society told me that's what I wanted to do. Everything went pretty well, and I got all of the results that I wanted.

Want to know something, though? I was actually less fulfilled and less happy after all of the self-improvement bullshit. It was a waste of time and at least I have options now, but God damn was all of the effort not worth it.
>>
File: 1455394675196.jpg (82KB, 571x715px) Image search: [Google]
1455394675196.jpg
82KB, 571x715px
>>34503447
>doing situps every morning
>going to start playing an instrument again
>going to look into going to the gym/pool

I need to hold on to this feeling, this feeling that I am worth something and I can do better
>>
>doing push-ups every day
>actually consistently studying
>managed to make out with a girl yesterday and she actually really wanted it
It's been a prime year.
>>
>put on 15 pounds and relatives pointing out how big I'm getting
>got approached at a bar for the first time ever
>face is clearing up

Now if there was something I could do about my autism
>>
>>34503447
>screwed up eating schedule and started drinking soda again
>still consistently exercising, staying below my calorie limit, and losing weight

>study schedule is inconsistent
>still making progress, grades still good

>sleep schedule is all over the fucking place
>at least i'm getting to class and where i need to go every day

>my room is still a mess
>there's not actually a bright side to that

Not being too hard on yourself is important
>>
>>34503447
keep it up
one of the greatest lessons in life is when you can smoke or drink or hound around with discipline. everything has its place.

it's cool too once you leave school and still keep those tools in your toolbox. you can keep growing in ways that don't seem overwhelming to you like they may have when you were younger, and you can get real shit done in a way that most people will never be able to fully grasp, because when they are sleeping or playing Dota, you are spending your daily 20 minutes doing This or That, and that shit Adds Up Quickly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.