[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 'love' a fake emotion? Not just romantic love, any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Is 'love' a fake emotion? Not just romantic love, any kind of love.

Real emotions are easily felt: when you hate someone, you feel hatred, when you're afraid of something, you feel it, when you're inspired by something, you also feel this desire. Real emotion are visceral. They're also never constant. Nobody hates 24/7
Nobody ever feels 'love'. Nobody says "Oh shit, I felt so in love yesterday". What you actually feel are much simpler emotions - desire, lust. Familial love is actually just a mix of loyalty and guilt (feeling indebted to people who sacrificed their time and reasources to raise you)
Love itself is a meme
>>
i feel sorry for you
guilt? no, i love my family
its happiness gratefulness love

love triumphs all
>>
>>34502695

I agree with you, it's not real.
Just a fairy tale to make people feel like they're more than animals.
>>
>>34502695
>Nobody says "Oh shit, I felt so in love yesterday''

I guess it's not normal to say it out loud like that. But we think that way, don't we? If you can't feel love beyond desire and lust that's your problem.
>>
>>34502859
>If you can't feel love beyond desire and lust that's your problem.

Nobody said that this is a problem.
Personally I think it's great.
>>
Yeah, I've never felt it and I don't get, I don't even get relationships they seem so alien and bullshit to me.
>>
Love isn't a fake emotion but it is a tricky one and it can be deceitful and very, very destructive.

The desire to reproduce is necessary to genetics, and it is inside us in spades.. When you think about it though, it's obsolete. We have run our course as a species; we now completely dominate the planet and are technically capable of destroying it in a single night. We have people who live out full, 100-year livespans without achieving anything, and they will never be in any danger. Think about that. It's HUGE.

Love stems from the desire to reproduce. But as a species, we no longer need to reproduce in large quantities. However, this leftover is still with us, and it's gonna be for a while, if not forever.
>>
You gotta get a girl to """"love"""""" you so she can give you sex.

Females never grow up, they act like little girls her whole life
>>
File: proofs.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>34502695
I've felt something that I feel like is what most people are describing when they say "fall in love". It only happens when it's a mutual feeling between two people though and they both know it.

It's definitely not a visceral feeling like fear or something so much as just a constant twinge of happiness and joy to everything from knowing you are desired by someone you yourself desire. It's very pleasurable.

Additionally when you cuddle and hug and in general show affection with someone you desire it releases the neurochemical oxytocin which basically just makes you feel really good and secure. So that could be ascribed to a feeling of love as well.
>>
I kind of agree with you, OP. I don't think I really love my family, I'm just use to them being around but I think if I were separated from them for a long time I wouldn't miss them, even my brother who I basically spend 24/7 with.
>>
>>34502695
Love is a concept, not an emotion, it's a special feeling of attachment and caring you form based on the feelings they make you feel.
>>
Love is lust combined with affection (caring about someone's existence). Unlike most people say, nobody is in love constantly. It's an emotion (or at least a mix of them) like any other, but people describe it as a constant state of mind falsely.
>>
File: 1464093072341.jpg (35KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1464093072341.jpg
35KB, 500x463px
this thread is depressing

why can i feel love for friends (in a non-romantic way) but i can't find it with a girl

fuck you mom for making me think romance is real
>>
>>34503121
Romance is real ur just ugly
>>
File: 010.jpg (35KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
35KB, 680x907px
>>34503171
but i think i'm pretty cute
>>
>>34502695
Love is not fake, it just has been being hyped for milennia and now people think it is a lot stronger and way more special than it really is.
>>
>>34503171
I hate the normalfags who pretend like love is some kind of special magical feeling they have for their partners 'soul'
>baby I fell in love with you because you're such a wonderful person!
>both happen to be attractive people in a close age range
Are you shitting me
>>
>>34503242
I think the main problem is that love means 2 emotions at the same time: affection (I love my mother) and sexual attraction (I love you, Stacy). People pretend they mean the former when they actually mean the latter.
>>
>>34502695
>is love a fake emotion
No, because I have felt genuine love. This argument is over.
>>
>>34503242
Blame the jew media for that.
>>
I've never loved any other person, but I'm pretty sure I love my doggo

Skipped meals and went homeless for a few days to keep him happy and safe
>>
>tfw your ex breaks up with you cause shes not madly in love with you anymore.

Why dont woman get that the 'love' feelings wont stay. It goes away. You still love someone but now how you do in the beginning. Hard to explain tho..
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.