[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide is a basic human right. How can anyone justify forcing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1471928482663.jpg (152KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
1471928482663.jpg
152KB, 493x335px
Suicide is a basic human right. How can anyone justify forcing someone to remain alive and suffer against their will? I know the government does it to keep you paying taxes, but how does the average person justify it to themselves? How do you justify calling the cops on someone about to jump off a bridge so they can get taken to the loony bin in handcuffs and only further traumatized? How do you justify diluting helium tanks to deprive people of a painless, easy, and fast way to end their pain? How deluded and unempathetic do you have to be to think that some people aren't just better off dead?
>>
>>34497640
Nobody's forcing you, op.
>>
>>34497640
Thinking some people are better off dead sounds pretty deluded and unempathetic to me.
>>
>>34497640
>Suicide is a basic human right

Not basic. FUNDAMENTAL. Without this right a human has no other rights. If you're not free to die you're not free to live, it's as simple as that.

But our society is generally oriented around suppressing this right. And I am too, in practice. I would force a jumper off the ledge. But in theory I believe denying someone the right to kill themselves is ultimate dehumanization.

Go figure.
>>
>>34497731
What about thinking that some people are better off knowing that they CAN end it all if they want to?

Is that deluded and unemphatic too?
What's deluded and unemphatic is prioritizing society's moral feelings of responsibility over a person's own (however troubled) will
>>
>>34497640
Well from a personal point I am personally not depressed but I only have 2 friends and both of them are so if I justified suicide I'd have no friends.
>>
>>34497640
I agree with you completely. There's no point to living a life as a where you live to work and work to live, unless you're rich or are a neet.

Not only that, but mental illnesses suck balls.
>>
>>34497839
Other people don't have to live for other people, anon. It's selfish to assume that they have to live or they will offend you because you lost a person you talk to.

The only exception is being a parent. If you have a child who is still dependent on you and you commit suicide, you're a prick. It's your fault why they were with you, so take responsibility for it, even if they're a kissless virgin loser.
>>
>>34497667
Are you stupid?
>medically-assisted suicide is illegal
>euthanasia booths are nonexistent
>helium tanks were a go-to for suicide, now they're diluted with oxygen
>nets installed on bridges and skyscrapers to ensure people don't die from jumping, just break their legs
>getting caught in the process of killing yourself results in you being hauled off to the loony bin for re-education and drug injections
>have to keep it a closely-guarded secret and pray that no one interrupts you while doing it or else you will be physically prevented from carrying it through
>if they walk in on you dying they'll do everything they can to resuscitate you even if you've just blown off your face with a shotgun instead of simply letting you go
How in the world is that not forcing you to remain alive?
>>
>>34497920
>all this effort just for our society to prove a point and that point is that human life is valuable

Why do we bother so much ? Aren't there better points to prove ? Like some shit in quantum physics or idk
>>
>>34497920
nigga just cut your throat
>>
>>34497920
Get a shotgun
>>
>>34498053
>>34498054
That's beside the point. He claimed society doesn't force you to remain alive when it very much does. I don't know if he's naive or stupid or joking or what, but I do know he's wrong.
>>
>>34498124
society doesn't just force you to remain alive, the whole point of society is and has always been to keep you alive. if it fails to do that it fails its own primal purpose. so it constantly invents new tools to protect the "sanctity" of its members lives. we've just evolved from a point where a cave bear attack represented greatest threat for loss of life to a point where it's a depression epidemic. Hooray for progress !
>>
>>34497640
Normies do horrible stuff, for example there was this guy who tried to commit suicide with a shotgun and only blew his face away.
Fucking normies "saved" him.
>>
Someone is needing for a hug.
>>
>>34498267
>Fucking normies "saved" him.
It wasn't their fault, anon. Just like you couldn't blame a nazi footman for shooting a Jewish prisoner while his company cheered on.

It's society, man. Takes shit over. Makes people do grossly unethical deeds and feel very good about themselves. Mass psychology 101.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.