[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Return of the cardiobot thread Tell us about your latest activity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: cardiobot1.jpg (414KB, 1096x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cardiobot1.jpg
414KB, 1096x1600px
Return of the cardiobot thread

Tell us about your latest activity in the robot tier exercises (biking, running, and swimming). These exercises are meant for alone time.

I did a 4 mile trail run, very few people were there today. Someone dog almost tripped me though. I'm currently training for a trail half marathon in February.
>>
What about exercises like pushups?
>>
How do you avoid shin splints?
I've been resting for a week now. I almost don't feel any pain anymore but I don't know if I should resume running.
>>
Decided to start running again after new year's, using c25k so nothing too major. Still, last week was the first time I finished a run and didn't completely hate life.
>>
>>34498353
This
FUCK shin splints, I just want to run..
>>
>>34498601
Have you just started running?
I think I'm getting shin splints because I was sedentary prior to starting a relatively intense routine, so maybe it's overtraining
Either way it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>34498342
It's not really cardio but it's a certified robot activity if done alone

>>34498353
>>34498601
>>34498732
Avoiding shin splints is all about slowly raising the amount you run every week. I remember getting them when I first started because I would try to go a longer or faster run too quickly.

>>34498534
Good work anon, keep it up!
>>
>>34499025
>slowly raising the amount you run every week
How do you do that?
I want to improve but I don't want to overdo it.
I'm working on sprinting/high intensity training rather than endurance, if that changes anything.
>>
>>34499061
Most people say don't increase by more than 10% in mileage from week to week and from longest run to longest run. I'd recommend doing endurance first. Running longer distances at a slower pace will eventually mean running shorter distances at a faster pace; the converse is not necessarily true.
>>
I had a nice forest run yesterday. About 8 km with some good hills.

I never go swimming because I'm too shy to be seen in a bathing suit even though I'm not fat any more. Maybe I should try it again today since it's raining out.
>>
File: 20170129_155431.jpg (961KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170129_155431.jpg
961KB, 2560x1536px
I just use my bike to go anywhere.
That shit made lost and maintain my 70 kg while loking really fit.

A.k.a silversurfer; star platinum.
>>
>>34499123
Ok, thanks.
>endurance first
Well I've done that to an extent (I can run for about forty minutes at a jogging pace), so now I thought I'd actually do high intensity interval training but my shins started hurting at that point.

Is there anything that can accelerate recovery at least? I've been applying hot and cold but that's kind of useless
>>
>>34499577
Do not do hot and cold unless instructed to by a physician. Only do cold; cold helps with swelling and inflammation, hot will usually just make it worse. Also, do light stretches before and after exercise. It feels like a waste of time but it actually helps.
>>
>>34499641
Oh. So hot baths aren't actually good?
>>
4 mile run every other day through extremely steep hilly terrain. I have infinite cardio and a 53 bpm resting heart rate.

I've been running at least 2 miles every other day for like a year now.
>>
>>34499711
Right after a long run or while you're injured, no. There's nothing wrong with a quick hot shower though.
>>
>tfw to fat for exercise
>>
>>34499814
Start with walking, it's what I did when I was obese.
>>
>>34499791
Alright. Thanks for the advice man.
>>
How to deal with boredom on a run? I'm running 5ks about 2-3 times a week and it's going fine, and I know I could do 10k without any problems, but it would take almost an hour... which bores me, honestly. Sure listening to music helps a little, and I've tried audiobooks but that just doesn't motivate me. What do I do, just zone out and not think about anything?
>>
File: cardiobot2.png (514KB, 1735x2549px) Image search: [Google]
cardiobot2.png
514KB, 1735x2549px
>>34500012
If it's a trail then I don't need anything. My mind is occupied with my footing. If it's not a trail, then I day dream a lot. I spend time thinking about everything from chuuni tier power fantasies to what I'm going to do during the week. Running is a perfect time for thinking and it's good for regulating your speed. If you're too uncomfortable to think and day dream, you're probably running too fast.
>>
File: Rippetoe2.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rippetoe2.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
>tfw into lifting instead
i unironically have respect for cardiobros though. how they keep from dying of boredom is beyond me
>>
>>34500084
Yeah kinda what I do... but even that gets old really fast. Idk, I guess I'll just have to get over it.
>>
File: 1470867363873.jpg (59KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470867363873.jpg
59KB, 960x960px
>Want to pick up running.
>Think it would be fun. Allows me to explore the city while getting into shape.
>Remember that I look really goofy when running because my legs are just weird, I guess.
>Get shin splints just from walking.

Fucking piss.
>>
>>34498309
I need to run more, but I go on a lot of long walks in my parents backyard. I love nature and am working towards a degree in the natural sciences so it is nice.

Probably going to start biking again soon, lucked out and got with my oneitis and would like to be sexier for her, and be in better shape for even better sex.
>>
> was a lardo who couldn't run 100m
> took up cycling
> told myself for years that I can't run
> tried it again one day and went 10km on the first go

I got really sore ankles, but biking otherwise prepared me really well for running.
>>
>>34500012

I imagine the qt I like running along with me and saying encouraging things.
>>
>tfw swimming is objectively the most effective form of cardio for joint health (and ballsack health, cyclists) but also objectively the most boring exercise ever
>ywn be a fish

why live
>>
File: 1450042654879.png (16KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1450042654879.png
16KB, 917x1186px
>tfw bad lower back already at 29

It's gonna be a hard life. Can't even run without tons of pain anymore.
>>
>>34501381
>but also objectively the most boring exercise ever
Just have the autism.
>>
i rode my bike to get arby's and it was fucking cold
>>
>>34502126
Arby's was the bigger mistake
>>
>>34498309
ran 5 miles today
30 miles for the week

helps with the dep / anx

still 10 lbs overweight cuz im 29 with no metabolism and eat like shit at my wagecuck job
>>
At 3AM I went for a 6 mile outdoor run to the beach, up a hill and back. Came home, did a bunch of push ups and core exercises. Gonna lift tomorrow. I hate exercise but I have nothing else going for me and it validates my existence.
>>
>>34502647
where u live friend-o?

beach runs are nice but sometimes i get too sweaty and hot
>>
>>34502704

Australia. It was 27 Celsius when I went out, no wind, 50% humidity. Nothing too extreme or interesting. There's a kind of peace to being completely alone in the empty streets in the early morning.
>>
>>34498309

henlo please tell me how 2 beggin running if you're a piece of shit with no endurance thanks
>>
>>34503004

just run until you're tired then stop

do that 3 to 5 days a week for a month

then keep adding

boom running

it's easy bro just b urself
>>
File: player skips question dialogue.png (98KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
player skips question dialogue.png
98KB, 720x1280px
>>34503004
build up slow at first, then when you're able to run 5km, start building up rapidly. thats how i did it
>>
>>34501425
smoke weed for backpain issues then run.
>>
I used to love running but now when i run i get a rash in between my legs due to years of steroid assisted weightlifting making my legs big and my last year of no roids and sitting around need smoking weed and eating icecream. What do?
>>
>tfw wanna run and get in shape but I'm scared of getting made fun of cause I'm fat
>>
>>34504566
You'll never stop being fat until you do something about it
>>
>>34498309
Never liked that picture. Experienced runners generally switch to better brands like Brooks or Mizuno at some point.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.