[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to get life back on track >too late to enroll in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473957762524.jpg (28KB, 211x204px) Image search: [Google]
1473957762524.jpg
28KB, 211x204px
>decide to get life back on track
>too late to enroll in college this semester so I will work until then
>start applying for night time positions at grocery stores, but truly want a pizza delivery job
>filling out form, going perfectly, the store a few blocks away needs a driver, pretty much a shoe in for a job I've always wanted
>2 mandatory references required

Well I'm shit out of luck. Been too long since high school to get any contacts and I dropped out of college already due to being hospitalized so I have no references there. What the fuck do I do? Should I just add the references I have from high school and hope they'll still vouch for me?
>>
>>34498680
See if you can get friends/family members to write a reference for you. Or contact the store directly and explain your dilema
>>
>>34498680
I know this might be hard, but you could ask one of your neighbors or just give them your parents names. If everything fails, just give them fake numbers/names and hope for the best.

I gave false references when I applied for my first job. When my employer said that nobody answered, I told him that he (my ex-manager) probably changed his number or didn't work over there anymore.
They won't care, especially if it's a low paying job.
>>
>>34499148
>>34499197
My problem is I can't even apply without inputting something there, and I don't want to use both fields to explain my struggles with mental and physical illness and how to get in touch with a reference would be very difficult for me.

I'm just putting in the old references from high school and hoping if they do answer the teachers won't say I've been doing nothing for 2 years.
>>
>>34499313
Best of luck to ya
>>
>>34499313
Do that and hope for the best. I hate that most places now require you to apply online, so you can't really explain your situation if you don't have references.
I hope you listen to EURBEAT and become the king of drift if you ever get the job.

GODSPEED ANON!
>>
>>34499332
Thanks so much!
>>34499384
Thank you anon, you've given me some hope that at least I'm not alone. My two references are great people so hopefully they'll still vouch for me regardless of the gap in activity.

I plan to DEJA VU the hours away while I drive, if things go well. I applied to a few more delivery places and if this doesn't work out there's a last few in town that might take me, so all hope is not lost.

Thanks so much for the help my friends.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.