[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watched anime thrice in my life before >see Rei from Kill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: angry_cat.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
angry_cat.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
>watched anime thrice in my life before
>see Rei from Kill la kill being posted here and there
>"she's quite cute let's watch a few eps"
>some fucking slutty arena fighting shit with cringey dialogue
every time
Is there an anime out there with the following criteria:
- no cringey dialogue
- realistic (can be futuristic just not super fucking unlikely)
- good plot
- has the ability to induce some heavy fucking feels
Optional:
- character development
- good OST
- beautifully drawn
>>
>>34503143
Zankyou no Terror is -may be- made for you.
>>
File: 1424515353726.jpg (13KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1424515353726.jpg
13KB, 480x269px
>>34503143
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Welcome to the NHK
Serial Experiments Lain
Madoka Magica
Bartender
Ghost in the Shell
Kimi no na Wa
5 centimetres per second.
Tokyo Godfathers
Haibane Renmei
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Mawaru Penguindrum
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Cardcaptor Sakura
Space Battleship Yamato
Fate/Zero
Monster
Baccano
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Death Parade
Prison School
Eve no Jikan
Hibike! Euphonium
Hyouka
Kaiji
Spice and Wolf
White Album 2
Rakugo
>>
>>34503143
>no cringey dialogue

i think youre going to find yourself disspointed op
>>
Tatami galaxy ticks all your stuff. Is a heavy dialogue anime though and well I don't know about what you meant by realistic.
>>
File: 1485334210315.png (180KB, 499x561px) Image search: [Google]
1485334210315.png
180KB, 499x561px
Welcome to the NHK. Fails on the beautifully drawn and character development front(although not developing the character is kinda the point of the show)
>>
>>34503143
Evangelion is the only one option.
>>
Hellsing ultimate. Or nioki urasawas monster
>>
Anime for grown ups

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
NHK ni Youkoso!
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Ghost in the Shell
Ping Pong The Animation
Barakamon
>>
>>34503143
Try Attack on Titan
>>
Everyone on this site should watch NHK. It's about suicide, depression, anxiety and being a shut in.
>>
>Rei from Kill la Kill
What
>>
anime is something you kinda watch ironically for the waifus, pretty colors and to distract from your failed life

If you want quality read manga, some are legit good, anime is just advertisement for mangas and games and books, terrible quality control and nips don't even like it much, it's mostly for gaijins now.
>>
>>34503143
Cowboy Bebop comes to mind
Neon Genesis Evangelion is also pretty good and meets those requirements

So my favorite anime of all time is Madoka Magica its every single thing on your list except realistic. It made me feel like I actually felt hard during the show more so than any other show. So just because I doubt you will give it a chance unless I say this the first 2 episodes are completely different from the rest if you watch all 3 of the first episodes and at the end of the 3rd think its shit feel free to drop it.
>>
>>34503544
Haha that show has all the bad things OP said he didnt want to encounter. Its a funny joke because you think it isnt. Well memed my friend.
>>
>>34503143
Seriously though watch Cowboy Bebop if you don't like that you wont like any other anime.
>>
>>34503143
cowboy bebop you normie casual.
>>
File: kill_la_kill-04-ryuuko.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kill_la_kill-04-ryuuko.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>34503311
I'll check it out thanks
Unrealistic as in stuff that wouldn't happen IRL
Energy channelling shit in the hands, catgirl fighting bullshits and hand to hand combat with the force large enough devastate to concrete foundations
>>34503396
I heard praise for this one multiple times, worth a shot ty
>>34503360
Sounds good senpai
>>34503498
>>34503258
holy fuck it'll take a while but if these are good this'll be a few months of quality animus thank you
>>34503256
I'll have a look thanks
>>34503556
My bad I meant Ryuuko
>>34503544
This one is really praised too ty
>>34503602
I enjoy manga occasionally, as in once I find a good one I'll read all there is to it in one setting with bloodshot eyes
Do you know by any chance the name of this one mango where this one dude bullies a deaf girl in school for years sorta ruins her life and then falls in love with her? Read it years ago, maybe new seasons came out. In one bit the dude took her cochlear implant and threw it from a balcony and she fucking jumped after it shit was nuts
>>34503676
I will thanks dude
>>34503647
Solid tip I'll watch a few senpai

thanks robotos I'll make sure to give all of these a try
>>
Found it. >>34503876
It was called Koe no Katachi for those interested
>>
>>34503143
MADOKA MAGICA

Its a bit unrealistic but if you watch it all its good I promise. At first you might not think so but it takes a complete 180 and becomes great. I even love the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg1bWZAu_uY
>>
Anime is like 95% "slice of life!" bullshit about schoolgirls that has no actual plot, or is a satire of the genre itself.
>>
>>34503876
>Do you know by any chance the name of this one mango where this one dude bullies a deaf girl in school for years sorta ruins her life and then falls in love with her?
A Silent Voice, I think
>>
>>34503143
>talking to someone from here
>they're trying to get me to give anime another shot, I quit years ago because I was sick of how trash it was
>tells me to watch eccentric family
>watch one episode
>MC is a dude wearing a skirt acting like a girl and trying to flirt with guys

It has fucking nothing to do with the plot it's just thrown in to get attention because the main story couldn't interest people. Fuck anime, its target audience is children and it shows.
>>
>>34504143
A lot of anime sucks badly but there are amazing anime if you find them. Some of the ones listed in this thread are great but a lot of them are bad.
>>
>>34503143
Monster
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
>>
>nobody suggested Texhnolyze yet
Questionable if it's all that realistic but it's cyberpunk so if you're cool with that then you should like it

Extremely depressing throughout and slow-paced especially at the beginning but it's worth it
>>
Berserk (1997)

I know it looks like shallow bullshit but trust me its not, its a fantastic show and one of the few I recommend to just about everyone.
>>
>>34504389
Thanks for naming the 3 of possibly 9-12 good anime that exist to satisfy OP.
>>
>>34504752
not very good compared to the manga
>>
File: 1485485823931.jpg (252KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485485823931.jpg
252KB, 1100x500px
>>34504092
Madoka really threw me for a loop
>>
>>34503143
Anime is absolute crap these days, literally every single one has them going "woah, he's so powerful, I know that technique from blahblah he's such a master"
>>
File: whydad.jpg (101KB, 475x401px) Image search: [Google]
whydad.jpg
101KB, 475x401px
why do almost all animes take place in high school?

it makes me feel awful because when I was in high school all I cared about was going home to play video games and had zero friends while these kids in animes have amazing adventures... also I graduated high school ten fucking years ago making me feel old as fuck
>>
How come anime fags don't realize their hobby is the reason they're a khv neet
>>
>>34505183
Because after high school, life is just work and university and drinking at the bar. Also most anime's target demographic is high school students. The last anime I watch that featured people who've at least already graduated high school is Steins;Gate.
>>
>>34503143
I won"t waste my time if youre gone.
Ill tell you if youre still in the thread
>>
>>34503258
>Serial Experiments Lain
Why do people like this?
>>
Psycho Pass? It's inspired by both Blade Runner and 1984. Good animation, gore, some fanservice but not awkward amounts of it.
>>
>>34505377
It's got a surreal addictive quality
>>
>>34505211
Because it isn't, lack of confidence is.
>be me
>go to Japan
>get qt 9/10 Japanese Stacy gf
>buy figurines constantly while I'm out with her
>look up their skirts
>she still fucks me every night
>wants to get married
>>
>>34505377
because it's fucking good
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.